News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Mike S

Men stare at large black pole being erected behind Space Mountain
giphy.gif

Bocabear

Awesome! I can't hardly wait for to ride Tron lightcycle power run in the Magic kingdom for the 50th birthday of Walt Disney World Resort.
double negative... Can't Hardly...
The ride is amazing! The details and art direction is beautiful... but I don’t know how many quests will not “fit” on the cozy, sleek light cycles. There wasn’t one overweight passenger in Shanghai in the ride.
I was just on it a couple weeks ago...

We are not little boys.
Only problem I had was the calf restraints... which is an odd place to be braced... but both my partner and I fit on the ride vehicles... There were some friends that were larger and could not fit on the bike, but the last car on the train had a seat that was accessible for larger guests...they thought it through... I will say a main part of the thrill is being in the position

Frankenstein79

The ride is amazing! The details and art direction is beautiful... but I don’t know how many quests will not “fit” on the cozy, sleek light cycles. There wasn’t one overweight passenger in Shanghai in the ride.

LOL, I've actually seen quite a few.... husky people ride it. So us big boned Americans should be alright.

Club Cooloholic

Looks pretty much like the one in Shanghai. It was the ride I most looked forward to there, that said, I hope it gets a little more theming on the actual ride. The buildup in the line falls just a bit short on actually riding it.

dennis-in-ct

Will the WDW version of Tron have a dual track?? It would increase capacity and allow the trains to actually race.
When WDW built their version of Splash, the increased the capacity so I am hoping for the same for TRON.

doctornick

Will the WDW version of Tron have a dual track?? It would increase capacity and allow the trains to actually race.
When WDW built their version of Splash, the increased the capacity so I am hoping for the same for TRON.

There's no evidence of that happening but I agree that it would make sense and be cool. One could be yellow and the other blue and they could race like Matterhorn does.

doctornick

Goodbye vista.

Silly question but is there any plans/thought to actually theme the outside of the show building? Yes, it will be somewhat hidden inside the park but you have views from the Contemporary and from the circus area - why not extend the elements from the canopy and decorate the show building? I don't think people would complain (much) if they added another futuristic building to the area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom