2019 Christmas Trip

Skibum1970

I am starting to plan a trip to WDW for the week of Christmas. I get that it will be packed and might use the trip more to refresh myself and my wife. I have a question about what is open. Up here in the almost north, everything is closed on Christmas Day. So, my question is this. What stores/restaurants off property are open on Christmas around WDW? There is a good chance that we would use that day to just resort hop.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
If you really want to spend Christmas Day off property, note that most stores, malls and restaurants are either closed or close around 5/6pm. (We were at WDW on Christmas day last year).

Resort hop is a very good idea, you might want to do the monorail resort loop and check GF gingerbread house for example.

Another idea would be to visit Beach/Yach/Boardwalk Resorts and enjoy the gingerbread displays and festive atmosphere.

There's also Disney Springs, all the stores and restaurants remain open, check store/restaurant hours regardless, they might change a bit on holidays.

Hope your planning is going well! :)

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

Original Poster
If you really want to spend Christmas Day off property, note that most stores, malls and restaurants are either closed or close around 5/6pm. (We were at WDW on Christmas day last year).

Resort hop is a very good idea, you might want to do the monorail resort loop and check GF gingerbread house for example.

Another idea would be to visit Beach/Yach/Boardwalk Resorts and enjoy the gingerbread displays and festive atmosphere.

There's also Disney Springs, all the stores and restaurants remain open, check store/restaurant hours regardless, they might change a bit on holidays.

Hope your planning is going well! :)

Thank you very much.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

We we’re there Christmas Day last year. We never go off property, so I can’t speak to that, but we found the crowds to be tolerable.
We stayed at boardwalk. We had breakfast at Cape May (a group of 8) then had some FP for DHS. We did slinky dog then Tower of Terror. Dinner at Yachtmans, the FP for Star tours.
I don’t think we did any other rides, but enjoyed ourselves. Our original plan had been a pool/resort day, but we have a hard time not going to the parks when they’re so close.

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

Original Poster
We we’re there Christmas Day last year. We never go off property, so I can’t speak to that, but we found the crowds to be tolerable.
We stayed at boardwalk. We had breakfast at Cape May (a group of 8) then had some FP for DHS. We did slinky dog then Tower of Terror. Dinner at Yachtmans, the FP for Star tours.
I don’t think we did any other rides, but enjoyed ourselves. Our original plan had been a pool/resort day, but we have a hard time not going to the parks when they’re so close.

I like this approach and was something I was thinking about. Basically, just setting up FP+ for the days that we are there and then not really focusing on trying to ride a whole lot. It would really be just fun to get away with winter starting to move in (although December is usually not bad at all, even for a wimp like me). Plus, a happy holiday at the most magical place on Earth. Can't be bad.

Upvote 0

SamandplanningUK

We are also going to be there Christmas day but we are flying back in the afternoon. I think if we were spending the whole day I would try and get to Magic Kingdom early, plan some great fast passes for the morning and then boat over to Wilderness Lodge for a Christmas Lunch, their Christmas Tree and decorations are spectacular. We'd then get the boat back and monorail hop the gingerbread house trail. You could also pop over to Disney Springs in the evening and catch a film :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom