News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

drod1985

Do you think this price is gonna hold?

I do not. I thinking they are overstating the desire to lay that kinda money on something that has been sold in every store for 25 years without pause.
And no - it’s not an “experience”...it’s hyper retail

Replica FX Sabers from Hasbro or Disney usually retail for $150. Kylo’s saber retails for about $179.

So the $50 leap gets you the experience and the customization element. I don’t think it’s that far of a leap for the market that’s buying these types of sabers anyway.

But lowering the price, as you’re suggesting, will open it up to a broader market for sure. Time will tell.

fctiger

JJs first Star Trek movie made me like Star Trek. What was that movie to you?

Believe it or not, when I first saw the movie, it was at the first premiere at the Sydney Opera House with JJ Abrams and the cast of the film. It wasn't even planned, an Australian friend got tickets and invited me. I was living there for the summer. Just a crazy crazy fluke lol.

Anyway I did really love it the first few times I saw it. It did feel more like a Star Wars movie than a Trek one in many ways but I wasn't really bothered by that. The movie is fine today, far from my favorite but still solid. Its too bad the last one did so poorly because I'm not sure we will get another one unfortunately. Anyway sorry for being off topic (again) but blame Darkbeer. ;D

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Replica FX Sabers from Hasbro or Disney usually retail for $150. Kylo’s saber retails for about $179.

So the $50 leap gets you the experience and the customization element. I don’t think it’s that far of a leap for the market that’s buying these types of sabers anyway.

But lowering the price, as you’re suggesting, will open it up to a broader market for sure. Time will tell.

Yeah...but do those sell??

They could do a production run of 10,000 that last 5 years.

Disney does not tolerate product that doesn’t move in the park. It’s where the money is made.

Before triple price dining and silly upsells - that is 😉

socalifornian

Believe it or not, when I first saw the movie, it was at the first premiere at the Sydney Opera House with JJ Abrams and the cast of the film. It wasn't even planned, an Australian friend got tickets and invited me. I was living there for the summer. Just a crazy crazy fluke lol.

Anyway I did really love it the first few times I saw it. It did feel more like a Star Wars movie than a Trek one in many ways but I wasn't really bothered by that. The movie is fine today, far from my favorite but still solid. Its too bad the last one did so poorly because I'm not sure we will get another one unfortunately. Anyway sorry for being off topic (again) but blame Darkbeer. ;D
Woah that’s pretty cool! That location too 🙌🏼

Gotcha. I guess that’s why I liked it then haha I just couldn’t get into those tv shows when my dad would watch them. I remember reading this last year:

The two actors [Pine and Hemsworth] were in negotiations to star in Star Trek 4, but sources say that talks between the two actors and the companies making the new installment, Paramount Pictures and Skydance Media, have fallen apart, with both sides walking away from the table.
The actors, according to sources, insist they have deals in place and that the studios are reneging on them, forcing them to take pay cuts as they try to budget a movie that is following a mediocre performer.

Then Pine said he’d like to be involved still. Another one would be nice. Maybe after JJ finishes IX

drod1985

Yeah...but do those sell??

They could do a production run of 10,000 that last 5 years.

Disney does not tolerate product that doesn’t move in the park. It’s where the money is made.

Before triple price dining and silly upsells - that is 😉

They totally sell. Especially the Disney parks exclusives - and then flippers sell them on eBay at premiums. The $150 price point is actually the low end of the “high end” saber price range. Saberforge, Ultrasabers, Parks Sabers, etc. sell most of their fully featured sabers for much, much more.

So I don’t think Savi’s price point is off for the market that’s already buying Hasbro and Disney Force-FX style sabers. But if Disney sells any lower then they’re undercutting their standard saber sales via Hasbro and the regular Disney Parks sabers - which are established markets and obviously successful products.

So unless Disney is planning on selling Savi’s sabers at a rate higher than they currently sell standard FX sabers, the price point is fine. If they want to max out 14 slots a day for 10-12 hours a day though? Then yeah, they may need to drop prices.

kevlightyear

Last bunch of pics found in the Play Disney Parks app files. There are more, but they aren't super interesting. I'll post them if there's demand.
EDIT: added spoiler tags
Outside Droid Depot

Fairly certain this guy is in Ronto Roasters

Rex!

Last edited:

socalifornian

I don’t know much about Star Trek, but aren’t they still in discovery mode? Meanwhile Star Wars has had galactic governments for a 1000-1000s of years depending on which timeline we’re talking about. The two civilizations feel like they’re in different stages

JD2000

Why is Rise of the Resistance opening in August gaining steam? Disney changed it from "Summer 2019" to "Later this Year"; suggesting it would be no earlier than September 23. Insiders said it is months [and months] behind schedule, and that August is too optimistic, right? Did I miss something?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm not familiar with this scene - but, what if the gravitational pull was nearly identical to their home planet, but the oxygen concentration was just a bit lower.
Like high altitudes here on earth.

They're on an asteroid, and as mentioned, in the esophagus of a giant space worm that lives in the asteroid surviving on eating... who knows what. The gravity should be one one-thousandth that of Earth. A small step should propel them to hit the roof of that 'cave.' There should be nearly zero atmosphere. Which means nearly zero atmospheric pressure... an oxygen mask isn't going to cut it. Their blood should start 'boiling' while also freezing (and before anyone says the worm is keeping them warm and giving them an atmosphere... remember, the 'cave' is wide open to space). And they shouldn't be able to hear one another.

So, Leia surviving in space long enough to Forcey Poppins her way back to the ship shouldn't strain any fan's credulity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom