Trip Report The "My iCloud Takes Me Back to 2016" TR's

Hello All!!

So, here I am again with another TR. This is going to be a bit different from my past ones. Let me briefly explain:

As most of you probably know E, J, & I were supposed to be in Disney in March/April. Our mom had been battling cancer for the last 3 years & was not doing well when we were to be in Disney so we cancelled our trip. I was looking back in my iCloud and was surprised at how much I remembered from past trips so I've decided to do some mini TR's as far back as my iClould takes me. I also have quite a few PP pictures from the trips(back when they actually showed up in my account-I'm sure you remember me complaining about them not showing up recently). These will not be as detailed as my recent ones since no notes were taken. There are 8 trips over a span of 2 years. I'm looking forward to doing these as a distraction from the recent sad times in my life plus my mom was on a few of these trips so it will be nice remembering happy times with her. It's also neat looking back on things that aren't in the world anymore.

Primarily based on my pictures I was able to go back & piece together the who, what, when & where's for the most part. Lot's of different things happened during these trips:1st trips for some of my family, a runDisney race, room debacles, a 1st haircut, & leaving propertyo_O for the first time just to name a few. I hope everyone enjoys & welcome aboard!!

Side note: Not sure if you remember(or care for that matter:hilarious:) but I had mentioned in my last TR that there was a specific purpose for the March/April trip. Even though we didn't go I figured I would share it with you. We were planning on a spring trip but we picked our dates based on who was performing at the Epcot Flower & Garden Concert. We were to going to see none other than Rick Springfield!! Now, I am an 80's child but was never a fan of his music. I did kind of like him on General Hospital though. Anyhow, believe it or not R & one of my BIL's really like his music😲 I know, it's not too often you hear of many guys who know the words to "Jessie's Girl". Over the years I have been forced to attend a few of his shows & I must say I developed a liking for his music. Basically, the purpose of scheduling the trip when we did was to rub it in R & my BIL's face!! So there you have it!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SUNDAY, JUNE 25TH 2017

We had a mid afternoon flight. I walked around Riverside.
IMG_0471.JPG

Hung out at one of the quiet pools with H for a little bit.
IMG_0476.JPG

IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_0485.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

We ate lunch at The Riverside Mill.

IMG_0490.JPG

Someone got detained.....I sent her mom this picture & told her I was coming back without her!
IMG_0491.JPG

She had sunscreen in her bag.

We made it home in time for my niece, M's birthday party. She was thrilled to get the birthday wish from Belle!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TRIP #6

WHEN:
September 26th-30th, 2017

WHERE: Any guesses?

WHO: Us 3 usuals & my mom

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26TH 2017

Our flight left around noon & by mid-afternoon we were boarding the Magical Express.
IMG_0729.JPEG

It felt great to be back!!
IMG_0733.JPEG

I'm not quite sure what we were hanging out in the lobby for.
IMG_0734.JPEG

IMG_0735.JPEG

IMG_0739.JPEG

In no time at all we were on a bus to.....
IMG_0744.JPEG

IMG_0745.JPEG

IMG_0746.JPEG

We headed straight back to WS since we were hungry.
IMG_0749.JPEG

I remember we all had the filet in Canada. I don't have any other food pictures so I can't remember what else we had.
IMG_0752.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27TH 2017

I absolutely love this picture!!
IMG_0771.JPEG

While walking around I noticed some damage from Hurricane Irma.
IMG_0773.JPEG

IMG_0775.JPEG

We were going to Animal Kingdom today!!
IMG_0779.JPEG

Take note of what is in J's right hand. We called it "suitcase". You will see it quite a bit in this trip. My mom had bought it for him at Target. It had Lightning McQueen on it & it held about 6 cars or so. For months upon months suitcase went everywhere with J. If we would park the stroller & forget to take suitcase with us he would have a fit. He even slept with it.
IMG_0780.JPEG

wdw2017270824231958_405120020677.jpg

wdw2017270824232188_405120020685.jpg

We had FP's for FOP so my mom & I rode then E took her turn. In the meantime J had his first ever Night Blossom. He really liked it but I think the big attraction for him was the boba balls.
IMG_0785.JPEG

IMG_0787.JPEG

IMG_0791.JPEG

I most likely was probably spinning in circles getting lost in Pandora, right @Tuvalu? :hilarious:

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 28TH 2017

IMG_0868.JPEG

Flying Carpets were first!!
IMG_0869.JPEG

Not sure what my facial expression is all about...
IMG_0870.JPEG

IMG_0872.JPEG

IMG_0873.JPEG

Then we met Aladdin & Jasmine. J had been talking for quite some time how he wanted to meet Jasmine--he had a crush on her.
wdw2017271824968856_405141620423.jpg

They spent quite a bit of time playing cars with him.
wdw2017271824968858_405141620432.jpg

I don't think J cared to have Aladdin in the picture.
wdw2017271824968860_405141620436.jpg

wdw2017271824968884_405141620448.jpg

Before he left he turned back to give Jasmine another hug!!
wdw2017271824968888_405141571853.jpg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster

It had been a few years since we had been to this so E wanted to go to it again.
IMG_0917.JPEG

IMG_0920.JPEG

IMG_0923.JPEG

I don't know what it was but I wasn't super impressed with the food. I am not a big fan of bbq type foods so that could be why.

IMG_0924.JPEG

J got up when they asked the kids to come up front but he didn't dance too much.
IMG_0927.JPEG

IMG_0932.JPEG

IMG_0933.JPEG

Back to POR we went. I believe we all went to see Bob but I stuck around longer than they did.
IMG_0937.JPEG

Rista1313

It had been a few years since we had been to this so E wanted to go to it again.
View attachment 375900

View attachment 375901

View attachment 375902
I don't know what it was but I wasn't super impressed with the food. I am not a big fan of bbq type foods so that could be why.

View attachment 375903

J got up when they asked the kids to come up front but he didn't dance too much.
View attachment 375904

View attachment 375905

View attachment 375906

Back to POR we went. I believe we all went to see Bob but I stuck around longer than they did.
View attachment 375907

Bob must know you by name by now eh?

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Bob must know you by name by now eh?
Bob's my buddy. Since the first day he met me he has referred to me as "Patti from Pittsburgh". To this day he still calls me that. There is a restaurant chain that originated here called Primanti Bros.(I think their sandwiches are absolutely gross but to each their own & they are hugely popular. They put french fries & cole slaw on them🤢.) Knowing I'm from Pittsburgh he asked me about them & said how much he wanted to try them. I was able to order a kit through Goldbelly & have it sent to him. He absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, you have to cook the stuff yourself but the ingredients are what they use in the restaurants.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29TH 2017

Today was our HS day!!

J & suitcase paid Pluto a visit.
wdw2017272825648568_405160716760.jpg

wdw2017272825648578_405160716770.jpg

wdw2017272825648583_405160716774.jpg

Then my mom & I paid a visit to this hotel. This was her favorite ride--that's the only reason I went on it.
IMG_0945.JPEG

I don't know why I look so happy. I was holding on for dear life. I was really scared b/c we were in the front row(I know, as if it matters). I don't go on this much but when I do I always pray that I'm not seated in the front row. The front row makes it that much scarier for me. Speaking of scary, check out those crazy tan lines on my arms. BTW--I often wonder what my mom was looking at then?? Almost like something was on the ground....
wdw2017272825677039_8103230825.jpg

My mom & I rode single rider on RNRC. I distinctly remember our wait in the single rider line was as long as the wait was for standby.
wdw2017272825732235_8103259775.jpg

wdw2017272825732335_8103258584.jpg

TSMM was next.
IMG_0950.JPEG

Followed by a visit to see Cruz Ramirez(thanks again @Tuvalu!!)
IMG_0954.JPEG

wdw2017272825781201_405164006463.jpg

susan lees

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14TH 2017

It was dark when we left MK. I'm not quite sure what time it was but I'm sure it was before the fireworks with J not feeling well.
View attachment 373457

View attachment 373458

Back in the room J played with his cars. Then the night went totally downhill........
View attachment 373459

View attachment 373460

About 2 in the morning I was awakened by a lot of screaming & crying. It was J. All he kept repeating was "There's a monster in here". E kept telling him "It's not a monster. It's just your Aunt Patti.":oops: Apparently, I was snoring pretty bad & it was really scaring him. He was so scared that E put him in the stroller & took him outside to walk him in the hopes that he would calm down. He did but as soon as I would start snoring again he would start crying. I forced myself to stay up the rest of the night for the sake of all concerned.

By morning I was exhausted & was not going to put any of us in that predicament again. When I went out for my walk I went to the front desk & asked if I could get an extra room for that night. The CM was confused since I already had a room & I was kind of embarrassed to have to explain the situation but oh well. I'm sure this isn't the first time something like this has happened. BTW-I was even very diligent about using nasal strips. For whatever reason though I would snore a lot. Funny thing is I really don't anymore.
I always moan about my hubby snoring until my whole family pointed out that I snore something awful 😂😂😂

susan lees

So do I!!! I always have to ask Em to lead the way. :hilarious:

R sums up my feelings about Expedition Everest exactly! Only I had to ride it 3 different times to confirm if I really hate it. (Slow learner or optimist, you be the judge! :joyfull: )
I love expedition Everest and I am not a great roller coaster fan. I think the backward bit is my favourite lol. A UK saying comes to my mind, 'there's nowt stranger than folks' 😂😂😂

MegRuss626

There is a restaurant chain that originated here called Primanti Bros.(I think their sandwiches are absolutely gross but to each their own & they are hugely popular. They put french fries & cole slaw on them🤢.)

As one picky eater and someone who HATES her food touching, I LOVE the Pittsburger from Primanti's! The cole slaw isn’t very good by itself but it just works on the sandwich!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
So many of our trips have been just a few weeks apart! Maybe one day we will be there at the same time. And I know I always say it, but J is one of the cutest little fellas ever. He has the sweetest eyes and expressions.
Aww--thank you!! You mentioned in your pre-TR that you switched your dates. E wants to go later in August before J starts pre-school. We may very well be there at the same time(but we will be out of there before the Star Wars madness)!! We will have to meet up--you can see J in person!!
I always moan about my hubby snoring until my whole family pointed out that I snore something awful 😂😂😂
:D
I love expedition Everest and I am not a great roller coaster fan. I think the backward bit is my favourite lol. A UK saying comes to my mind, 'there's nowt stranger than folks' 😂😂😂
I'm not a big roller coaster fan either & I agree with you--the backwards part is my favorite also!!
As one picky eater and someone who HATES her food touching, I LOVE the Pittsburger from Primanti's! The cole slaw isn’t very good by itself but it just works on the sandwich!
I wasn't sure which one the Pittsburger is so I looked up their menu & it doesn't give any specifics. I'm assuming it's the steak one? I absolutely can't stand the cole slaw--it's very bitter to me. R loves the sandwiches. Anytime we go to a Pirate game he always goes to the Primanti's there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom