Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

GhostlyGoofy

All social media appears to be scrubbed. However the BDD podcast is still up and hooooooo boy.

Some observations:

For someone that mysteriously got 30k in his PayPal, you'd think they could afford better mics.

One of the cohost leaves midshow to get Drunk. The other cohost calls wdwmagic "too toxic."

Spikes jokingly implicates he stole a pair of Basics costumed characters wear underneath their wardrobe.

He then says he may or may not have Mickey Mouse Railroad blueprints. Then reads off the blueprints.

--
I don't know why this case is so fascinating to me. I can't imagine someone else who has given the police and their former employer so much evidence to incriminate themselves.

I hope the Coen Brothers or somebody makes a really dark comedy about this whole caper.

Last edited:

Taran85

All social media appears to be scrubbed. However the BDD podcast is still up and hooooooo boy.
Yea his Snapchat is still up as well, Also Yahoo just posted an article saying Patrick taunted police by posting the head/mold of Buzzy (I can’t post the article on here), It’s funny cause his next podcast was going to be about the trading/sellIng Disney props in the black market, and he said he was still working on it after he was released from jail lol

Last edited:

glawio

Yea his Snapchat is still up as well,
Also Yahoo just posted an article saying Patrick taunted police by posting the head/mold of Buzzy (I can’t post the article on here)

The amount of misinformation in this article is blowing my mind. :oops: Glawio learned a lot about journalism these past few days.

Posting that pic of the face mold sure did kickstart a whole narrative about him decapitating Buzzy. I feel like taking more than 2 seconds to look at the picture makes it pretty obvious what it is but clearly that's expecting too much of people!!

Also poor Buzzy constantly being referred to as a child. Guess it makes the story juicier as well to think of him as a kid and not just a comically short pilot in the military.

Last edited:

GhostlyGoofy

Yea his Snapchat is still up as well, it’s funny cause his next stop podcast was going to be about the trading/sellDisney props in the black market, and he said he was still working on it after he was released from jail lol

LOL! That headline
It's getting covered outside of the Disney bubble. This reporter appears to have a lot facts wrong. But it doesn't matter. Having multiple people run the BDD twitter and being so antagonistic, this is the now narritave spikes helped create... and it's not going to look good for him.

Also of note that daily beast article links to archived videos and photos, so scrubbing all Social media was futile. Whoops.

Last edited:

Taran85

View attachment 374638

LOL! That headline
It's getting covered outside of the Disney bubble. This reporter appears to have a lot facts wrong. But it doesn't matter. Having multiple people run the BDD twitter and being so antagonistic, this is the now narritave spikes helped create... and it's not going to look good for him.

Also of note that daily beast article links to archived videos and photos, so scrubbing all Social media was futile. Whoops.
Yea, it’s being reported outside the Disney bubble lol, Fox News, NY Post, NY Daily news and the Associated Press have covered this story as well.

Kobe!!

Same here.

It's going to be hard for BDD to keep his story straight. And nearly all the evidence was provided by himself and his hubris.

The police report clearly cites a YouTube video where BDD tries to create a narrative that Disney had police raid his home for Phones. Because disney didnt like his pictures. As if media juggernaut was unaware of cloud data or digital storage???

He since scrubbed that video, but since police obviously watched it, it's also quite possible they archived the footage. Along with everything else he threw out into the digital ether.

This is such a fascinating trainwreck.
Plenty of people have his posts saved. ;)
The parks are very leaky in terms of photos or videos from unauthorized areas, HOWEVER it’s usually among friends such as Facebook or trusted groups. Here was the case of someone trying to get seen and make a name for themself. If Patrick Spikes didn’t want to be seen and have people talking about him, to say the least, he wouldn’t have called into Tom coreless’ little podcast that one time, or overall act cocky and have people “meme his mugshot” he wanted his limelight and he got it, and then tired to make an name for himself.

There are two types of people when it comes to the leaks; or as in this case backstage exploration. Ones who want to do it anonymous, and then you have those like Patrick spikes who’s ego got to big to fail or Matt StCyr (sonswa) who put his bloody face and name into his videos.
Pretty much!
I’m sure someone out here also archived it
;)
His podcast he reveals details about Mickeys RR.

And this is all Hypothetical but IF he did fence Buzzy. Would Buzzy be considered Patented Proprietary property of Disney? I mean it's not like he came out of a kit.

What if a competitor of Disney got their hands on Buzzy and reverse engineered him? That could be like Popeyes getting the colonel's secret recipe.
Bruh, calm down.
If that’s what you took from it... please just skip my posts going forward.
right?
He didn’t steal it, but if I remember right he knows who owns it. Of course he could be lying about anything so take my word with a grain of salt 🤷‍♂️
this.
I just read the full affidavit and that buyer (who I will not mention by name until they're arrested) claims he didn't know it was stolen and that Spikes said he had permission from Disney to have it. From this, I can conclude that the buyer is probably guilty of a lot more than Patrick is and is trying to cooperate with the investigations in hopes for immunity. There's no way the buyer didn't know it was stolen and I'm certain he's sold off incredibly valuable items that Spikes sold to him. The buyer only had 18 of the items and I'm willing to bet there's other items that he personally sold off. The charges against Spikes will increase. And I'm willing to bet at least four people will be going to prison in this saga.
If I was the buyer, I'd be worried about getting my money back from Patrick.. but then again I'm not the buyer.
Yeah I find it hard to imagine the Buyer really believed Spikes to be an above the board seller of wdw props. If that were the case the two probably wouldn't have been making transactions in strip mall parking lots.

I mean it's possible, but not very likely. We'll see If he gets his day in court as well.
Plot twist - the buyer was related to Patrick. damnnnnnnnnn.
I find it funny that his friends are now joining the discussion here. Personally I would remove my self from any association with him.
He has friends? smh. lol
wait... people get wifi in jail???
Yeah man, haven't you been? lol

Apparently they let you keep your phone and laptop too... I mean how else would he know this? haha
It’s an easy story to tell if you want to.... but the juice in the story is Disney sues kid for huge money for stealing some trivial clothes.... the web isn’t obligated to tell both sides, nor is spikes is a bad kid story worthy of clicks. So they won’t tell that angle with the same vitriol.

What everyone keeps missing is the facts don’t matter when spinning a story for emotional outrage. You don’t lead with the justification... you lead with the outrageous emotional hook and that’s all it takes.

And everyone under 25 is a kid IMO... you’re still figuring things out.
25 is not a kid... clearly you don't know anyone who has had a girl at 16, married at 21, exc..
Leave Patrick alone, he's a good kid. ;) haha smh.
If you are 24 and are still having trouble figuring out how Roth IRA's work, that's understandable.

If you are 24 and are still having trouble figuring out that you don't steal things, that's a problem.
I'm 30 an love my IRA account. haha
The head posted isn’t his actual head, that’s his face mold. I presume that mold was also stolen, but it always could’ve been salvaged from the trash too 🤷‍♂️
Alright calm down. haha

glawio

I'm happy this is getting news coverage because now I don't look toootally crazy for having been talking about this to my friends/coworkers since December, but annoyed I'm going to have to correct it for anyone who brings it up to me. It is on the FRONT page of Yahoo news. :rolleyes:

GhostlyGoofy

I've had literally nobody to talk to about this who actually knows what I'm talking about, so I guess I'm super excited to finally get to chat about it. Sorry if my crush is showing, I'll tone it down a bit
Yeah I don't know anyone in person who is familiar with Buzzy. It's why I always wear a Bomber Jacket green cap and giant oversized glasses. Good conversation starter.

Well that's the difference... as the prior (or what I mistakenly looked up) was 56 pts. Either way... the point about mandatory mins still applies in fl :)

And thx for 812.025

Wanna comment on the buyer?
Florida is a funny state. While if you score more than 44 points on the sentencing scoresheet you are supposed to receive a "lowest permissible" prison sentence. The truth is that the judge can downward depart as long as he/she finds a reason on the last page of the scoresheet. Some of those reasons are really easy to meet. (Legitimate, uncoerced plea bargain, minor participant, capacity to appreciate the criminal nature was substantially impaired, etc.)

True minimum mandatory sentences in Florida are more rare and involve sex offenses, gun offenses (10-20-life), and drug offenses. (There may be some other categories that I can't think of off the top of my head.)

If I were to wager based solely on the one criminal complaint that is filed right now with only the three charges. I would guess that he would not receive any prison time but a period of house arrest followed by probation or straight probation. BUT We all know that more charges should be coming eventually. Depending on what he is charged with, prison time followed by probation would not be unreasonable.

If I were the prosecutor of the case I would keep my thumb on the buyer using the threat of an unfiled information for theft to keep him cooperative. If I charge him it would be a pre-arranged sentence with the option to dismiss after all of Patrick's cases are resolved. Actually charging him blind, creates too many problems with the main focus, Patrick. Do I think he knew or should have known those items were stolen, absolutely. But that is just my personal opinion without the benefit of knowing all of the evidence against him.

These charges are currently for the HM props. Since the affidavit listed a Buyer stating they bought at least 18 items from spikes. Is there a chance more charges can be added before trial?
Absolutely. Depending on the number of deliveries made, each one of those could be a separate count of DSP and Theft. More burglary charges would be easy if all of the thefts were on different days. They would be a little more interesting if they happened on the same day. The argument would be that he moved from public to private to public to private space, so that each move to private space would be a new burglary charge. the defense would argue that this was a continuing burglary regardless of the number of venues he visited.

I am waiting to see if the girlfriends are charged as it appears at least one of them is a current cast member and friend of Mickey. Perhaps they had no involvement other than appearing in pictures but it sure seems like they were present directly after the thefts.

Cesar R M

PUBLISHED May 17, 2019 @5:41 PM

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla.
– A man who Orange County deputies say stolen thousands of dollars-worth of property from Disney World has been arrested.
  • Man accused of stealing clothing from Disney World animatronics
  • Patrick Allen Spikes, 24, was arrested and booked Friday
  • Investigators say he stole $7,000 worth of items and resold them
Patrick Allen Spikes, 24, of Orlando, was booked into jail on Friday.
Deputies say Spikes entered a restricted Disney area and stole more than $7,000 in items and resold them.

--

Other pieces of stolen Disney property, including a dress from the Haunted Mansion ballroom scene, were found on Spikes' phone, the arrest warrant said.
Spikes is also accused of reselling many of the stolen Disney items. Investigators made contact with a person who said they had purchased multiple items from Spikes, including the Haunted Mansion dress for $1,000.

--

More at the link

Wow, I used to watch this guy's twitter.. never imagined he could go as far as going to steal stuff D:

GhostlyGoofy

Absolutely. Depending on the number of deliveries made, each one of those could be a separate count of DSP and Theft. More burglary charges would be easy if all of the thefts were on different days. They would be a little more interesting if they happened on the same day. The argument would be that he moved from public to private to public to private space, so that each move to private space would be a new burglary charge. the defense would argue that this was a continuing burglary regardless of the number of venues he visited.

I am waiting to see if the girlfriends are charged as it appears at least one of them is a current cast member and friend of Mickey. Perhaps they had no involvement other than appearing in pictures but it sure seems like they were present directly after the thefts.
Thanks for this kind of insight. 👍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom