News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Incomudro

I believe once Rat is done the back stage area will become on stage area and there will also be a Creperie restaurant.

Yes, and I don't think the vantage point from the Gondola's is high enough to give us rooftop views - certainly not like we see in the aerial shots.

Last edited:

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
the old Magic Kingdom Skyway had terrible backstage views of unadorned rooftops and all...No one ever complained. THis is a mode of transportation...I think any backstage views will be fine...

In all fairness, this site didn’t exist back then. I hate seeing backstage junk when I’m in any park, it kills the environment. Disney or otherwise. I wasn’t a fan of what became visible over fantasyland from the skyway actually

rickdrat

the old Magic Kingdom Skyway had terrible backstage views of unadorned rooftops and all...No one ever complained. THis is a mode of transportation...I think any backstage views will be fine...
I agree with you that its just a transport system, however, aside from lack of ADA compliance, wasn't the backstage/rooftop views one of the reasons they closed it to begin with?

Goofyernmost

In all fairness, this site didn’t exist back then. I hate seeing backstage junk when I’m in any park, it kills the environment. Disney or otherwise. I wasn’t a fan of what became visible over fantasyland from the skyway actually
I was just the opposite. I love seeing how things look in the areas that I have been forbidden to see and how things work. But, to be honest, it never really crossed my mind that I should be all bent out of shape because I could see those dirty AC units on the roof. Foolish me, I kept thinking I was in a theme park, just to be enjoyed, but, not to be taken seriously. Just there for fun and that was provided by the ton.

Goofyernmost

I agree with you that its just a transport system, however, aside from lack of ADA compliance, wasn't the backstage/rooftop views one of the reasons they closed it to begin with?
I believe that a large reason had to do with two things. One, was that it was said that some of the less highly evolved riders were dropping things down on the people below and that some spitting was involved as well. Two, was that there were no restraints around them to prevent the same less highly evolved riders from falling out of them. As far as ADA was concerned, as long as they didn't remodel or improve it, there was no requirement to follow ADA regulation. Touch it for upgrade and then it was un-grandfathered.

ImperfectPixie

I believe that a large reason had to do with two things. One, was that it was said that some of the less highly evolved riders were dropping things down on the people below and that some spitting was involved as well. Two, was that there were no restraints around them to prevent the same less highly evolved riders from falling out of them. As far as ADA was concerned, as long as they didn't remodel or improve it, there was no requirement to follow ADA regulation. Touch it for upgrade and then it was un-grandfathered.
I seem to recall an instance of someone jumping out and then trying to sue, as well.

joelkfla

I think the custodial worker that was killed by it also was a factor. I was in the MK that day, and the entire western side of Fantasyland was closed for at least half a day. Of course, cm's keeping Guests out did not give the real reason for the area closure, but it was in the newspaper.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, May 22, 2019. Views of the Riviera Skyliner station. Landscaping will probably start very soon.

IMG_1357.JPG

IMG_1358.JPG

Nice ironwork on the security gates around the Skyliner departure and approach lanes.

IMG_1359.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom