News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Kman101

I wouldn’t know. It was only approved this year.

Curious to hear about the other proposals for the WOL pavilion. I imagine this wasn't the only idea. Any idea why they can't/won't use the showbuildings for BW/CC? (Sorry if this was already asked and you can't say/don't know). I have a tough time imagining all of the things they will have in there, plus meet and greets, without using some of those areas. I know it's a large space and all but still ... but I guess this is all meant to be "temporary"? So of course, with Chapek's mindset, they can always say "we're EXPANDING!" ;) lol

Wishing Star

not sure I buy.
"This is an experience worthy of our bold vision for Epcot – and another signature element of our transformation.”

but I'll wait for the finished product 1st, for now the Animation Academy is what attracts me.

DreamfinderGuy

So, this was a fairly recent proposal for the dome, correct? Like, within the last year. I had first heard about it a few months before the blog announced it, but it's my understanding that it's been in development for a while. Why all that development for something that's only serving to be temporary?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, this was a fairly recent proposal for the dome, correct? Like, within the last year. I had first heard about it a few months before the blog announced it, but it's my understanding that it's been in development for a while. Why all that development for something that's only serving to be temporary?

As temporary as camp MickeyMinnie.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Because that’s how long things take.

Imagine if it was permanent.

DreamfinderGuy

So all of the current construction going on at WoL for the Play Pavilion could be repurposed quickly to another attraction quickly like Cars over at DHS.
Perhaps back to a festival center?
A huge empty dome would make for a pretty terrible Festival Center. Plus, Epcot never goes backwards even when it’s a good idea (Okay, with some exceptions), so why would they put one of their bad decisions back into place?

lazyboy97o

Legally, the Play Pavilion is not temporary so anything built has to be treated the same as something not considered temporary. Even something considered quick and easy, like projections, still has to have its content created.

Dragonman

Are there any updates on this play pavilion? I’m curious about any new details or if the inside of Wonders has been completely cleared yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom