News Coronado Springs Expansion - Gran Destino Tower

peter11435

Looking pretty good, hopefully once landscaping is installed it’ll help the the tower look a little more connected to the overall resort. I’m stsying first week of June and hoping the new restaurant is open. I’ve asjed before, does anyone know if the new dining will be Disney or third party?
I would imagine the same third party that operates all other food service at CSR.

DisneyGigi

I booked Toledo for August yesterday when we decided to come back. Plenty of times available. Hopefully I timed it to be able to see the fireworks from up there. Coronado was always a hidden spot for fireworks imo. Surprised they didn’t build this a long time ago.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, May 16, 2019. New architectural detail installed above the windows to the left of the center design. These "eyes" have only been installed in this location, but I suspect they will appear on both sides, front and back of the building.

IMG_1334.JPG

On the lakeside of the tower, these concrete benches will be part of the courtyard overlooking the lake.

IMG_1329.JPG

The front entrance port cochere.

IMG_1333.JPG

The following two photos is the current view if you have a room in Cabana 8C. Of course, I expect this service / utility yard for the tower to be mostly hidden by large trees and bushes when fully landscaped.

IMG_1331.JPG

IMG_1330.JPG

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Photo update as of Thursday, May 16, 2019. New architectural detail installed above the windows to the left of the center design. These "eyes" have only been installed in this location, but I suspect they will appear on both sides, front and back of the building.

View attachment 372982
Ah, yes. Disney's way of reminding you that they're "...watching. Always watching..."

RSoxNo1

So the restaurant was originally called Villa del Lago, now that seems to be the name for the overlook area of Lago Dorado and the restaurant is called Three Bridges Bar & Grill. Is that correct?

cosmicgirl

I believe Passport to the Parks mentioned June 6 as a possible opening date for the restaurant but that's obviously not official.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Villa Del Lago is the location, Three Bridges is the name of the restaurant. That's how I interpreted it at least.

I think Disney thinks the same:

Tasty Tales
Your story unfolds at a lakefront restaurant inspired by dreamers, adventurers and explorers. Like Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Three Bridges Bar & Grill at Villa del Lago evokes a bygone era in which intersecting travelers shared epic tales over food and drink.​

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/coronado-springs-resort/three-bridges/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom