News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

180º

OK, so far we have

and

Yes, I am cherry picking quotes here, but I am not criticizing these two posters. As anyone else would, I really appreciate their first- and second-hand reports. However, weren't people supposed to be blown away by this attraction?
I don’t know where everyone’s been getting that impression from. This has always been the “other” ride. For several years now @marni1971 has been telling us Falcon is comparable to Universal’s Hogwarts Express, and I think that’s absolutely accurate.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don’t know where everyone’s been getting that impression from. This has always been the “other” ride. For several years now @marni1971 has been telling us Falcon is comparable to Universal’s Hogwarts Express, and I think that’s absolutely accurate.
Have I ?

Big bird will be an E. It’d only be an E minus to differentiate between it and Alcatraz.

180º

Have I ?

Big bird will be an E. It’d only be an E minus to differentiate between it and Alcatraz.
Forgive me, it might have been one of our other insiders. I went back and searched your Big Bird posts and found that you were expecting to be more impressed by Falcon than Flight of Passage. I would certainly differ with you on that, but I know you’re a bit colder on FoP in the first place than I am. And I absolutely think it would be ridiculous to classify Falcon as less than an E. It’s very elaborate and I never expected it to be on ROTR’s level. For some reason people are reading into the existing reviews on this site as a big disappointment, but it’s pretty much what I was expecting.

Rich T

Some people are bound to be disappointed, because they're expecting "OH MY GOSH, I FEEL LIKE I'M ACTUALLY IN STAR WARS WITH NOTHING TO BREAK THE ILLUSION", and they're receiving a nicely done theme park area designed for the masses. And we can't really let Disney off the hook on this, either. They're the ones who'll be hawking this land without making it clear that its star attraction is still off-line.
(EDIT)
And no matter how great the RotR ride turns out to be, a lot of people are going to be disappointed in it. Can't please everyone.

Old Mouseketeer

Hogwarts Express is an overall D-ticket. That's not a pass on its quality.

I actually think it's the best attraction Universal has built this decade and easily the most game changing for the industry.

The biggest comparable being the real magic is in the build up and exploration. But the ride itself will certainly be more E-tickety than Hogwarts Express.

RoTR is an E+ if there is such a thing. Akin to Shanghai's Pirates.

What Smuggler's Run was NOT meant to do was carry a land on its own.

Indeed, not. SW:GE should be like NOS+. Two attractions, shops, multiple dining experiences, live street entertainment--PLUS A CANTINA!!!

The land--all of the land synergistically--should carry itself. Hopefully they have learned a few things in 50 years since NOS.

Old Mouseketeer

CM previews have been going on for a bit now.

CM Previews began today. Over the past couple of weeks CMs were allowed to ride the Falcon as part of Testing, but that's different than the actual Previews. They couldn't wander around the rest of the land, or go into the shops or eat in the food places. We have had scattered reports of getting to build a light saber, but that's much more limited.

sponono88

Just left the CM preview. My quick thoughts are.. smugglers run is so much fun! Rode two times as a pilot and once as an engineer. Both were fun but I preferred the pilot experience. It’s a bit distracting to keep looking away to find the light up buttons to push when you’re the engineer. You do get blasts of air whenever a button lights up in order to get your attention.

Didn’t get into the Cantina because I ran out of time and lines hovered between 1 to 1.5 hours.

The green milk was good but was small for the 8$ price tag. It wasn’t too sweet and kind of tasted like matcha ?! The marketplace shops are small but cute and full of details (creatures, lights, sounds everywhere). The setup to pay is strange and I can’t imagine how it’ll work once the huge crowds take over. The creature shop reminds me of a wizarding world store, including a caged creature that is akin to the monster book thing in hogsmeade.

And yes the sounds throughout the land add so much to the experience ! It’s like a crisp surround sound of ships flying over the buildings , animal sounds , the clinks and clanks and hissing of steam - it’s all so well done and so richly detailed. I’ll post more later when I get home and in the meantime let me know if you have questions ☺

Last edited:

TP2000

Just left the CM preview. My quick thoughts are.. smugglers run is so much fun! Rode two times as a pilot and once as an engineer. Both were fun but I preferred the pilot experience. It’s a bit distracting to keep looking away to find the light up buttons to push when you’re the engineer. You do get blasts of air whenever a button lights up in order to get your attention.

Didn’t get into the Cantina because I ran out of time and lines hovered between 1 to 1.5 hours.

The green milk was good but was small for the 8$ price tag. It wasn’t too sweet and kind of tasted like matcha ?! The marketplace shops are small but cute and full of details (creatures, lights, sounds everywhere). The setup to pay is strange and I can’t imagine how it’ll work once the huge crowds take over. The creature shop reminds me of a wizarding world store, including a caged creature that is akin to the monster book thing in hogsmeade.

And yes the sounds throughout the land add so much to the experience ! It’s like a crisp surround sound of ships flying through the building , animal sounds , the clinks and clanks and hissing of steam - it’s all so well done and so richly detailed. I’ll post more later when I get home and in the meantime let me know if you have questions ☺

Sounds like fun! Could you see Disneyland from inside Star Wars Land?

sponono88

Sounds like fun! Could you see Disneyland from inside Star Wars Land?

Nope, it feels like you’re so far away from the rest of the park because of how tucked away it is behind the trees and rocks. You can’t see outside at all except for the second floor of the smugglers run queue - the highest peak of bttmr is visible. Then nice thing is it actually blends in with the Batuu environment - it doesn’t break the theme.

RedGinger

... and in the meantime let me know if you have questions ☺

Do you recall in what ways the John Williams Galaxy's Edge theme was used? Is it heard anywhere as area music? I think somebody posted a few weeks ago that it plays at the end of Smuggler's Run. Just interested in any reports of music usage in the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom