News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That number comes from how many boats are dispatched in an hour. A boat on IASW can hold 16, which means you'd have 187.5 boat dispatches per hour. To reach that amount of launches, IASW requires a dispatch interval of 19.2 seconds.
Ah, yes. There was a time when they could reasonably expect people to get on and off a boat quickly enough to reach that figure.

Today's people, however, for whatever reason, seem incapable of doing so.

But my point was in comparison to Tron, for which I've seen estimates running from just under 1,000 to just over 1,600 per hour.

T.Will

Ah, yes. There was a time when they could reasonably expect people to get on and off a boat quickly enough to reach that figure.

Today's people, however, for whatever reason, seem incapable of doing so.
I fixed it. Numbers were off. But I see your point.

Buried20KLeague

But to put that in you would have to lose the subs, lose the idea of the people mover ever coming back, and lose their superior version of Autopia... So for that one ride you would kill 2 working rides plus the chance of ever bringing the third attraction back online...

All those things were said to be gone if tron comes.

Buried20KLeague

It actually doesn't fit correctly and we've pretty much been told as much (that there will be changes) in the DL sub-forum. Whether or not anything is significantly noticeable, improved or actually better integrated remains to be seen.

It would be cost prohibitive not to redesign the layout somewhat. Disneyland isn't exactly overflowing with free space.

I’ll bet you a donut if they get tron it’ll be the exact same ride.

Take out the subs and autopia and there’s plenty of room.

Mac Tonight

I wish there was a feature on these "construction" threads that let you bypass posts that don't contain actual construction progress photos.

I'd rather not wade through pages of you guys comparing sizes, etc.

BrianLo

Do you know if they’d take sightlines into account when altering the design to fit DL? That is, views from riders to the buildings on Harbor, and views of riders from outside the park? DL Park sightlines are one tradition they’ve maintained pretty well, and it would be a shame to break that in “Walt’s park”...

I’d sure hope so. The only way a clone of Tron fits would actually result in the side of the show building being the weenie. The layout has to be redone in DL (unlike MK) to not completely destroy Tomorrowland’s visuals.

Mac Tonight

I had a feeling the rumors I was told sounded fishy. They came from a DL AP I'm familiar with who claimed he had a source. Still, it was worth posting them here for clarification.
It's hard to suss out rumors around here. Especially since they come from many varied (and sometimes suspect) sources.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom