Strollers

SirWillow

Wheelchair wear the person having to push out, especially at animal kingdom where there is so much uphill.

People who have never had to push someone else around in a wheel chair all day don't have a clue how exhausting that is. My family has done it a couple of times. And had to have it once myself after surgery and we were meeting friends a couple of weeks later at the parks, when I was certainly not up to walking long distances. I don't begrudge anyone that's in need of a chair for wanting a scooter instead. It saves everyone in the group a lot of struggle, and makes for a much more pleasant day.

The bigger issue is whether the person in the scooter is aware of what they are doing, knows how to drive, and cares to pay attention.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I pushed my wife all around Epcot one very hot day when her knee went out on her. Epcot has a lot more hills than you would think!
My point exactly wheelchairs really are not an option over scooters, it's just too hard on the person pushing.

I could not impose on my family like that either. It is rough pushing a chair up hill even for my son that is in real good shape. When my foot was in an ortho boot I rented a scooter from the outside vendor for a week and we took Uber’s with it. I didn’t hit anyone though a few people cutting in front of me narrowly were safe. Would these people jump in front of a bicycle or car like they do a scooter. Dumb humans.

Scooters if you drive a car you can drive a scooter. A few laps around the lobby (big at Bonnet Creek) and I mastered the steering and picked a controlled speed.

Pay attention to the incline of flight of passage for 4 stories and 2 steep ones in addition inside. I would have sat that out if I wasn’t in a cart. A wheel chair would have been unkind to whoever got stuck pushing it despite the kind gesture to do so.

jumpinjamie

We took my daughter to the parks the past 3 years when she was 1, 2, and 3. We have a car seat/stroller combo that is great for take Lyfts with as they require a car seat. We found that it was way easier to park the stroller for the day at the beginning and carry her the entire day. It was much faster than having to push and maneuver the stroller around the crowds and have to find parking for every attraction. Last fall, my mother came and rented a scooter from MK. The thing was really slow, so we actually found it faster to get a wheel chair and push her with my daughter on her lap. It would have been way too cumbersome to push the wheelchair and the stroller the whole time.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Speaking of scooters, did anyone catch this horrible news today?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-woman-killed-electric-scooter

Regards! Michaelson
This is not the electric scooter you're thinking about.

This:

Not this:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom