Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Castle Cake Apologist

Of course they are attractions. But the true E tickets are E ticket rides AND queues. Haunted Mansion a C/D ticket ride only (Mr. Toad level)? That's preposterous.

Disney is more and more making massive themed queues, and then having simply serviceable rides. So many FoP reviews mention the AA in the queue. One that FP riders dont even see, and one that essentially does nothing. And Hondo. Disney gets that pass. Yet I read hardly any Kong reviews that rave how awesome the witch AA is. Universal is judged only on the rides.

It seems SR pushes this all to the limit where the queue is the biggest portion of the attraction, and the ride is a short video game with lights distracting you, and the experience heavily hinges on only 1 or two of your group of 6.

In hoping RotR is an E ticket ride and queue.

Maybe because the witch in the Kong queue is nowhere near as advanced as Hondo, nor is it a 7+ foot animatronic fully suspended in water? What a weird comparison.

Why do you even go to theme parks? It's very clear that you don't understand them.

BlakeW39

To say the Kong witch is nothing compared to Hondo, or especially the floating Navi, is ridiculous.

I liked the witch. And I loved the Kong queue... not the ride though lol. I actually loathe that ride and got stuck on it for over half an hour, and then I got free passes to right on some other rides, went right to FJ and got stuck hanging in very weird positions multiple times, including facing up and down, and face to face with the dragon (which was kind of cool but still, these all broke the immersion when the lights were turned on especially).

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

Only if ridiculous means true. I was in awe with the Na'Vi AA. I was not as much with the witch. And I loved the Kong queue... not the ride though lol. Are we riding the movies or watching the rides..?
I believe they were talking about the Na'vi in the aquarium that does little more than twitch. Not the awesome Na'vi Shaman in the lame boat ride.

BlakeW39

I believe they were talking about the Na'vi in the aquarium that does little more than twitch. Not the awesome Na'vi Shaman in the lame boat ride.

Ah yes. I'll edit that. And yes the rivee journey is lame. But it isn't awful imo. It does a lack any story and scenes. I cannot for the life of me understand why they blew there budget not on a giant banshee or something but instead on a blue woman. Oh well.

Bleed0range

I see a lot of people posting whether or not they “feel” like an attraction is an E ticket or not. But what does Disney actually classify them as? What is the criteria they used to use (the facts)?

I’m sorry I’ve never delved this deep into the ticket rating system.

I would imagine that SR is an E-ticker not only based on how expensive it cost to make, but on the fact that it is using some groundbreaking tech to render such high quality visuals in real time. You might see it as a “video game,” but Star Tours is a pre-rendered film and this effectively allows you some control over the actual “flying” of the vehicle. That alone is impressive. Discounting the interactivity just because you don’t think much of it and haven’t experienced it yet doesn’t make it not an E-ticket.

If Universal has the ticket rating system, I’m sure they’d consider Gringotts an E ticket. But as impressive as the queue is, I don’t think the ride is really all that great. It feels like you are on a kiddie coaster that keeps making stops in front of giant screens. But does that discount whether or not it would be an E ticket? It’s popular and it was definitely expensive!

Rich Brownn

I liked the witch. And I loved the Kong queue... not the ride though lol. I actually loathe that ride and got stuck on it for over half an hour, and then I got free passes to right on some other rides, went right to FJ and got stuck hanging in very weird positions multiple times, including facing up and down, and face to face with the dragon (which was kind of cool but still, these all broke the immersion when the lights were turned on especially).
That'd be a good trick since Fj never actually goes upside down. The most it does is tilt backwards a bit.

Disneyhead'71

I see a lot of people posting whether or not they “feel” like an attraction is an E ticket or not. But what does Disney actually classify them as? What is the criteria they used to use (the facts)?

I’m sorry I’ve never delved this deep into the ticket rating system.

I would imagine that SR is an E-ticker not only based on how expensive it cost to make, but on the fact that it is using some groundbreaking tech to render such high quality visuals in real time. You might see it as a “video game,” but Star Tours is a pre-rendered film and this effectively allows you some control over the actual “flying” of the vehicle. That alone is impressive. Discounting the interactivity just because you don’t think much of it and haven’t experienced it yet doesn’t make it not an E-ticket.

If Universal has the ticket rating system, I’m sure they’d consider Gringotts an E ticket. But as impressive as the queue is, I don’t think the ride is really all that great. It feels like you are on a kiddie coaster that keeps making stops in front of giant screens. But does that discount whether or not it would be an E ticket? It’s popular and it was definitely expensive!
Gringott's ride system is amazingly complex.

Jon81uk

Don't forget that the original purpose of the ticket books was to spread crowds around the park.
If all attractions were the same price, then everyone is queuing for the same attractions and the smaller stuff gets ignored. So in ticket book terms, E-ticket can just mean popular. Rides and attractions also got reclassified as they got older and less popular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom