The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Every Mother’s nightmare until you hear from your kid.

39A90EC9-04F1-4123-90A5-4748FB32FDB2.jpeg

Disney College Program bus heading to MK.

A good friend of mine and her son and mine friends since daycare as infants was driving a monorail during his CP the night of the historic crash. 3 hours before she heard from him that he was OK. When law enforcement is conducting interviews they are not thinking of the Moms.

Cesar R M

I find it strange that they're making waves about it now. As far I know, they have been using facial recognition since 5 years ago. They started to use that tech with the Quantum of the Seas ( 2014) and expanded to the Oasis Class later on as they went into dry dock for enhancements.

Its used extensively to find people using other photos. very useful for the photo service team.

I think other companies (even Disney) use that as well.

Gabe1

@rista if you have not heard the rest of the MB sagas. The program had a glitch. If as an example you ordered 4 different MB for the special MB $10 upcharge and only 3 were in stock the program picked a plain solid color MB as a substitute. Still because it was an upcharge program guests were charged on their credit cards $10 for a solid color MB by default of the coding in the program. When discovered the
Problem they took the page down. I have not seen if it will be fixed and restored or just fixing the credit card.

Gabe1

I find it strange that they're making waves about it now. As far I know, they have been using facial recognition since 5 years ago. They started to use that tech with the Quantum of the Seas ( 2014) and expanded to the Oasis Class later on as they went into dry dock for enhancements.

Its used extensively to find people using other photos. very useful for the photo service team.

I think other companies (even Disney) use that as well.

No clue. Just news here.

Gabe1

@donaldtoo I recorded the most bizarre stuff on TCM last night!

Don’t know why, but first up: Santa Claus.

Made in Mexico in 1959 and dubbed into English. The opening scene is basically Santa in the middle of a living It’s A Small World display. He gets some help from Merlin the Wizard (!) and then battles with the devil (in the cheesiest devil costume) over children for most of the movie. So bad, but so riveting!

Next up: “Santa Conquers The Martians.” (1964.) Apparently not related - American actors, including Pia Zadora. Saving that one for tonight.

I don’t think I can delete the first one until I show it to everyone I know lol!!
*waves* Hi!!!

Songbird76

@rista if you have not heard the rest of the MB sagas. The program had a glitch. If as an example you ordered 4 different MB for the special MB $10 upcharge and only 3 were in stock the program picked a plain solid color MB as a substitute. Still because it was an upcharge program guests were charged on their credit cards $10 for a solid color MB by default of the coding in the program. When discovered the
Problem they took the page down. I have not seen if it will be fixed and restored or just fixing the credit card.
Well, that explains why I get the "access denied" message that tells me the page may have been disabled or deleted when I try to choose magic bands. But if they don't fix it, I can't even get the plain colored bands. It doesn't even take me far enough to do that, so I would hope they at least fix that!!

Songbird76

You guys, I am so so so ticked off! I hope it can be fixed, but the last CM I talked to was an incompetent twit!! A few weeks ago, I started paying off all the balances on the bookings for our trip this summer, because I needed to do it in smaller payments as I have a $5000 limit on my card. The balance was due yesterday for all 3 reservations, one of which was canceled as my brother's in-laws can't come now.
So, 2 weeks ago, when I tried to make a payment on my brother's booking, the CM told me that because of the new privacy laws, I needed permission from the lead guest on the booking to make any changes, including payments. I said I thought it was weird about payments, because if someone calls and wants to pay for my vacation, I'm not going to say no! But I understood about the privacy laws, and she gave me an email address and phone number for the lead guest to give permission. The email had to come from the account associated with the booking, which is MY email, for all of them, and obviously that wouldn't work since I'm here and they are not and I'm NOT giving out my password so they can log in as me to send the email. But the gal said "I could never encourage you to do something against the privacy laws, but the email does need to come with a typed signature from the email address on the booking." hint hint....so I got permission from both my brother and R to send emails from my account in their names giving me permission to make changes, including payments and in R's case, cancelations to the booking, and I sent the emails and got confirmation that they had noted the permission on the bookings.
Wednesday, I called to pay off my brother's and cancel R's. When I called, the gal asked what I needed and I said I needed to cancel one, and pay the balance of another. She asked me which I needed to cancel, I gave her the invoice number, she asked for the lead guest's name and I gave her all the information, and then she tells me "Well due to the new privacy laws, I would need to get an email from the lead guest on the booking authorizing you...." and I said "Which you have." and she says "If I could just finish...I would need to get an email from the lead guest giving permission to make changes, or to cancel the booking. Only the lead guest can cancel the booking, using the email on file which is ......." I told her I had had him send an email giving me permission to make changes, including cancelations." Only the lead guest can cancel, using the email address listed on the booking. So I said ok, I'll have him email, so I guess I just need to make a payment on the other reservation. She asked for the invoice number, verified the name on the booking, the address on file, email, etc....asked how much I wanted to pay, I said the whole balance, which she read off and it was definitely my brother's, because it was the cheaper of the two because his 3rd person in the room is a 6 year old and R's third person was an adult, so there was the extra adult charge. So I know it was the correct booking that I paid off in full. I got the email with a new invoice, which I forwarded to my brother without looking at. I immediately sent an email canceling R's reservation and received a confirmation email that they received the email.
Now today, I get an email that my brother's balance is overdue. How can that be....I paid it off Wednesday!? I check my credit card online...the payment went through....and I got the invoice! I go look up the invoice....it was for R's booking! She credited the payment to the wrong booking!!! And now I'm in default on my brother's, and I already wrote to cancel R's....so now I don't know how I can fix it! They open in 2 minutes and I'm going to try to get it straightened up, but I'm so angry. She was borderline rude, and she completely messed it up, and she didn't follow protocol.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My parents though are the take it or leave it type with Starbucks. My parents are more into the different flavor Coffees the Door County coffee and Tea Company has.

They buy the flavored coffee from the Door County Coffee and Tea Company's website when there is a sale.

Yes, coffee preferences are very personal. There are also "regional" preferences as well.

Years ago I worked in the hotel industry, and I recall our corporate food and beverage manager bringing in quite a few vendors. There were multiple taste testings (I was in a group of 20). The Italian company, illy, won out for the espresso, but their other blends didn't make it with our group. I remember the illy vendor mentioning that the Northeast preferred stronger brews, in general.

I don't exactly recall the other various vendor brands, but we were a tough group to please. :p The various vendors kept increasing the amount of coffee to suit our tastes. ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Made our usual stop on our way home at the Buc-ee’s in Waller, Texas...!!!!! :hilarious:

That looks like a fun place! :D Makes me think of that expression, "everything is bigger in Texas"! Question: I noticed at the Texas Round Up section, all the men had hats on (inside the building). Is that common down there? Just general curiosity only, as I'm used to seeing men take off their hats when they enter a building, unless they're just running inside for a minute to pick up a quick item. (Then again, maybe it was part of the "uniform" for these men working at the round-up.)

FutureCEO

Instead, I suggested a great seafood restaurant, somewhat hidden over in the Theater/Night Clubs district -- which is really pleasant (during the daytime), and there were no crowds. She had a broiled cod dinner, and I had a garlic/shrimp, tomatoes & mushrooms dish over homemade pasta -- it was awesome! :hungry: I also had a fruity Sangria. For dessert she had strawberry shortcake, and I had Key Lime Pie!!

You had me before you said that evil word fungus or how normal people say mushrooms.

It's amusing that in all my times in Boston, I've only been to one restaurant. And that was more like a sports pub. If you guessed a Red Sox game, you would be right.

FutureCEO

Yes, coffee preferences are very personal. There are also "regional" preferences as well.

Years ago I worked in the hotel industry, and I recall our corporate food and beverage manager bringing in quite a few vendors. There were multiple taste testings (I was in a group of 20). The Italian company, illy, won out for the espresso, but their other blends didn't make it with our group. I remember the illy vendor mentioning that the Northeast preferred stronger brews, in general.

I don't exactly recall the other various vendor brands, but we were a tough group to please. :p The various vendors kept increasing the amount of coffee to suit our tastes. ;)

I get Lavazza sometimes for home. Coffee is coffee to me. Most of the time, I can't tell the different. Except between Starbucks and Dunkin.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I get Lavazza sometimes for home. Coffee is coffee to me. Most of the time, I can't tell the different. Except between Starbucks and Dunkin.

Some day I'll try Lavazza. At present, hubs like regular ol' coffee like Maxwell House. (I, on the other hand, drink "battery acid" as he puts it!! :hilarious: ) I like really strong brews like French roast PEETS or Starbucks.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
And now, I have called three freaking times, and get disconnected after I tell them what I need and they pull up the booking numbers. 3 times! I'm ready to cry or scream or pull my hair out, or any combination of the 3.

I’m
Sorry about your booking problems. If you do get through to someone on the phone immediately ask to speak to a supervisor/lead the front of the line cast member isn’t doing what you need them to do. I hope you get it worked out.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
As I sit on the deck I can smell the lilacs. I will pay for this with my allergies soon I’m sure but it is a perfect night to be outdoors.

Sneezes. That’s what drugs are for????

View attachment 376067

When we got home from the movies the other night the air smelled like lilacs, it was great. We don’t even have a lilac bush in our yard closest is across the street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom