News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

jpeden

In the Parks
No
After a lot of clicking, I was FINALLY able to get my order processed. Got the wife the Disney Parks Snack band and myself an orange one for the Halloween Party. The Mickey American Legend Band was on sale on ShopDisney so I just bought that one through there. With the extra 30% off code they're running it ended up being $15 (which would have been the price if I could have used the upgrade method in MDE) so it worked out, although I won't get it customized.

It worked best for me in Google Chrome with an Incognito window just as an FYI for everyone else.

kbmb

When are you charged for these? When you select?

Also are you able to change once you select a pattern like the solid colors?

Last edited:

jpeden

In the Parks
No
When are you charged for these? When you select?

Also are you able to change once you select a pattern like the solid colors?

I was charged as soon as I finalized. I am not sure if you can change once you finalize and order.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
interesting. I was not. I just rechecked, and the order is still there. So I assume your on file card is charged when shipped

I had to re-enter my credit card info at checkout. It did not default to the card that is stored in my MDE profile. Did you go through the checkout phase? If not, your order isn't finalized - it's still pending. Based on the interface, you have to do that even if you select free Magic Bands.

aw14

I had to re-enter my credit card info at checkout. It did not default to the card that is stored in my MDE profile. Did you go through the checkout phase? If not, your order isn't finalized - it's still pending. Based on the interface, you have to do that even if you select free Magic Bands.
Went back and checked, you are correct. It did allow me to use the "on file" card, but had to click a few more times to confirm. Good catch

tmthomas52

Someone in my FB group found these on KTP's website (pretty sure from comments on one post or another - I couldn't find them using the search). Note that the price is $24.99 discounted to $10.

View attachment 374020

Sorry for the crappy quality...I just slapped these together into one file after cropping out personal info.
Idk why none of these really appeal to me other than the Spaceship Earth one. Obviously it’s a new discount so no reason to complain but I’m not seeing what I thought people mentioned as special release ones being available.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I am not seeing a way to decline a Magic Band now. Unless, of course, I just am looking in the wrong place. Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe if you don't select a Magic Band it auto declines one for you?

Mat Cauthon

Question for those in the know on certain character bands they show. I see characters like Capt. America, Thanos and Black Panther and wondered if merchandise with their likeness is allowed in the parks but nothing else. I usually tune out the Marvel debates here on what is allowed and what isn't and we aren't much for buying souvenirs when we visit so I can't say whether I have noticed them or not. These particular bands just stood out to me.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Question for those in the know on certain character bands they show. I see characters like Capt. America, Thanos and Black Panther and wondered if merchandise with their likeness is allowed in the parks but nothing else. I usually tune out the Marvel debates here on what is allowed and what isn't and we aren't much for buying souvenirs when we visit so I can't say whether I have noticed them or not. These particular bands just stood out to me.

I have seen those in the hotel gift shops before, but not the parks. But, I'm not a Marvel person so I can't say for certain as I've never looked for them in the parks.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Build a massive solar farm....but kill a ton of trees and damage the land around the site where they are building the solar farm.
Then keep firing polluting fireworks into the air every night and generate a massive carbon footprint by keeping the parks running every day.
Use Diesel powered busses that pollute.
Use Jet engine trams every day that pollute.

"But hey...we stopped them straws, and built a solar farm. That should keep the environmentalist protesters off our backs."

If your stance on the environment is this strong, it sounds like you should boycott WDW and the company in general. But, like I said, this really isn't germane to the discussion.

Minnie1986

I 100% will be ordering my upgraded band tonight. Even if you buy a skin from Etsy, you’re saving money buy just using the deal Disney is offering.

sophie_the_pooh

I was able to complete my order, but only by changing the country to USA (I'm from Canada). I could procede with the payment and even got a confirmation number, but I still see my old choices (solid colors) when I go back to the MB page...And then it crashes again...I hope it really worked!

jbolen2

I wonder how often they will change stock, and what happens if you choose a band and pay for it but it doesn’t ship until closer to your reservation date say 6 months out. Do they just set it to the set in a hold bin or will you end up getting redirected to pick another of what’s available at that closer time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom