News Sleeping Beauty's Castle to be refurbished

Chupaca Bruh

I have been going to Disneyland since 1965. Trips in 1970, 1971, and 1974 sealed my love for the place. I have been many times. Finally got to WDW in 1996 at 40 years old... and loved that place too. I really like the new paint job. It is bold and beautiful (No, I never watched that). I know that the colors will fade a bit, jst like at toontown and other more brightly painted areas. I use to be very conservative about what I thought Disney should do in the parks. I am much more open to ideas now.
I like Cinderella’s castle better but I love both castles...l even the chateau in Paris. It is too bad so many people have to divide things into one thing has to be better than another. If you don’t love it that means you hate it. Oh well I love much of the stuff Disney does but i do see some baaaaaad decisions.

kevlightyear

Before and after from the map...
castles.gif

mickEblu

Watched a fresh baked video and I think the backside of the castle is going to take a little more getting used to from me. It’s a little bit more of a mish mash of bright colors back there. As far as the front of the castle, the sparkles aren’t nearly as bothersome as the gold bricks around the entrance arch. They are really bright and distracting. They should have went with a darker gold there or nothing at all.

Ismael Flores

Saw the Castle on Saturday and it looks great. The colors really make the Castle pop but it is not overwhelming. The Gold accents really add to the overall look off the structure.

i remember people asking if the cones were a solid piece painted to look like tiles. I did see that all of them are not a solid piece but are actually shingled pieces or at least made to look like shingles

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Saw the Castle on Saturday and it looks great. The colors really make the Castle pop but it is not overwhelming. The Gold accents really add to the overall look off the structure.

i remember people asking if the cones were a solid piece painted to look like tiles. I did see that all of them are not a solid piece but are actually shingled pieces or at least made to look like shingles

There was a photo between wall cracks that showed them shingling the rooftops. I believe they sprayed them with something to reflect UV and keep them bright.

SuddenStorm

My only complaint is the pixie dust on the center roof. Incredibly tacky. The rest seems like an update of the castles proper paint scheme pre 2005.

As much as I'd love for them to go back to the 1955 color scheme, I know that's unrealistic to expect.

Californian Elitist

Like a fantasy castle for kids, like something out of an animated movie, like your avatar...?

😑😑 Why are you comparing a piece of art of a depiction of what we’re talking about? My avatar is an exaggerated depiction of SBC. It’s art.

It’s not a “fantasy castle for kids.” And it’s not supposed to look like a toy. SBC is not based on something out of an animated movie, it’s based on an actual Germanic castle.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I'm sure it'll look fine in person. I was pleasantly surprised in Disney world - Not one photograph on the internet came close to capturing the true beauty of Orlando's Tower of Terror at night. Same with RSR at DCA. I personally will withhold judgement till I see it with my own eyes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom