Rumor Fantasyland Expansion

Rich T

I guess I'm just not sure why you'd want dunking booths... Help me out!
It was just a joke reflecting many fans' weariness of all things "Disney Princess." It apparently *bombed* as a joke, but...talk about an attraction that would define a major difference between DL's and WDW's customer base. :D
But now that I really try to envision it as an actual thing: It would be hosted by Oaken, and the idea would be all the royalty had agreed to take part for charity. There could actually be a real charity-of-the-day. And now I'm thinking this would be better at Pixar Pier, dunking various Pixar characters that have been overused.

Mac Tonight

It was just a joke reflecting many fans' weariness of all things "Disney Princess." It apparently *bombed* as a joke, but...talk about an attraction that would define a major difference between DL's and WDW's customer base. :D
But now that I really try to envision it as an actual thing: It would be hosted by Oaken, and the idea would be all the royalty had agreed to take part for charity. There could actually be a real charity-of-the-day. And now I'm thinking this would be better at Pixar Pier, dunking various Pixar characters that have been overused.
It's all good man. I just thought you were going somewhere completely different with it at first ;)

britain

Original Poster
Not to add fuel to the fire. But I'm still not sure why you think this. IASW is not right in the way of a path backstage. The only thing that IASW is in directly line of backstage is whatever sits behind it and the TDA building. In my opinion that would be the most inefficient way to create an expansion path to backstage.

A better path backstage in my opinion would be to tear down Fantasyland Theater and the west side of Toontown (which except for the Mickey and Minnie M&G is a waste of space anyways), which give you greater access to backstage.

All of this in moot right now anyways as there is no indication of further backstage consolidation. However its always nice to speculate and bluesky.

Ya know, you're right. I really thought Small World was more centered on the body of the park, but after looking it over again, I see that really it's just Mickey's House that will need to give way to access in the back of house.

The dotted line just indicates that while access from Galaxy's Edge is possible, I doubt they would make a wide avenue. Maybe a Fantasy Faire / Rancho del Zocalo style hallway.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Ya know, you're right. I really thought Small World was more centered on the body of the park, but after looking it over again, I see that really it's just Mickey's House that will need to give way to access in the back of house.

The dotted line just indicates that while access from Galaxy's Edge is possible, I doubt they would make a wide avenue. Maybe a Fantasy Faire / Rancho del Zocalo style hallway.

View attachment 374419
Lol, I kept wondering why you were insisting in both this and the other threads that IASW would have to go in order to access backstage. It never made sense to me, but glad you saw the error of your ways.... ;)

As for GE access, if they really did go that route they could have shops line the "avenue" to any backstage expansion. Sort of like a NOS style walkway.

brb1006

I vaguely remember Robin, Marian, and Tuck as walk around characters in the 80s.
Robin Hood, Little John, Prince John, Friar Tuck, and The Sheriff of Nottingham do still show up at the parks. However, these days the Robin Hood characters only show up for special events at WDW and DL. But they used to be common meetable characters at both parks until the mid to late 2000's came around.

Recently Robin Hood, and Little John got a new design sometime in 2018.

Meanwhile, Maid Marian hasn't shown up at the parks since the mid 1990's (specifically 1994) and the only Robin Hood character that hasn't returned to the parks in years.
6KVAB4q.jpg

Last edited:

Rich T

You would think with the Furry culture, they would totally bring these back. Disney leaving money on the ground.

fb145c6a3f7983d6a346c6cd90e8424a70bac165_hq.jpg
Now, stop that!!!!! Just because furries are a thing doesn't mean all us non-furries can't enjoy these films in the spirit they were intended! Inappropriate art is out there for just about any topic you can think of, unfortunately. And this pic really offends me because it suggests Nick isn't being faithful to Judy--And they're the best Disney couple ever! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom