Rumor D23 Expo 2019 expected announcements

BlakeW39

Alright guys that was fun, but we gotta get this thread back on topic.

I'd love it if they did a Stitch dark ride in Tomorrowland. There's no good slow moving dark rides in this section.

Oh, yes lol. Agreed.

I think we might be disappointed by D23 but I hope I'm wrong. Part of me thinks that Epcot's Future World will be talked about, as well as some Tomorrowland. Personally I don't think Stitch should go in Tomorrowland, but a dark ride wiuld be a good choice there. I have no clue what's in store for DHS or DAK. Maybe an Indy or Animation Courtyard change, and for DAK maybe a Dinoland redo. I wouldn't hold my horses, though.

justintheharris

Alright guys that was fun, but we gotta get this thread back on topic.

I'd love it if they did a Stitch dark ride in Tomorrowland. There's no good slow moving dark rides in this section.
A stitch dark ride i would find more appropriate in Adventureland especially since that side of the park hasn’t had a legitimate new addition since Splash Mountain in 1992.

justintheharris

Themes of this park do not need to change. They can evolve but there isn't a reason to change it to fit a silly animated IP. DAK's themes are fine where they are.

What do you guys not understand about the park, Pandora, and Zootopia? DAK and Avatar share the same exact core themes, and they always have. One did not have to change for collaboration. There was no tweaking involved. Furthermore, there is no level of tweaking which can take Zootopia and somehow make it fit in DAK. The world of Zootopia fundamentally as its core wirld builder excluded nature of all kinds, and even goes against the central themes of DAK by undermining nature in many ways.

What way could they ever make Zootopia fit?

Besides, I was debating the should not the could, debating whether or not it will happen is silly because right now it's equivalent to any othee armchair imagineering some will call likely while insiders, whose opinions matter most, actually denounce it every time it is even brought up.
Okay by that logic, Lion King makes no sense. Cuddly animals. No conservation themes. Do you demand Disney remove all of that from Animal Kingdom? Of course not.

BlakeW39

A stitch dark ride i would find more appropriate in Adventureland especially since that side of the park hasn’t had a legitimate new addition since Splash Mountain in 1992.

I'd prefer a Jungle Book dark ride tbh. Or Lion King flume, Aladdin flying sim. AL obviously needs work.

Tomorrowland does too and it looks like that will happen.

MickeyMouse10

Oh, yes lol. Agreed.

I think we might be disappointed by D23 but I hope I'm wrong. Part of me thinks that Epcot's Future World will be talked about, as well as some Tomorrowland. Personally I don't think Stitch should go in Tomorrowland, but a dark ride would be a good choice there. I have no clue what's in store for DHS or DAK. Maybe an Indy or Animation Courtyard change, and for DAK maybe a Dinoland redo. I wouldn't hold my horses, though.

It's all good man. I didn't mean to make people mad. I guess you guys are just really passionate about Animal Kingdom and what it means to you.

Disney does need to fix Tomorrowland with more than a paint job and some duct tape. Right now it just looks incomplete.

Last edited:

BlakeW39

Okay by that logic, Lion King makes no sense. Cuddly animals. No conservation themes. Do you demand Disney remove all of that from Animal Kingdom? Of course not.

Lol I don't want to reignite the flame, but no... the Lion King, once again, shares the exact same themes of DAK. It's about the intrinsic power and value of nature, and about the majesty of the animal kingdom. The circle of life; the perfect description of the ways in which nature works. The Lion King is probably the best fit for DAK.

But seriously let's end this debate. I promise I won't reply to any other point lol.

BlakeW39

It's all good man. I didn't mean to make people mad. I guess you guys are just really passionate about Animal Kingdom and what it means to you.

Disney does need to fix Tomorrowland with more than a paint shop and some duct tape. Right now it just looks incomplete.

It's all cool man haha. I ain't mad. But yes DAK does mean quite a bit to me. I find it hilaeious though how Zootopia at DAK always derails theads that it doesn't even remotely relate to lol.

TL gets a pass but it is probably the most incohesive area of WDW. Idk what is future about it.

DDLand

We’re experiencing some forum drift, but I have to add my two cents...

What was Zootopia saying? Think bigger than Judy and Nick. Remember the iconic song “try everything?” This was a movie about overcoming obstacles and stereotypes and being the person you want to be.

Judy just couldn’t be a real police officer because she was a little rabbit. Even if she went through the academy, it was only because she was their “token bunny.” Nick is a fox. We all know that foxes are untrustworthy criminals. Never mind that by labeling him cruelly they turned him into the very thing they despised. Carnivores are dangerous and one second away from becoming a monster.

Each one of those preconceptions is eliminated one by one throughout the film. A herbivore can be bad, and a carnivore good. Small people can make a big impact. The “untrustworthy” can become a hero.

“Try everything” the film preaches! Why? Because if you try, you may just change the world. “In Zootopia, you can be anything.” When that slogan turns out false, the protagonist makes it true.

That is what Zootopia is about. While I personally found the delivery of those themes a little unsophisticated (see the same year’s Moana for similar themes given in a more impactful way) they’re very good messages to send to kids and adults alike.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom is just not the place to share them.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom is laser focused on three themes. The intrinsic (or inherent) value of nature, the ability for adventure to change families and individuals, and a call to action (or creating a desire to do something to save the Earth).

The Yeti on Expedition Everest is a metaphor for nature. It is wild and untamable, strong and majestic, and leaves you stunned. After confronting the Yeti, do you doubt the power or value of nature? Are you changed by the experience? Do you feel a desire to do something to save other creature habitats?

Go through every attraction in the park (except things like Donald’s Dino Bash), and you’ll find those themes are shared over and over.

Asking a park like Disney’s Animal Kingdom to suddenly 180 and focus on themes like the ones in Zootopia, is like asking a cardiac surgeon to also specialize in neurosurgery. It would be loco!

Let Disney’s Animal Kingdom focus one what it’s good at- teaching us about man’s relationship with nature and calling us to action. Leave the very good messages that Zootopia shares to other parks.

I know my passion for Disney’s Animal Kingdom has actually helped change me through the experiences I’ve had there. Its made me appreciate animals and nature more. I would hate if that call to action was lost or obscured by even other good messages. That would be a loss for everyone.

Last edited:

peter11435

Lol I don't want to reignite the flame, but no... the Lion King, once again, shares the exact same themes of DAK. It's about the intrinsic power and value of nature, and about the majesty of the animal kingdom. The circle of life; the perfect description of the ways in which nature works. The Lion King is probably the best fit for DAK.

But seriously let's end this debate. I promise I won't reply to any other point lol.
Exactly. And I’ll add that it’s permanent execution at the park involves humans in a tribal celebration and heavily revolves around the message of the delicate balance of the circle of life and how all living things must exist together.

JustInTime

It’s universally agreed that we would have liked for it to be built, but that doesn't mean it automatically fit the park perfectly. The Fantasia hippos don’t really speak to the mission of the park, fantastic though they would have been to encounter.
I think it’s easy to say that now but had the budget not been slashed originally, we’d all be singing a different song.

I stand by Joe Rhode and his original vision for the park more than anything. It would have been fantastic and so would Zootopia. Or South America. *shrug*

BlakeW39

We’re experiencing some forum drift, but I have to add my two cents...

What was Zootopia saying? Think bigger than Judy and Nick. Remember the iconic song “try everything?” This was a movie about overcoming obstacles and stereotypes and being the person you want to be.

Judy just couldn’t be a real police officer because she was a little rabbit. Even if she went through the academy, it was only because she was their “token bunny.” Nick is a fox. We all know that foxes are untrustworthy criminals. Never mind that by labeling him cruelly they turned him into the very thing they despised. Carnivores are dangerous and one second away from becoming a monster.

Each one of those preconceptions is eliminated one by one throughout the film. A herbivore can be bad, and a carnivore good. Small people can make a big impact. The “untrustworthy” can become a hero.

“Try everything” the film preaches! Why? Because if you try, you may just change the world. “In Zootopia, you can be anything.” When that slogan turns out false, the protagonist makes it true.

That is what Zootopia is about. While I personally found the delivery of those themes a little unsophisticated (see the same year’s Moana for similar themes given in a more impactful way) they’re very good messages to send to kids and adults alike.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom is just not the place to share them.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom is laser focused on three themes. The intrinsic (or inherent) value of nature, the ability for adventure to change families and individuals, and a call to action (or creating a desire to do something to save the Earth).

The Yeti on Expedition Everest is a metaphor for nature. It is wild and untamable, strong and majestic, and leaves you stunned. After confronting the Yeti, do you doubt the power or value of nature? Are you changed by the experience? Do you feel a desire to do something to save other creature habitats?

Go through every attraction in the park (expect things like Donald’s Dino Bash), and you’ll find those themes are shared over and over.

Asking a park like Disney’s Animal Kingdom to suddenly 180 and focus on themes like the ones in Zootopia, is like asking a cardiac surgeon to also specialize in neurosurgery. It would be loco!

Let Disney’s Animal Kingdom focus one what it’s good at- teaching us about man’s relationship with nature and calling us to action. Leave the very good messages that Zootopia shares to other parks.

I know my passion for Disney’s Animal Kingdom has actually helped change me through the experiences I’ve had there. Its made me appreciate animals and nature more. I would hate if that call to action was lost or obscured by even other good messages. That would be a loss for everyone.

Wow! Your post is almost as good as mine (lol). 100% agreed.

EDIT: I said I'd no longer derail this thread. My bad lol.

FigmentJedi

I thought many of you people have been saying "AK's theme is about conservation and helping earth's animals."

How does that fit with the Yeti and the fictional alien animals in Pandora? You know these creatures are probably not real right? I don't see people saying save the rampaging yeti.
The yeti is protecting it's habitat from exploitative tourism in the Himalayas. The real Everest slopes are littered with trash and human waste from dumb hikers. Pandora is framed as the humans helping the ecosystem recover from the mining activity that took place decades ago in the film.

FigmentJedi

The art we have for Fantasia Gardens didn't even feature the hippos. Looked more focused on Pastoral Symphony's Greek mythology. Could see Nutcracker and Firebird ending up in that final product too.

MickeyMouse10

LOL, Zootopia really does derail (zoorail) topics.

HealthyOrnateHake-size_restricted.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom