Game of Thrones season 8 announced

LittleBuford

Yes, the opening sequence is north of the wall... but the first 10mins of the episode after the the intro is all about the stark children. The starks are literally the first named characters introduced in the show.

As I said, others won't agree with me, and that's fine. To me at least, King Bran the Broken seems a poor return on my investment.

LittleBuford

I don’t see how it’s possible that being about the starks “snuck up” on anyone??

For the Starks to be major players in the ending wasn't surprising. For the ending to be all about the Starks was, in my view, disappointing and a little unexpected. Perhaps I'm the only one who feels this way.

Willmark

Considering it’s a war about two families (primarily) I’m not surprised it focus on the “victors”.

In the TV version a good chunk of the noble houses are wiped out or with young or new lords. Doesnt really lends itself to focusing on anyone else. And they did with those left, all the others are dead.

Willmark

If anything I’m more curious about how he’s going to get out of some of the corners he’s painted himself into with the books.

Only 2 more and tons of plots to wrap up with book 6 no where in sight? I don’t see how he does it.

Then the added issue of a TV show that finished before the source material?

LittleBuford

pmravuqggdz21.jpg

:hilarious:

These somehow help.

Club Cooloholic

I don’t think the acting of the last season/episode can be faulted. Emilia in particular gave some of her best performances.
I understand the material was not as good. But watch Tyrion talking to Jamie about their cousin crushing the beetles and it has more depth and passion than. Any of these speeches this season

LittleBuford

I understand the material was not as good. But watch Tyrion talking to Jamie about their cousin crushing the beetles and it has more depth and passion than. Any of these speeches this season

I think the difference can be explained by the depth and quality of the writing itself, but I could be wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom