Magical Moments?

Spoon full of Sugar

My tweenagers still love Disney....they're just not as "mesmerized" as when they were younger. Any suggestions for putting some extra magic in our vaca for my pre-teen & teen children?

DisneyAndADoleWhip

I enjoyed taking the Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World book with me as a teen. It gave me something extra to do and cemented my love of Disney for the future. Maybe a behind-the-scenes tour, or if you're comfortable with it, let them have a couple hours to go off together and do what they want without parental supervision.
Give them control and some say in the planning of the trip. By the time I was 16, it was my job to plan out FPs and restaurant picks in the parks for my family of 6 . I loved having say in what we did.

Upvote 0

Spoon full of Sugar

Original Poster
I enjoyed taking the Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World book with me as a teen. It gave me something extra to do and cemented my love of Disney for the future. Maybe a behind-the-scenes tour, or if you're comfortable with it, let them have a couple hours to go off together and do what they want without parental supervision.
Give them control and some say in the planning of the trip. By the time I was 16, it was my job to plan out FPs and restaurant picks in the parks for my family of 6 . I loved having say in what we did.
Love letting the kids help plan days idea! We already talk Disney all the time...gonna introduce the idea of giving them the control...I have three children (2 tweens & 1 teen), so may have to navigate assigning days to each. I can already see the excitement in my youngest! SO excited to offer this to them! Thank you so much!

Upvote 0

Spoon full of Sugar

Original Poster
I honestly wouldn't try. They're likely to see it as cheesy and it will turn them off more. Let them have their sourpuss and it'll melt away the second they hit Main Street. They'll forget that they're too cool for Disney.
Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to avoid - cheesy. thinking I can introduce certain things...on the sly (haha). They do absolutely love Disney....so, yes, I already expect magical moments to just "happen". Main Street, ahhh. We've never been to WDW yet with my children on the older side...looking for perspective/suggestions from those who have been there, done that. :)

Upvote 0

Spoon full of Sugar

Original Poster
Love your tag - dole whip addict....um, yeah! :)

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I honestly wouldn't try. They're likely to see it as cheesy and it will turn them off more. Let them have their sourpuss and it'll melt away the second they hit Main Street. They'll forget that they're too cool for Disney.
Agree. The older I got the more the behind the scenes and business operations side of WDW mesmerized me, and still does to this day. What I wouldnt give to be a fly on the wall in whatever they call their logistics department.

Upvote 0

eliza61nyc

lol, my full on 20 something "millennial" still love the mouseworld.

Anyhoo, can you let them take the "lead" on some planning. I opened up some suggestions to my minions and I think it put back a lot of the interest in the world. We did splurge and take a illuminations cruise, it was a huge success.

Upvote 0

Spoon full of Sugar

Original Poster
lol, my full on 20 something "millennial" still love the mouseworld.

Anyhoo, can you let them take the "lead" on some planning. I opened up some suggestions to my minions and I think it put back a lot of the interest in the world. We did splurge and take a illuminations cruise, it was a huge success.
Yes! Love this idea. Have introduced the idea of meal and fp planning to my kids....they are overthetop on board! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom