News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Professortango1

You missed a really good movie. Much better than TLJ. I’ll never understand the whole avoid the movie because I didn’t like TLJ or I wanted to make a statement thing.

Solo was cringe-worthy. Bad muddy cinematography, some really forced fan service moments, and a character which doesn't have an arc nor feel like it leads into the Han Solo we all know and love.

Phroobar

Solo would have been much better if they had an actor that made me believe he was a younger Han Solo.
I really had to stretch my imagination to believe that the guy in Solo became the guy in Episode Four.
I thought he did a fine job. I just look at it as a new person playing James Bond. Everyone brings their own small twist to it. I think we will see something similar in the next Indiana Jones movie.

sedati

In TLJ, The whole Canto Bight scene...basically all of Finn and Rose’s side trip, was terrible and a complete waste of movie time.
Like in A New Hope where the princess was captured and time was of the essence and for whatever reason nobody has a spaceship so they have to go and find a guy with one, but we have to sit through some stormtrooper antics and dozens of shots of some alien randos at a bar where we meet some space pirate who has nothing to do with the greater plot?

Last edited:

TROR

Like in A New Hope where the princess was captured and time was of the essence and for whatever reason nobody has a spaceship so they have to go and find a guy with one, but we have to sit through some stormtrooper antics and dozens of shots of some alien randos at a bar where we meet son space pirate who has nothing to do with the greater plot?
I don't know if you know how movies work. Those events advance the plot, Canto Bight doesn't really add anything.

socalifornian

In TLJ, The whole Canto Bight scene...basically all of Finn and Rose’s side trip, was terrible and a complete waste of movie time.
And how does Poe know about ur mom jokes? I saw a video of friends meeting Chewie one time, they went to give him a high five and he didn’t know what that was. It was then that I realized Disney Parks is more with it than Lucasfilm

Stevek

Like in A New Hope where the princess was captured and time was of the essence and for whatever reason nobody has a spaceship so they have to go and find a guy with one, but we have to sit through some stormtrooper antics and dozens of shots of some alien randos at a bar where we meet son space pirate who has nothing to do with the greater plot?
Yet in A New Hope, it worked.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Other than the fact this will probably be a congested thoroughfare until the end of time... this looks so nice and peaceful. And the rockwork wall looks designed to encourage sitting.

The forest "wall of trees" has finally made a comeback to Disneyland

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

This is what I find silly. Disney pays 4 billion for an existing story, so they can tell a new story. Then they base all their merchandise for the property off their new story. Why not just skip the buyout in the first place? Seems like a waste of 4 billion to me if you have no interest in using the most popular characters in the series.

It would be like Disney buying Marvel and making all of their films based off of new super heroes they created instead of the old ones. When people think of Star Wars they think of Chewie, C3P0, Darth Vader, Luke, Leia, and R2D2. These characters that Disney created have only been around 4 years and were not even in any films by the time when the land started planning. Hondo who is a character made for a children's cartoon (I had to look it up) is the big AA for the ride? I guarantee you no one in the crowd over the age of 10 knows who he is.

Only nerds are into the "Universe of Star Wars". I grew up loving Star Wars and had seen all the tapes multiple times and had a ton of the video games but never did I care about the "extended universe" which is what this area is. A movie's universe is a setting but the characters and their interactions are what make a movie interesting. A setting that is "based off the universe of Star Wars" doesn't hold much appeal to me. I am going for some of the merchandise and the rides.
thank you! these are the points I keep making but people keeping trying to belittle them. I think we may have to kiss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom