What is this?

Fable McCloud

Original Poster
I was showing a student something about EPCOT (We were checking out the status of the France Pavilion). Then we noticed the big construction area between Germany and China. Any idea what's going in here? Is it a new thing?

BlakeW39

They should really get rid of the African Outpost. It has no business being in Epcot anymore. Also a hot dog and chips doesn't really say Africa to me.

There should be some better sub-Saharan African representation. America has the least understanding of this massive region, and since Epcot is supposed to celebrate culture, this is one that would probably represent Epcot's themes best in terms pf inspiration and learning a truly new culture.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
They should really get rid of the African Outpost. It has no business being in Epcot anymore. Also a hot dog and chips doesn't really say Africa to me.
There should be some better sub-Saharan African representation. America has the least understanding of this massive region, and since Epcot is supposed to celebrate culture, this is one that would probably represent Epcot's themes best in terms pf inspiration and learning a truly new culture.
It's not the "African Outpost." It's just "The Outpost." You're projecting.

BlakeW39

It's relevant to the objection that "hot dogs and chips don't belong in Africa."

Also, half of Animal Kingdom is Africa.

Half of MK is USA, I'm assuming we don't need America in Epcot either? Or Asia since that's in DAK too.

DAK doesn't celebrate culture, actually the opposite, it celebrates nature. So, east African culture should be represented in Epcot.

BlakeW39

You are correct. There is absolutely no cultural celebration in DAK :rolleyes::cautious:

Is totally a side note. The theme is nature. Not culture. There is no more cultural celebration in DAK than in the MK. It's a setting. Immersive, but not the overall goal here.

I know people don't much care about African culture, but I think that's why it could stand to go in Epcot. Have a culture that is really new to the American masses.

BlakeW39

I'm not implying that, I'm stating it explicitly.

Okay so your comment was certainly not explicit, I don't know why you're being sarcastic you can't seem to figure out the definition of 'explicit.' Not trying to be rude man, but that's actually very ignorant which is something Epcot should not promote, it shiuld promote celebration of all cultures *especially* (or at least including) those that we are less familiar with. Third world countries still have cultures, you know :/

MickeyMouse10

I'd love to see Egypt added to one of the parks. Either Epcot, Animal or even a new one.

BlakeW39

I'd love to see Egypt added to one of the parks. Either Epcot, Animal or even a new one.

Egypt would honestly be perfect for both. Egyptian culture is at the hallmark of civilzation and would be fantastically represented in Epcot (think the pyramids... that would be cool.) Also, it would be a great way for DAK to introduce more North African/Arabian biotypes. They are a really cool mixture of African and west Asian fauna.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom