IP coated classic ride lost a good bit of magic - just a rant

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Yes yes I know this has been stated many times throughout many many threads over many many years, but I feel it is my turn. I found a podcast of recordings of ride thru-s of different Disney World rides with sound effects and ambiance that make you feel like you are on the boats and walking around the parks. Listening to Pirates of the Caribbean now with the original sound effects and scenes before the movie franchise was even born and ya know what?😩 "I wants the Red-head! I wants the Red-head!" 😏Ok guys, get your head out of the gutter, but seriously Disney. What we originally had was a deep rooted pirate-y story all on its own ride before the franchise even existed. Couldn't you have just added light movie Easter egg touches instead of changing iconic scenes? I miss the pirates across the auction shouting their chants for the Red-Head and the auctioneer wanting gold.

Anyone else want to rant on a ride that was changed or a restaurant that lost that best menu piece, ect.?

Rant here. I need a good read today.

NickMaio

Yes yes I know this has been stated many times throughout many many threads over many many years, but I feel it is my turn. I found a podcast of recordings of ride thru-s of different Disney World rides with sound effects and ambiance that make you feel like you are on the boats and walking around the parks. Listening to Pirates of the Caribbean now with the original sound effects and scenes before the movie franchise was even born and ya know what?😩 "I wants the Red-head! I wants the Red-head!" 😏Ok guys, get your head out of the gutter, but seriously Disney. What we originally had was a deep rooted pirate-y story all on its own ride before the franchise even existed. Couldn't you have just added light movie Easter egg touches instead of changing iconic scenes? I miss the pirates across the auction shouting their chants for the Red-Head and the auctioneer wanting gold.

Anyone else want to rant on a ride that was changed or a restaurant that lost that best menu piece, ect.?

I ADORED the original Pirates - - - - Sooooooooooo amazing.
Not fond of the new additions - but it makes a little sense from a tie in POV.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Removing all the Dep figures alone would increase its longevity and enjoyability. I wont wander into the PC minefield, as anyone whos has even taken a brief look at history knows that Pirates, no matter where on the globe, were not concerned with chicken auctions.

Disney does have an ongoing history issue of glamorizing feudal societies. Everyone is not special, nor can anyone be a princess.

JIMINYCR

Rarely has there been a change made ( How many have we suffered through? ) and its been for the better. Most of the time it takes away from the fun or waters down the thrill. When they go pc as in the case of the redhead, it disappoints me even more because they think its helping a cause and the reality of it is that changing it doesnt matter a hoot. But we have to suffer with the flow of the times and how the powers that be cave in to the pressure from the vocal ones screaming for change.

Heppenheimer

I won't wade into the politics... but the disappearance of "We wants the Red-head!" probably had little to do with the pirates movies (I'm pretty certain the line was still there as of at least 2008, after Jack Sparrow was added). The change was made for the same reasons that the pirates no longer chase the townswomen in a circle.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Rarely has there been a change made ( How many have we suffered through? ) and its been for the better. Most of the time it takes away from the fun or waters down the thrill. When they go pc as in the case of the redhead, it disappoints me even more because they think its helping a cause and the reality of it is that changing it doesnt matter a hoot. But we have to suffer with the flow of the times and how the powers that be cave in to the pressure from the vocal ones screaming for change.
I couldn't agree more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom