The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I've got AT&T for my cable TV and my internet. So far, knock on wood, I have not had any problem with them. I've had two cable boxes that needed to be replaced so I just brought the old one to them and without any questioning they just handed me a new one. I did have a service call previous because I had one channel that would pixelate constantly. The next morning the guy was there. He checked it out, tried all the tricks and it didn't fix it, so that was box #1. I've had no problems with the internet at all. It's been about 4 years now.

I have nothing but glowing reviews for the reliability of ATT U-verse over the long haul. So much more reliable than Comcast here anyhow. I have internet, TV and for a long long time had two landlines 📞

Gabe1

The summer in Question, I know Chicago actually had 1 more 100 degree day than where I live Wisconsin. As far the 1995 heatwave in Illinois, it also did happen parts of Wisconsin also including where I live.

The part of Wisconsin I live is the South Eastern part. I live less than 100 miles away from Chicago. Chicago's summer average for that summer was 75.1 degrees despite the 47 days of 90 plus degree weather. Chicago that summer was only their 11th warmest ever and I found that odd.

Where I live that summer had a than record 73.8 degrees during summer before it got broken in 2012. The old 73.8 degree record was tied in 1995.

The things we will never forget.

My oldest did 2 years of his Undergrad just into Wisconsin. He was at Carthage in Kenosha, a Small Lutheran College (being the great Catholics that we are) It was amazing how that state line between Illinois and Wisconsin is a natural weather divide drawn in the dirt.

donaldtoo

Got back about an hour ago from visitin’ with Emy and the kiddos this evenin’...!!! :)

Emy chowin’ down on some avocado and broccoli, sippin’ some water through a straw from her bear bottle, enjoyin’ some after dinner “swing time” (including a swing pic from the other day), and she saw her first lightning bug/firefly tonight (although she’s not lookin directly at it in the pic, she actually did see it light up several other times :hilarious:)...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:;):)

502CDD00-347C-46C1-ADE8-D5ED1AF13159.jpeg5773A06F-EFB2-4898-B875-DF6BFD444A82.jpegC1BCF8B3-3717-4F81-92AD-781D988B53E6.jpeg563E303D-8D05-48C9-8A08-85DF69B60DD3.jpegBE8609F6-46A2-4530-8963-3EE516FAE7C4.jpeg

donaldtoo

The summer in Question, I know Chicago actually had 1 more 100 degree day than where I live Wisconsin. As far the 1995 heatwave in Illinois, it also did happen parts of Wisconsin also including where I live.

The part of Wisconsin I live is the South Eastern part. I live less than 100 miles away from Chicago. Chicago's summer average for that summer was 75.1 degrees despite the 47 days of 90 plus degree weather. Chicago that summer was only their 11th warmest ever and I found that odd.

Where I live that summer had a than record 73.8 degrees during summer before it got broken in 2012. The old 73.8 degree record was tied in 1995.

In 2011 we had 90 days that were at or above 100 degrees here, 3 of which were in may.
Plus, that year and 2000 both gave us our all-time static high temps of 112.
Last year was our 3rd hottest year with 51 days at or above 100 degrees.
I’ll easily trade it for not having to deal with ice and/or snow for 3-4 months, or more, out of the year...!!! ;):)

donaldtoo

That might take some REAL magic. But he also wants to do the Behind the Seeds tour. (his husband is quite the gardener...belongs to a gardening club and everything.) I'm not sure if he's wanting ME to book it for him or if he has a way to book it himself. But, the fact that he actually looked into things and decided that he liked the way that tour sounded....I was amazed.

I was just bein’ silly based on your previous posts, but, I sincerely hope he gets more involved in every way, if even just a little bit, to try and make this a special trip for his daughter.
Ya’ never know, they may enjoy it so much they may wanna’ plan another one for the following year with y’all, or even just go themselves...miracles do happen...!!! ;):)
Either way, as others have posted, try not to get too stressed about it all, and, ultimately, you need to do what’s best for you and your family...!!! :)
As always, and as I’ve posted before, and as I know you’re fully aware of, remember...

94EBFB20-C4E7-4DD9-9966-1AB568B4BF7D.jpeg

;)

Gabe1

This is such a fun post! I hope your Godchild has a great summer vacation (whenever that is for her) and a good school year after that ;)

Few more days due to Polar Vortex, then off until Mid August. And thanks, she really loved the gift. I was a boring parent with teacher gifts. I always gave gift cards to table service restaurants, figured they needed some pampering at year end. My kids Chorus Director went above and beyond, though had a stipend he also Directed the Middle School Musical.
That man always received a very nice gift card for a lovely dinner from our family.

donaldtoo

So it's NOT just me that can't access the magic band thing? I've been trying for several days and it always says Stitch ate the page.

Awwwww...how cute...!!!!! :inlove:
The Disney equivalent-ish of “The dog ate my homework!”... :rolleyes:
But, it’s oh so Magical when they try to make a joke out of your frustration...that company is gettin’ more and more off it’s nut... 🤪

Last edited:

donaldtoo

In 26 days it should be the 70's-80's . Rochester seems like a cool town, it has been a long time since I've been there. My husband just went down there today, a church member is down there with their premie baby. The baby was due in late July but was born a couple days ago. The baby is doing fine and isn't even on oxygen anymore, but hubs still wanted to see how the family was doing.

So beyond a special place for him and you both in heaven, and for him to make the trip for that family. God bless that child and family, and God bless you and your DH.
Bringing back memories of our now almost 27-year-old, born at 1lb. 4oz. Miracle DS.
So much support made a huge difference... god bless you both...!!!!! :happy:

Gabe1

That might take some REAL magic. But he also wants to do the Behind the Seeds tour. (his husband is quite the gardener...belongs to a gardening club and everything.) I'm not sure if he's wanting ME to book it for him or if he has a way to book it himself. But, the fact that he actually looked into things and decided that he liked the way that tour sounded....I was amazed.
We plan to do Seeds in the late summer months. Been on our bucket list for a while

Gabe1

Nobody does it like Disney does.

6330A8D4-594F-45D4-9767-CCECAB6046A0.jpeg

He won’t REMEMBER It but the parents are planting their own memories as parents. We parents all hold dearly our memories of our children’s childhoods that the little tikes have zero hard memories of. My son has zero recollection of blindsiding Pooh with the biggest HUG. We do. PRICELESS

Gabe1

Awwwww...how cute...!!!!! :inlove:
The Disney equivalent-ish of “The dog ate my homework!”... :rolleyes:
But, it’s oh so Magical when they try to make a joke out of your frustration...that company is gettin’ more and more off it’s nut... 🤪

Blurg. We have all become accustomed to your discontent with Disney. Of course most of us understand why. Still the vast majority on this thread are Disney fans. Is Disney alone as a Corporation to go out of stock on a popular item. No. Did I find an Orange Bird shortly after out of stock for @Rista1313 much to her happiness? Yes. Is Disney a Corporation alone in a popular item to go out of stock? Did I find a Popcorn bucket for another member here to their happiness? Yes, much to their happiness. Go to any box store for an advertised item out of stock on any given day not unheard of. Some love Disney some can find any reason to hate on them.

Did Disney under estimate the willingness to upgrade a $10 from free magic band yes. But is that their fault for unexpectedly expecting Free is worse than a $10 up charge? It more demonstrate the LOVE of Disney than the reason to always hate on Disney.

Is it wrong that they have through their social media stated it is a temporarily run out of stock for an upgrade that was so well received than they anticipated? That they will restock. How is that a corporate failure? So many fans wanting their upgrade offer, to me it is a win for both vs a horrible corporation. They are not denying future same offers just an unexpected willingness to pay more vs the free. Free vs pay more became the unexpected norm. What corporation would anticipate the outcry to pay more for a free item?

But the chill out is by the time you take your Granddaughter to WDW they will likely have upgraded Magic Bands back in stock given it is years away. Possibly, maybe.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Got back about an hour ago from visitin’ with Emy and the kiddos this evenin’...!!! :)

Emy chowin’ down on some avocado and broccoli, sippin’ some water through a straw from her bear bottle, enjoyin’ some after dinner “swing time” (including a swing pic from the other day), and she saw her first lightning bug/firefly tonight (although she’s not lookin directly at it in the pic, she actually did see it light up several other times :hilarious:)...!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy:;):)

View attachment 374545View attachment 374546View attachment 374547View attachment 374548View attachment 374549

Every time I see pictures of little Emy, I'm jealous! :happy: That kid has such a great day, every day!!!

(I always enjoy the meal pictures in particular -- "wearing" some of your dinner just adds to the overall enjoyment of the meal.) :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom