News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

sponono88

Other than Cms no. Hondo is it, although chewie does show up on a monitor. As far as story. Hondo is giving you an opportunity of a lifetime to fly the falcon with a mission to smuggle some goods for him. For the cantina I think he's it, my wife and I screwed up cause when we first got there the line wasn't so long, when we decided to go it was an hour and a half to get in so I didn't get to see it this time around but I am going in a week and I will see it then. No shows but there are troopers walking around as well as wookies, kylo and I've heard Rey does as well

Actually there is another aa in hondo’s room, he’s a droid located below hondo. after doing a quick google search, I believe his name is r5-p8

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If I go and they're out of Rex, will they give me a replica 1977 cardboard Kenner I.O.U. certificate?

1HWQIPa.gif

The Grand Inquisitor

Other than Cms no. Hondo is it, although chewie does show up on a monitor. As far as story. Hondo is giving you an opportunity of a lifetime to fly the falcon with a mission to smuggle some goods for him. For the cantina I think he's it, my wife and I screwed up cause when we first got there the line wasn't so long, when we decided to go it was an hour and a half to get in so I didn't get to see it this time around but I am going in a week and I will see it then. No shows but there are troopers walking around as well as wookies, kylo and I've heard Rey does as well
Thanks so much for the reply! This sounds so amazing! I'm glad you and your wife had a fantastic time!

drod1985

Description of the Savi Saber building experience from u/viranova on reddit.

Low key, I don’t think the experience will be for everyone. It was fantastic, but not so much that I actually think that I’ll be able to convince anyone to do it that won’t be able to justify the price for this over a legacy saber. If you want to role play and all that, I think it’s a pretty cool experience, but if you can live without that, then I say maybe skip this. There were some cool elements that I really enjoyed, especially since I wanted to role play and get as immersed as possible in this world. I wanted to see what the room looked like in person and what would happen inside. I wanted to build my own blade and I wanted to see what the process of getting a kyber crystal would be like. Since the only way to gain access to this area of Galaxy’s Edge is by purchasing a custom blade - my curiosity got the best of me and I went all in. lol I felt like if I didn’t, would I have really explored Blackspire outpost inside and out? There is a story here they had to offer and I wanted to be apart of it.

Now, I’m going to go into spoiler territory so if anyone wants to stop reading here, go ahead. Lol It’s almost a holy ceremonial experience, especially if you’re a huge Star Wars fan. You walk in with a group of people the gatherers consider to be force users looking for their path in this new world where Jedi and dark users alike are awakening. While you all make your way in this dimly lit room with ancient relics and candle wax dripping down the walls, you all gather around these tables that have a display stand and a small metal tray that’s attached to the table where you’d place a kyber crystal. The gatherers go on to tell you about what there intentions are and what they do while being accompanied by lighting effects and a great musical score. They go over what kyber crystals are and the force users that accompanied each of the colors represented. (They mention Asajj Ventress for red, Qui Gon/Luke,Yoda for green, Obi-Wan,Rey,Anakin for blue etc) They state that you too are apart of this long legacy now, no matter which path you take and as they begin to finish this up they ask you to close your eyes. They tell you to feel which kyber calls to you and when you open your eyes a gatherer is standing in front of you with this crazy looking container with a bunch of different kyber crystals inside. They are glowing super bright and you proceed to pick one out from this thing. Once you take it out, it stops glowing and you place it on your tray. They go into explaining saber hilts and proceed to bring out your pieces while this happens. They teach you how to put it together piece by piece and when you’re done you put it in this hole that’s attached to the front of your table. You stand back and when they instruct you to take out your saber, the blade is attached and they tell you to light it up. The room gets dimmer and everyone lights their sabers in the air together at the same time while the music gets louder and you hear how distinct everyone’s blade is. It was pretty dope to see that. It felt like we were some galactic knights of the round table. Lol Then it’s over and as you walk out you take a carrying case for your lightsaber.

Yoda does make a voice over cameo and not a physical cameo. Once you turn off your blades, the music changes slightly and his voice comes in acknowledging the force within us and how important the force will be to us. I can’t remember exactly what he says, but it definitely left a smile on my face since I wasn’t expecting that to happen at all. His voice shifts in and out of various areas of the room, so it’s like he’s just force ghosting it all over the place which I thought was really cool. lol There seems to be enough room in there to have a force ghost animatronic or tech installed later on if they wanted to, so I really hope they consider that in the future. I don’t think they’d need it, but man, I think that alone would get people in there to check this out. Hopefully they’d consider it down the line! 🤞🏽

He's not cheap lol 149.99 if anyone wants to see the video go to Twitter and the guys @ is @cegoodman2

Snow Queen

Since this seems to be the place to ask questions about what's in there and maybe get an answer from someone who's seen it, I have one regarding the walk around Kylo. I read someone's review in here say they saw him walk up the TIE Echelon, but I'm curious if they're still using the same Kylo outfit or have the patched up mask from the RoS trailer?

Snow Queen

Not sure about kylo I didn't get a good look at him to be honest the costume looked the same from what I saw.

I think the price is worth it, if you have money to spend I'd recommend the backpack to go with it as I did, it just adds a nice touch as you walk around you can hear him talking and moving. It was very fun to build I had a blast building my R unit.
Appreciate the answer! Glad to hear you had such a good time as well, you've got me very excited for the build a droid component.

DrAlice

How's the "puke factor" on SR? As someone who gets sick on Star Tours and other screen-based rides, I'm apprehensive about this happening on the Falcon ride. Any comments on this aspect?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Since this seems to be the place to ask questions about what's in there and maybe get an answer from someone who's seen it, I have one regarding the walk around Kylo. I read someone's review in here say they saw him walk up the TIE Echelon, but I'm curious if they're still using the same Kylo outfit or have the patched up mask from the RoS trailer?
its going to be the non damaged helmet because Disney did not think this through cannon wise at all.

That guy’s miserable reaction to the rocks etc - lol
Was he only reviewing the land for the taste of the drink (subjective) and how hot it will be and how uncomfortable it’ll be with crowds in the shops? Has he been to Diagon Alley? A new theme park even?
As for complaining about the queue for Falcon - laughable.

How immersive was it? Did you feel like you were in Star Wars? How was the attention to detail? What were the sounds like? The cast members? Just had nothing to say. Questionable he even went.

I thought the blue milk was actually an ice drink anyway. Not even a mention of that and yet he’s trying to describe it and leaves that part out?

Just seemed like trolling to me. What a hardship it must have been for him to go. Feel so bad for him.

Billy6

So based on today's post on reviewing Galaxy's edge, is there a single rider line for Smuggler's Run? I will be in LA in July and going solo to DL.... Can't wait!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom