Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary Thread

Mac Tonight

Is it really overpriced if it sells out? Sure, you and I won’t pay that much but plenty of folks will. Disney knows what they can get away with for the most part.
Of course they do, and that's the shame. Anyone remember the similarly priced Pixar Pier preview??? How'd that turn out?

D.Silentu

I'm almost fully recovered from my ailment of shock that people will pay so much for so little. However, I dread the day that Disney starts charging these prices for things that are actually unique and worthwhile.

Mac Tonight

I'm almost fully recovered from my ailment of shock that people will pay so much for so little. However, I dread the day that Disney starts charging these prices for things that are actually unique and worthwhile.
Given Disney's current track record, I think you're pretty safe for a while.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well yeah. It’s overpriced for us but in Disney’s mind, if they can sell it out it’s not...in fact, a sellout will likely push prices even higher for the next event.
My post was really just a joke. As long as someone is willing to pay for it then its not overpriced.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It was a joke but not inaccurate. I think a Mercedes is overpriced, lots of people don’t.
It is accurate. Its perception of value, or lack there of, that determines if something is overpriced. To the people that don't think a Mercedes is overpriced find some value in it whereas you don't. The same goes for this event (or other Disney events for that matter), you or I don't perceive there to be enough value to go, whereas others that do go do see a perceived value it in it.

Its basic economics.

mickEblu

Well if something is unique and worthwhile they’ll charge $900 so rest easy.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Several hundred dollars to spend just several hours in line? LOL.

I can think of a few annual passholder events that were better than this, and were free. The Golden Horseshoe event years ago was free (if I remember correctly) and sounds better than this.

I agree about the merchandise. None of it looks appealing.

Mac Tonight

It is accurate. Its perception of value, or lack there of, that determines if something is overpriced. To the people that don't think a Mercedes is overpriced find some value in it whereas you don't. The same goes for this event (or other Disney events for that matter), you or I don't perceive there to be enough value to go, whereas others that do go do see a perceived value it in it.

Its basic economics.
Dude, he was agreeing with you.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Same. Another overpriced Disney event to "celebrate" part of their history with cheap merch and lackluster food. If only they'd put the money this event will cost them back into the upkeep of the actual attraction, we'd all win!
it would be worth it if we got great merch and lackluster food but not both being subpar.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom