The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Apparently, my usual tactic of yelling "representative" until an automated phone system transfers me to a live person doesn't work for AT&T's customer support line. The robot ended up politely hanging up on me. Well then...

Their "customer service" is awful. I cringed the day I heard about them taking over DirecTV (somewhere around a year ago). Hideous.

Rista1313

I was an avid protester of the magic bands. I've come to love them and feel regret in protesting so much. But I do acknowledge my concerns were really what I did fear. As I walk past a particular attraction I receive a forced message that I am near Skipper's Canteen and their are still reservations available. But I feared the wrong thing, not the magic band but the My Disney Experience App. It isn't Disney's Magic Band tracking my whereabouts. It is the App I've downloaded. :rolleyes: Oops. And if I don't download the App my Disney Experience will be very very different. :in pain: I roll with it now. :geek:

I can understand that. I was in denial that our phones and other devices were listening to our conversations for the longest time. It’s scary!

SteveBrickNJ

I thought of your today. My Godchild posted this today, a year end gift to her. She has a lovely voice and was hired as Chorus Director. Layoffs, lost her job. Day before new school year was offered a Band instructor as she was a marching band student back in the day.

View attachment 374310
This is such a fun post! I hope your Godchild has a great summer vacation (whenever that is for her) and a good school year after that ;)

Songbird76

I couldn’t even take any pictures from the Seuss Trolley so maybe it is a copyright thing? Or they don’t possibly want people dropping phones on guests down below. They had plenty of sweatshirts. They were all really nice. Oldest got a Hufflepuff embroidered sweatshirt. It is so soft. I totally think you are Ravenclaw.
The Seuss Trolley...is that the one up above on the track? I took pictures last time time from that, but maybe I wasn't supposed to. But back then I also didn't have a smart phone, and that was in 2010...maybe they've cracked down on that stuff now.
My supervisor commented that my sweatshirt was falling apart, and I said I know, it's much loved and I couldn't toss it because it's Harry Potter! And I showed him the sleeve where it says "Ravenclaw", and he looked confused and said "But....that's the wrong house!" and I asked what he meant and he said "You're not a Ravenclaw!" (again, ouch) And I said that according to the sorting hat on Pottermore I am. And then I asked him what house he thought I was, and he suddenly didn't have an answer. I was like "What....did you think I'm a Slytherin?" and he said "NO!! You don't think I think THAT badly of you, do you?" So now I wonder what kind of impression he has of me...apparently not smart enough to be Ravenclaw, but not evil.

Goofyernmost

I was trying only trying to gauge it a against a July birthday party of my preschool son. The temps were in the 106 range and I believe over 700 people died in Chicago over a week and a half. They had bodies stacked in refrigerator semi's. Something I'll never forget. We bought two cheap window A/C units because the central AC was not keep up well enough and we faced west for a household full of people. We put one in the family room/kitchen and one in the living room and that worked well. That was 1995. It was now early evening and time to open presents and cake and I asked everyone to step outside. I never imagined several dozen people wanting to pound on me at once. I had just been outside and the temperature had dropped from 105 to the low 70's while we were celebrating inside. We in the Midwest don't do 105 for almost 2 weeks. As each guest belligerently moved outside at my request the awe of the low 70's that I forced them to share with me was well welcomed.
\
So I was just wondering if Wisconsin and Illinois shared that same heat wave or if they were different. Not meaning to get up into your age. I'm an AARP women and I am comfortable with all that. I've earned every year on this earth. :)
No one seems to really remember it around here, but, when I moved here in 2011 it was one of the hottest summers on record. We had stretches of days when the temps were either close to or at 106 degrees with very high humidity. I had just come from an endless winter in Vermont so my body didn't take well to the heat. My AC in my apartment was set at 67 degrees and it never shut off. The outside of my windows had condensation completely covering them.

They were in the process of putting a new roof on the buildings in this complex and the crew were all wearing work pants, t-shirts covered with long sleeve flannel shirts. I practically had heat stroke just watching them. They were up on that roof putting on black shingles all day long some even stayed up there during our usual afternoon thunderstorms. They had too to make sure the roof was covered before to much rain came. That is when I started to question the sanity of southerners. But, I eventually acclimated to it, and now have my heating and cooling set at 71 degrees year round and am quite comfortable (sometimes chilly). In actuality though, we have hit 100 degrees only once since then in 2014 that I recall. If it makes it this week it will break a record for frigid 90 degree weather. 🥵

Goofyernmost

Their "customer service" is awful. I cringed the day I heard about them taking over DirecTV (somewhere around a year ago). Hideous.
I've got AT&T for my cable TV and my internet. So far, knock on wood, I have not had any problem with them. I've had two cable boxes that needed to be replaced so I just brought the old one to them and without any questioning they just handed me a new one. I did have a service call previous because I had one channel that would pixelate constantly. The next morning the guy was there. He checked it out, tried all the tricks and it didn't fix it, so that was box #1. I've had no problems with the internet at all. It's been about 4 years now.

Rista1313

No one seems to really remember it around here, but, when I moved here in 2011 it was one of the hottest summers on record. We had stretches of days when the temps were either close to or at 106 degrees with very high humidity. I had just come from an endless winter in Vermont so my body didn't take well to the heat. My AC in my apartment was set at 67 degrees and it never shut off. The outside of my windows had condensation completely covering them.

They were in the process of putting a new roof on the buildings in this complex and the crew were all wearing work pants, t-shirts covered with long sleeve flannel shirts. I practically had heat stroke just watching them. They were up on that roof putting on black shingles all day long some even stayed up there during our usual afternoon thunderstorms. They had too to make sure the roof was covered before to much rain came. That is when I started to question the sanity of southerners. But, I eventually acclimated to it, and now have my heating and cooling set at 71 degrees year round and am quite comfortable (sometimes chilly). In actuality though, we have hit 100 degrees only once since then in 2014 that I recall. If it makes it this week it will break a record for frigid 90 degree weather. 🥵
I remember a summer down south that was really hot... it was 1980 or 1981, and I was staying with my grandparents in Atlanta... several days of over 100+ and if my memory serves me right, I'm thinking it even got as hot as 113 in the sun. Thank goodness my grandparents had a pool!

MySmallWorldof4

Checking out of Cabana Bay😔, but headed to Universal Studios and then to HS. So not a bad day at all. We really enjoyed our stay here. Totally recommend this hotel. Yesterday we ate at The Cowfish. Overpriced and the food was average. The concept was interesting. They had burgushi which is hamburgers in sushi form. Dh had a cheese burgushi. I had a veggie burger.
A993F370-3A64-4D60-9B2E-6E394E6C7B38.jpeg69224A6F-0627-48E1-A3F7-6C2A9F21DCC9.jpegCEE8EA33-A48D-4F38-8932-3B6DB6A44AD8.jpegB046EE0E-5C54-4BA0-9955-6AB9C2BD4334.jpegAEA921F5-B35C-4EE9-93F3-6F99CEB0293A.jpeg087198C4-A434-4FA5-8923-F3F05ACE2C6E.jpegD3572F84-5825-4CAB-AD1C-3EFAA3CD41AE.jpegA785C6A7-FFB6-4157-84AE-9F170F6AC7D9.jpegBF5DB954-7746-4A88-B839-0EB894FB03EA.jpeg

12in12

So sorry to hear about your mum's fall. Broke her arm? Oh dear. (Was it her favored arm -- in other words, if she's more right -handed, was it her right arm?) Her feeling a bit insecure is also an issue after this, but maybe try to reassure her that sometimes people fall; yet, it may not mean it will happen again.

I wish her well, and you, too. Hugs to you both.
Sorry to hear about your mom, hopefully she can recover and find some
Peace.
Sorry, to hear about your mom's fall and fracture. I hope she gets better soon.

I know how it is dealing with moms when they are not at their best.
Oy Boy! :( Your poor Mom. And poor you. It is a struggle knowing what to do and what not to do with our aging parents. Hope she heals quickly and take care of yourself too.
Oh my.
Doing fine, and thank you.
Much more concerned about your mom and yourself dealing with this.
Hope she heals quickly and that it was just a fluke situation.
Don’t worry about catching up here. Best wishes and prayers to your mother and yourself during this time.
Using this quote to reply to @RedNoseMickey . So sorry to read about your mom. Prayers she will heal quickly.
Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers. They seem to be working as my mum is starting to feel better. She was really worried about the up coming trip to Bali but after reassurances from the doctor and my sister and I she knows she will still go and it is motivating her to get better. I'm looking forward to going to the Netherlands on Friday. Monday is a bank holiday so I'll have 4 days to spend with my mum and sister. Hopefully my mum will feel up to going out so we can have some fun.

12in12

Checking out of Cabana Bay😔, but headed to Universal Studios and then to HS. So not a bad day at all. We really enjoyed our stay here. Totally recommend this hotel. Yesterday we ate at The Cowfish. Overpriced and the food was average. The concept was interesting. They had burgushi which is hamburgers in sushi form. Dh had a cheese burgushi. I had a veggie burger.
View attachment 374341View attachment 374342View attachment 374343View attachment 374344View attachment 374345View attachment 374346View attachment 374347View attachment 374348View attachment 374349
Burgushi sounds... interesting.

StarWarsGirl

Usually they've been pretty okay. They usually give me what I want when I call them. I don't care too much; my phone bill is $40 a month and I get decent service and a lot of data. I looked into switching to Verizon a while back and was like, nope. Too much more.

It could be worse. They could be Comcast.

Goofyernmost

I've got AT&T for my cable TV and my internet. So far, knock on wood, I have not had any problem with them. I've had two cable boxes that needed to be replaced so I just brought the old one to them and without any questioning they just handed me a new one. I did have a service call previous because I had one channel that would pixelate constantly. The next morning the guy was there. He checked it out, tried all the tricks and it didn't fix it, so that was box #1. I've had no problems with the internet at all. It's been about 4 years now.
I'm sorry.... when I wrote the above post I was having a very severe Senior Moment and got it confused. I had AT&T and dropped them like a hot potato when they're rate kept climbing and climbing. I never really had a problem with customer service, just price. The service that I described above is Spectrum (Time Warner Cable). I do remember AT&T going out often, but, didn't stay out long enough to even dial a phone. More annoying then a big problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom