Did Coca Cola go "New Coke" again with the Beverly?

RichC

Original Poster
Our most recent trip to WDW started a bit slow with the first full day spent at Disney Springs. My 8-year-old is not generally a big soda pop drinker, but he was fascinated with the big Coca Cola store and wanted very badly to try the International sampler -a tray of 16 Coke products from around the world. We were just killing time while the wife shopped, so it seemed like a fun, if potentially sickening, activity. Anyway, for those who have not tried this, the generous samples are served in pre-poured cups (yes, the carbonated samples were kind of flat) and arranged on two trays with numbers and a guide to the names and countries of origin sealed in an envelope. It didn't occur to me until my kid was about to try the first soda that this was my chance to spring the Beverly trick on someone who has never tried it. I did the whole setup, promising him of the delightful sweet tastes to come and then slipped him the Beverly. He tried it and shrugged...said it was ok. I thought I made a mistake and handed him the wrong cup. So I try it...not very good, but not the battery acid I remember. I double check the chart and sure enough: Beverly it was. Never before in my life was I tempted to return something because it wasn't awful enough! :p Two days later at Epcot I try it at Club Cool and again it was only a mildly bitter, mostly sweet blah of a soda.

Please tell me: do you think the Beverly formula changed or have some, like myself, just blown its bad taste out of proportion in our memories?

IMG_5135.JPG

DisneyCane

I can't imagine that they changed the formula. They stopped selling Beverly in 2009. For the last 9 years, it has only been available as part of the tasting assortments at Coke stores and Club Cool. I don't think they'd invest the time or money to make it taste different. They'd just stop serving it.

Tanna Eros

I can't imagine that they changed the formula. They stopped selling Beverly in 2009. For the last 9 years, it has only been available as part of the tasting assortments at Coke stores and Club Cool. I don't think they'd invest the time or money to make it taste different. They'd just stop serving it.
Does it taste like Moxie?

The Duck

I tried Beverly last December and it wasn’t as bad as I was led to believe. It wasn’t good but it certainly wasn’t the “Bile on Tap” that I expected.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom