Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

justintheharris

So you don't have any cites that he resold the items... just your hunch. Ok. I'll go against that until the police or other evidence is filed that says otherwise.

Eighteen items isn't alot. I have more than that just within my immediate vicinity in my office.

All your bits about knowing if it were stolen or not are immaterial as long as the guy bought them for his own use. If he resold the stuff, it would be a big deal, and the guy would be facing charges of his own. But as of right now he is not.
Yes. Wait for the police of course. If the police recommend no charges against the buyer, I will accept the premise that he’s just among the worlds biggest buffoons. But with an active investigation, he’s a suspect who I’m convinced is just as guilty as Spikes.

This has nothing to do with the buyer. The cited 'inclusion' is still about SELLING property (even if it wasn't stolen)

From https://scholar.google.com/scholar_...ate,+369+So.2d+687&hl=en&as_sdt=6,47&as_vis=1

Straight from the judgement
"The offense proscribed by Section 812.019(1) is trafficking in stolen property. In Section 812.012(7)(b) the qualifying words "with the intent to sell, transfer, distribute, dispense, or otherwise dispose of such property," modify not only the word "use" but also the words "buy, receive, possess, [or] obtain control of". Therefore one does not "traffic" in stolen property merely by receiving it. Nor does one evidence an intent to "dispose" of stolen property merely by putting it in his vehicle"

I'm Sorry, I wasn't more clear. Yes, the buyer of stolen property cannot be prosecuted for dealing in stolen property absent proof that the buyer intended to dispose of the property.

However, the buyer of stolen property can be charged with the theft of the property.

Smiley/OCD

My response was not necessarily a denial of any credibility, it was questioning credibility because all of a sudden I see that Headline from a publication called the Orlando Rising. I have no previous knowledge of existence and only have your word now. I have no reason to not believe you, but, I still don't know enough about you and your publication to give it my undying support of what you are saying. In the world we live in right now, I do not believe anything I read and only half of what I actually see.

I didn't at the time see any reason to just accept that headline, and frankly, I am still somewhat skeptical, but, appreciate your coming on and explaining your place in the puzzle. However, that said, I could come on and say I was King of Egypt. I don't know you and you don't know me. I guess I have no choice but to accept that he was stolen, but, something smells really bad about they entire story. The delay, the fact that Disney didn't publicly say it was stolen, etc. Why would they hold back that information, this wasn't the Lindbergh kidnapping, it was as inanimate an object as the clothing that they did report. Just makes no sense. But, if that is what it was... that that is what it was. I shall officially go back to where I was which was not caring one way or the other. That is between Disney and whomever took it and the police. I don't have a dog in this race.
I'll venture two guesses as to why they didn't report the theft...first, they would have to admit that their security was lax, at best, and secondly, they would rather work with law enforcement "behind the scenes" to solve the theft. Yes, they don't want to be perceived as the BIG, BAD corporate entity, but by admitting their security holes. they essentially "open the floodgates" to copy cat wannabes.

Smiley/OCD

What good would having an AA do anyone, especially if someone thinks of it as a prize. Who can they show it too. How do that keep something like that a secret to the point of not being involved in willful purchase of stolen property. Something is stinking to the high heavens in my mind.
For the same reason that people have been stealing priceless works of art for centuries...just to say in their own mind that they do and can have it...ego, ego, EGO

GhostlyGoofy

I'll venture two guesses as to why they didn't report the theft...first, they would have to admit that their security was lax, at best, and secondly, they would rather work with law enforcement "behind the scenes" to solve the theft. Yes, they don't want to be perceived as the BIG, BAD corporate entity, but by admitting their security holes. they essentially "open the floodgates" to copy cat wannabes.
Exactly. If Buzzy could be taken out it's open season on all retired Characters!

"Come with me, boys."

sndral

Yes. Wait for the police of course. If the police recommend no charges against the buyer, I will accept the premise that he’s just among the worlds biggest buffoons. But with an active investigation, he’s a suspect who I’m convinced is just as guilty as Spikes.
So what - it’s pretty typical to turn one defendant to convict another. The feds do it all the time, flip the small fish to catch the bigger fish. Using an accomplice’s testimony usually requires corroboration which isn’t a problem with the facts we have in this case. It gives the defense more ammunition to attack that witness’es credibility, but prosecutors deal with unsavory witnesses all the time. How’s the defense even going to introduce evidence that Spikes ‘told him it was stolen,’ have Spikes take the stand and testify I stole those items and told the buyer?
Do we have any evidence of when Disney reported the theft to the police? It’s quite possible they reported it early on and the delay in it becoming public knowledge is due to the fact that the investigation has not yet resulted in pc to arrest the thieves.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Except that is not true. He is charged under 810.02(3)(c) - Burglary of an occupied structure which is a 2nd-degree felony. It scores as a level 6 in the sentencing guidelines or 36 points. The clerk's office has it listed incorrectly as burglary with a mask. once the information is filed, that should change.

Well that's the difference... as the prior (or what I mistakenly looked up) was 56 pts. Either way... the point about mandatory mins still applies in fl :)

And thx for 812.025

Wanna comment on the buyer?

Last edited:

GhostlyGoofy

Except that is not true. He is charged under 810.02(3)(c) - Burglary of an occupied structure which is a 2nd-degree felony. It scores as a level 6 in the sentencing guidelines or 36 points. The clerk's office has it listed incorrectly as burglary with a mask. once the information is filed, that should change.

His second charge is the dealing in stolen property 812.09(1), also a 2nd-degree felony but, only a level 5 under the sentencing guidelines or 5.4 points because this is not a primary offense.

His third charge is the grand theft 812.014(2(c)(2), a 3rd-degree felony that may not factor into the score sheet as one cannot be convicted of both theft and dealing in stolen property due to double jeopardy. See F.S. 812.025 and Hall v. State, 826 So. 2d 268, 271 (Fla. 2002).

So, for this set of charges her would score 41.4 points before any prior record points are added in. He needs 3.6 more points to get to a presumptive prison sentence (44) and even then the presumptive sentence would only be in the 12-13 month range. (44-28 x .75=12) Sure he is looking at a possible 30 years but, realistically he may not be looking at any prison sentence at all.
These charges are currently for the HM props. Since the affidavit listed a Buyer stating they bought at least 18 items from spikes. Is there a chance more charges can be added before trial?

glawio

So the whole chair's gone? I've seen pics of the slice hose full of wires. It looks like something out of an H.R. Finger painting. By the time I've been to epcot the ride was long shut down. I didnt realize how tall he was. If only I did some urbexing!

Sorry I missed this reply. Yes, his whole chair is gone.

Looks as though they took the whole chair and the grey piece we can see on the right here (red sticker on it) which looked to be attached to the platform the chair sat on (probably to hide wiring). Not to stir up anything, but beyond the main line which was cut, it looks kinda cleanly done. The wiring that went from the chair to the platform isn't frayed about. I could probably see it clearer if the video of it was still up, for now we have to go with screengrabs. Kind of eerie that the exit signs were lit up post-theft.
Also very weird to see pictures leading up to this where there is a significant tear/fraying in the main line exactly where it ended up being hacked off. I can't find any pictures of CC when it was operating where you can see the tear, only after Buzzy was cleaned up. Whether this happened naturally while he was sitting in standby or if someone pre-cut it to start getting ready for the theft is up to you.

Wherever he is, he's in the whole chair. 🤷‍♀️

GhostlyGoofy

For what it's worth, there is some rumor that he was well known to be a problem in the Ent dept...
and... the end result hasn't shocked anyone who worked with him.
I heard on Twitter,( so who knows for sure??), it was well known he was doing the photo thing and rather than confront his supervisors, he faked an illness and had a family member write him a medical excuse for extended leave. To avoid being fired or quitting in person.

That seems to be his M.O. since that's what happened first time being questioned by cops. :depressed:

When it doubt, puke it out.

Last edited:

GhostlyGoofy

Sorry I missed this reply. Yes, his whole chair is gone.

View attachment 374551
View attachment 374552

Looks as though they took the whole chair and the grey piece we can see on the right here (red sticker on it) which looked to be attached to the platform the chair sat on (probably to hide wiring). Not to stir up anything, but beyond the main line which was cut, it looks kinda cleanly done. The wiring that went from the chair to the platform isn't frayed about. I could probably see it clearer if the video of it was still up, for now we have to go with screengrabs. Kind of eerie that the exit signs were lit up post-theft.
Also very weird to see pictures leading up to this where there is a significant tear/fraying in the main line exactly where it ended up being hacked off. I can't find any pictures of CC when it was operating where you can see the tear, only after Buzzy was cleaned up. Whether this happened naturally while he was sitting in standby or if someone pre-cut it to start getting ready for the theft is up to you.

Wherever he is, he's in the whole chair. 🤷‍♀️
That's insane that chair had to add so much weight.
JUSTICE 4 BUZZY!

Also that second pic shows off his cool, creepy robot Claws.

Kobe!!

But he might have to play hide the churro...
weird
I don't think he was that smart to switch it... the $$ was probably already spent before it hit his account...
right? lol
12/5 is also Walt Disney's birthday.
interesting
That shows that not only is Patrick a moron but so are some of his friends and relatives.
duh...
The BackDoorDisney site seems like the only thing left since the Twitter and Instagram accounts are gone

View attachment 374083
Edit: The "Home" page has some NSFW photos
That's not even Disney... lol
Feeling the need to warn everyone that if you go poking around this website, for reasons I absolutely cannot wrap my head around, there is a photo of a huge adult toy with BUZZY written on it in permanent marker. It used to be the very first thing that would pop up instantly when you tried to load his blog.
how cute... i remember my first beer.
I know it's super unlikely, but how incredible would it be if this somehow got used against him in this case? Like imagine them searching his apartment and finding this???

Jokes aside, dude had a track record of making really kinda weeeird sexual comments about Buzzy and it always felt very strange to me. I understand it was a kind of facetious thing but after a while it was like...are you okay? Need to talk?
Clearly he needs help..
This has been the most fascinating WDW news story in years. I'm glad this scummy man was caught and I hope he faces severe punishment.
kill the beast!!
According to Orange County Clerks website a document was just added today 5/20/19 Spikes' attorney, LeRoy Costner, just sent a written plea of NOT GUILTY.

This is gonna be a wild trial.

Myorangeclerkdotcom click search records. All cases and put in the name. It will bring it up.
*Grabs a bucket of popcorn*
Yiiiikes....Guess that says it!

Wherever Buzzy is, I hope he's being taken care of like a captive princess and treated well. 😔 At least getting some clothes on him…
This is weird...

Goofyernmost

If that was the incentive, man did that backfire. Perhaps they need a new PR person or two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom