What will happen when the Skyliner breaks down?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
No different than any other rescue situation. What happens if there is an emergency in one of the new hotel towers being built and the firefighters have to rescue persons unable to use the stairs?

They have special chairs built just for that situation.

Goofyernmost

I'm sure it wouldn't be extremely difficult to get fully mobile healthy adults off the Gondola if it were to ever get stuck... but then the question is how hard would it be if the guest were scooter bound? Or if the Gondola is over the alligator infested water? I know from one map it appears that some of the lines will be over water and given they are going to be all along the line there would likely be some number of gondolas stuck over water where a rescue truck isn't going to be driving.
A person is not bound by a scooter. They can only be used purposefully by someone with independent mobility, albeit limited. As for the rest of it, myself and hopefully others will just ignore this thread, because although people have a right to start a thread that already exists, there is no rule that says we have to justify it by saying anymore then to look at https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/new-gondola-transportation-disney-skyliner.924477/

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
31my5u.jpg

dieboy

As someone whom has worked with paramedics and rescue in the past. The photos of a few rescue rigs, compared to the amount of cars on the line does not add up. Working with the equipment pictured, we'd be talking hours upon hours to clear the line of gondolas. I sure hope they have another twenty rigs *at least* parked off camera.
I'm venturing a guess there are around 500 gondolas on a line at any given time (ballpark guess, as they are what, ever thirty feet or so?). With three or four rescue rigs, and probably a tear down/setup time of around 5-10 minutes at least, plus time to remove the casualties/guests from every gondola car, we are looking at hours upon hours if not longer. I'm venturing a guess, the water rescue setups probably take longer to setup than the land rigs.

Thanks but I will pass on those. Everyone who wants to ride them, in all seriousness, have a blast and report back!

*just watched the video, and i was about right, 15 odd minutes evac from each gondola (on land). So for one rescue rig to clear 12 gondola cars, we are looking at about three hours.

NormC

325 or so and there are three separate lines so it would not take hours. There are also several redundant systems including backup generators and alternative methods for returning gondolas to the stations to be offloaded.

lazyboy97o

As someone whom has worked with paramedics and rescue in the past. The photos of a few rescue rigs, compared to the amount of cars on the line does not add up. Working with the equipment pictured, we'd be talking hours upon hours to clear the line of gondolas. I sure hope they have another twenty rigs *at least* parked off camera.
I'm venturing a guess there are around 500 gondolas on a line at any given time (ballpark guess, as they are what, ever thirty feet or so?). With three or four rescue rigs, and probably a tear down/setup time of around 5-10 minutes at least, plus time to remove the casualties/guests from every gondola car, we are looking at hours upon hours if not longer. I'm venturing a guess, the water rescue setups probably take longer to setup than the land rigs.

Thanks but I will pass on those. Everyone who wants to ride them, in all seriousness, have a blast and report back!

*just watched the video, and i was about right, 15 odd minutes evac from each gondola (on land). So for one rescue rig to clear 12 gondola cars, we are looking at about three hours.
The rent even that many gondolas in total. Most of the system can be reached with a Genie lift.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

To Answer the original Question.... "What will happen when the Skyliner breaks down?"

My dear wife & I, safely on the ground, will be saying "LOOK - the Skyliner broke down. Those poor people :(....".
We will then go to dinner.

Also gotta confess ... we tend to avoid the Monorail these days. Everytime it goes from the GF to the MK? We chant.... "JUST make it over the water.... JUST make it over the Water" :).

danlb_2000

Premium Member

There are only around 300 cars total and at any one time you are probably looking at close to a dozen in each station loading and unloading. Also, it's very unlikely that there would ever be a scenario that shuts down all three lines at once. We have seen a number of different vehicles be tested for evacuations so we can assume they will have a couple in use at a time. It will take some time, but no where near as bad as you make it out to be.

… Now that that is done, serving doom-an-gloom scenario number 48, anyone have 48? ;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
To Answer the original Question.... "What will happen when the Skyliner breaks down?"

My dear wife & I, safely on the ground, will be saying "LOOK - the Skyliner broke down. Those poor people :(....".

Also gotta confess ... we tend to avoid the Monorail these days. Everytime it goes from the GF to the MK? We chant.... "JUST make it over the water.... JUST make it over the Water" :).

I will enjoy being in the gondola looking down at the buses stuck in traffic and saying "those poor people". ;)

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
All this complaining from people who would probably wait hours on line for the chance to get evacuated from a Disney: ride, Monorail, gondola, elevator, locked bathroom stall, etc.

Goofyernmost

When does the Monorail go over the water? It goes around the water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom