Rumor D23 Expo 2019 expected announcements

MickeyMouse10

All the AL talk... do we actually believe they're doing anything over there? Much less announcing it at D23?

Their probably not doing anything in Adventureland, except adding new dole whip options. Which is alright because Tomorrowland needs the most love right now.

MickeyMouse10

Id rather have The Black Pearl replace the River boat.

Thematically it might be better where Swiss Family Treehouse currently resides. They just have to make sure no ones in it when they knock it down. Thankfully though no one usually is unless they're a first time visitor.

"What the hell! It's a line with nothing at the end of it."

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thematically it might be better where Swiss Family Treehouse currently resides. They just have to make sure no ones in it when they knock it down. Thankfully though no one usually is unless they're a first time visitor.

Not everyone likes everything. Shocking I know.

peter11435

You’d be surprised how many people actually go through the treehouse. It even has an extended queue. And yes I have seen them use it.

MickeyMouse10

It’s the best tree house I’ve ever been in. I’d never miss it at least once every trip, true escapism at it’s best, and it evokes good memories of the movie too. And it has amazing views over the MK at night.

That's cool, I'm glad some people get enjoyment from it. I haven't been up those stairs since the 90's.

You’d be surprised how many people actually go through the treehouse. It even has an extended queue. And yes I have seen them use it.

That's unbelievable. It's not good for people in wheelchairs though. My poor grandma, the crawl was horrendous on her elbows.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Red / orange are proposed long term areas suitable for expansion.

Updated...

MickeyMouse10

I’ve actually waited 8 minutes (I counted) to climb the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse before.

Hopefully not out loud. That might bug other people in line after 20. 😂

So I guess it's a no go on the demo for Swiss. How about "Tom Sawyer Island"? Would anyone be unhappy with replacing it? Say for like "Western River Expedition".

nickys

Premium Member
Hopefully not out loud. That might bug other people in line after 20. 😂

So I guess it's a no go on the demo for Swiss. How about "Tom Sawyer Island"? Would anyone be unhappy with replacing it? Say for like "Western River Expedition".

Hands off TSI too!

That is one cool place, and was a godsend when our boys were young. An hour or more of peace as they ran around the Fort and the rest of the island. The caves are nice and cool too in the middle of the day. All I ask for is some home-made lemonade at Aunt Polly’s, with a cupcake and I’d happily spend all afternoon there.

Although for the Western River Expedition, maybe. Not going to happen though.

doctornick

They can also shorten the Rivers of America like they did in disneyland right? I’m dying for a new land connecting BTM and HM.

They could shorten it, but they really shouldn't have to. Unlike DL, they really aren't hemmed in north of the rivers, they just have to be willing to invest the money to develop it. Interesting, though, that unless they re-routed the train, using that land (the orange and red mentioned by marni) would be outside the RR berm.

I would love to see a connection on the north side of RoA like DL is getting with SW:GE. Would really make guest flow much better, especially during parades.

doctornick

Expect Epcot to have a large presence at this D23.

Did we get any expansion on this (amid the pointless Zootopia/DAK talk once again)? It seems likely, we could have some further details about already announced Epcot projects -- particular details about GotG, potentially more about Ratatouille or at least the area around it, I guess the Space restaurant if not open yet, the new film in the Land, Play pavilion in the old WoL, China/Canada films, etc -- but will be perhaps learn more officially about the spine work or the Poppins attraction? And Brazil, one would think, right?

I'm just not expecting to hear much beyond any of those things, but perhaps we'll be surprised. The Space restaurant seemed to come out of no where last D23.

doctornick

Thanks for the update. There is a lot to work with adding capacity without losing attractions.
Putting something in the Adventureland plot makes the most sense to me. That area could use another draw to help balance out the quadrants of the park.

I'm all for expanding Frontierland though - would love to see a version of WRE build north of Splash/BTM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom