Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

KimAnnFran

Orange County Sheriff's Office described it as an active investigation, so we likely won't know more until someone is charged in relation to this theft, rather than anything to do with his clothes or the Haunted Mansion materials Spikes is charged with stealing.
I'm assuming that they cannot prove or are not certain that the same man took Buzzy, then?
This is quite a mystery.

Do you know which Haunted Mansion gown it was?

GhostlyGoofy

I'm assuming that they cannot prove or are not certain that the same man took Buzzy, then?
This is quite a mystery.

Do you know which Haunted Mansion gown it was?
"Haunted Mansion figure 32A." According to police report.
Buzzy is still an ongoing investigation separate from this current grand theft charge.

Right now it's just speculation that Spikes also stole Buzzy. Just keep an ear to the ground.

MickeyMinnieMom

Without rehashing, even though flynnibus and I disagree (and I’m pretty sure we normally agree, I’d bet I’ve liked at least a hundred of flynnibus’s posts in the past) on the potential fallout of a civil suit from a viral standpoint, I think the following is fair to say:

-flynnibus never said he shouldn’t be criminally prosecuted because he’s a kid (our differing opinions on what constitutes a kid have muddied these waters a bit), he only suggested that’s a potential reason why Disney wouldn’t pursue a civil case if restitution didn’t pan out in the criminal case
- we both agreed it is unlikely to end up with a formally filed civil suit (He based on potential media fallout, I based on the likelihood that they would enter a private settlement with non disclosure clauses well before the statute of limitations ran)
- we likely won’t ever know which of us was right
- I stand by recent media on my position if the unlikely event a civil action did take place, he has his opinion and I have mine, no harm no foul
- it is all speculative, so no need to try to convince either of us when none of us will likely ever know what happened or didn’t happen from a civil standpoint
I never disagreed with anything you have listed. Only made the argument that 1) this "kid" is not at all sympathetic, and that 2) in my opinion, the media narrative would not be spun in his favor. I believe this is true now (which I think there's some evidence of) and even in the incredibly unlikely event that Disney would file civil charges (which I never said -- and don't think -- they would). That's all.

I've already wasted more time than anyone should on this!! Check please!! 😆

Last edited:

Bleed0range

I keep thinking about how he was selling shirts with the Backdoordisney logo on them. Dude was really really trying to make a household name for himself while out here committing felonies

It takes quite the ego to steal from Disney, take pictures of yourselves dressed in the stolen merchandise, openly mock them on social media and then try to sell your own merch off that.

He doesn’t care about the money nearly as much as I think he cares about the thrill of all this and the attention he gets from it. He wants people to know he did it without saying he did it. He wants people to be impressed about how much he’s gotten away with.

But when he gets some felonies to stick and jail time he will realize how childish he is being. Maybe. When you’ve committed a felony you’re required to also mention that to every prospective employer you have from there on. Which severely limits his future.

All of this is pretty dumb. A fascinating story for us. But dumb for him.

He could have created the whole BDD social presence and it would have been fine if possibly he hadn’t also participated in so much illegal activity. But now this BDD thing is going to give Disney extra incentive to make an example of this guy.

sndral

Minor Internet fame is a harsh mistress. He's probably arrogant enough to try and dive back into all this after a trial.
I would not be at all one bit surprised if he did indeed go back into it. It's not like you can go get a normal job after having your name plastered all over the internet for stealing thousands of dollars from a former employer.

Also agree with internet fame being a harsh mistress. It can be very difficult to mentally adjust to not getting constant, instant attention whenever you want. (Not excusing this dude one microscopic bit btw) That's probably why he is still checking his snapchat and whatnot. Attention is a helluva drug.
I suspect if he’s convicted there’ll be a probation (local time sentence) or parole (prison sentence) condition that he stay off social media regarding his former employer who is the victim in the case.
Meanwhile, if his attorney has any brains he’s ordered Spikes to stay off all social media, anything we can see the detectives can too.

GhostlyGoofy

I suspect if he’s convicted there’ll be a probation (local time sentence) or parole (prison sentence) condition that he stay off social media regarding his former employer who is the victim in the case.
Meanwhile, if his attorney has any brains he’s ordered Spikes to stay off all social media, anything we can see the detectives can too.
Yep I am sure those detectives have already seen all the mirrored archives. Plus they confiscated his phone and saw the stuff he wasn't planning on posting.

gustaftp

Good God, you're annoying.

I'm not misrepresenting your position. You're the dishonest party here by suggesting a direct statement from the police saying Buzzy "is stolen" and the theft is the subject of an active investigation is somehow "misinformation."

I made the reasonable statement that I am going to wait for the courts to sort this out. And there is objective misinformation floating around in this thread. You are reading / projecting far too much into what I am saying.

You are now 3 for 3 on the strawmen arguments. Waytago. Wanna make it an even 4? Go ahead and make one more post. :p

gustaftp

Then I guess your superhero name is Straw Man, because I'm only going off what you said yourself, pal.

First timr I'm putting someone on ignore, but boy you've earned it.
To quote you: “A few, like you apparently, continue to cling to that outdated, unsourced rumor like it's the gospel truth.”

I never did any such thing. My position remains the same: I am going to wait for the courts to sort this out.

Nice try, bruv.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom