Splash Mountain (MK) vs. Expedition Everest (DAK)

Splash Mountain (MK) or Expedition Everest (DAK)?

• Splash Mountain

• Expedition Everest

Results are only viewable after voting.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
This is a tough poll. Two of the greatest attractions Disney has ever built and both perhaps the greatest by some standards.

Top notch theme and immersion into a fantastical environment, both with nice thrills and a great story.

So what's the greatest? Your splash into the briar patch or a dangerous journey to the forbidden mountain?

P.S. - for the sake of argument, the Yeti is in fully operational mode.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Splash is on of my top rides. I like Expidition Everest, but for a coaster type ride I also like the Mummy. Splash is just my happy place lol

BlakeW39

Original Poster
Splash is on of my top rides. I like Expidition Everest, but for a coaster type ride I also like the Mummy. Splash is just my happy place lol

There's something so charming and so magical about Splash Mountain, it's quintessential Disney. Everest is in my opinion the best coaster of Orlando, but Splash Mountain is definitely my laughing place!

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I don’t think any ride will ever touch this one. This is the ride my children first rode as the first “big” ride. They love it and I love it just because they love it.

JIMINYCR

I do enjoy EE, even with the non working Yeti.... But Splash wins hands down. Theres so much more to the attraction to love. Its got the music, the vast variety of animatronics, the splash down, and more ride after the drop.

Paper straw fan

They're also my two favorite rides in all of Disney World but my vote went to Everest. Can't find it anywhere else!

I thought about it for a while. EE is the better ride, Splash the better experience, and it barely wins for me. I instinctively was about to click Everest before I saw the opponent!

belledream

I don’t think many people will put anything above Splash... whether you’re comparing apples to apples, or apples to oranges. :p

Michaelson

The ONLY reason I voted for Splash Mountain was the height requirement for Everest. My grandson can ride SM, but not EE due to his being a bit short for that coaster......but BELIEVE me, if he WAS tall enough, he'd be first in line. He's an adrenaline junkie and only 4!!!

So, SM for now.....later on this would be a REALLY tough poll.

Regard! Michaelson

HoldenC

Without a doubt Splash Mountain. It is always a MUST for me when I'm at MK. I enjoy Everest but find it to be vastly overrated among the fanbase tbh 🤷‍♂️

Musical Mermaid

As a child, I was all about the roller coasters and didn’t appreciate Splash Mountain as much. Back when there wasn’t a lap bar, I always feared I would fall out. I love both of these rides as an adult and think they are both really well themed. I give the edge to Splash Mountain since it’s longer and doesn’t go backwards (the section I dislike on Everest since I am prone to motion sickness).

cheezbat

As much as I loved the original Expedition Everest, it cant touch Splash Mountain.
Splash has a little bit of everything i look for in a perfect ride: audio animatronics, dark ride scenes, thrills, water, and a soundtrack that gets stuck in your head.

danyoung56

I like them both, but I'd vote for E:E. It's my favorite coaster on the planet - just extreme enough for me. Plus, I'm not wild about getting wet (soaked!) on a ride!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom