If you could sit in one spot...

I am Timmy

We love to find nooks and crannies in AK and hang out for bits of time through out the day. I also love Tomorrowland early in the AM while my boys are on Space Mountain (always first on an MK morn), but I suspect that is nostalgia since I've been doing it for over 20 years. Ahhh, the smell of gasoline as I sit almost alone near the Speedway....

aw14

This is tough!! I don't do a lot of sitting in the parks unless it's to eat meals...

Outside the park, I love love love sitting on my balcony at WL and listening to the waterfall. I drink my morning coffee out there, & have my nightly glass of wine. And, when the kids were little and would nap in the room in the afternoons, I would sit out there listening to the waterfall, the laughter of the kids in the pool, the geyser going off, and the boat horns on Bay Lake. If someone could make a "sounds of happiness" track, this would be it. ;-)

View attachment 372323
I hope you don't mind me asking, we are staying at WL for the first time in July/August. Is this a club level room view?

zurgandfriend

There are some benches under some trees right in front of the Germany pavilion at Epcot. It's shaded. I get to people watch the drunks in line at Germany. And I can occasionally grab a beer and some caramel at the caramel shop. A perfect day!

I know the stop very well and have done exactly what said many times.

Captain Barbossa

Hmm, if I could sit at one spot in WDW where would it be? 🤔 That’s a tough one. Actually it’s not.

EF85A807-99C7-4A79-ACBF-C0D1123AC453.jpeg

Fable McCloud

1) The garden area outside the Yakatori House in Japan.
2) Grand Flo Lobby.
3) Africa courtyard later in the day. Kids watch the street shows, we grab a beverage and chill.

I forgot all about the Katsura Grill garden area!! I LOVE sitting under the trees and watching the waterfall, being on the small bridge above everything. Japan's Pavilion in general is really nice to just chill out in. It's a hidden gem for sure.

Minnesota disney fan

Great topic for a thread, Draybook!
Our favorite place to sit and people watch in the MK is in the 2 rocking chairs between where the Muppets put on their show and the next building. It's kind of sitting back on a little porch and off the beaten path.
In Epcot we like the quiet area behind England. Epcot has a lot of nice hidden places:)

Disney Dad 3000

We tend to sit at the very last table in the dining area for Flame Tree, overlooking the lagoon where the Rivers of Light is performed.
By far my go to spot. Love sitting down there as its usually empty and looking over the water at everest plus getting a few winged visitor.

My other is at epcot. Around the side of Yorkshire County is a path that leads to 2-3 tables that are a great secluded spot to munch and look out over WS.

Greg in TN

Watching the sunrise, sitting on the patio, by the fountain, outside Old Port Royale, at the Caribbean Beach Resort, listening to the steel drum music in the background. That's my "go to" every time we're there. :D Used to be able to see the tip of Mickey's Sapceship Earth wand over the trees, but not anymore. Whether you liked the wand itself or not, it was a pretty neat visual from CBR as the sun came up.

The Mighty Tim

First off, this might be the best thread I have ever read on this board! Thanks to OP for starting it and to everyone else for sharing their special places. I’ve literally been smiling ear to ear as I’ve read this.

As for me, does the People Mover count? Nothing is more enjoyable to me than sitting there, feeling the breeze in my face, and watching many of the areas of the Magic Kingdom wiz by. Truly is one of my most happy places!

If the People Mover doesn’t count, then I would go with just about anywhere in World Showcase. Each country, IMO, is so beautifully done, and I just love to find a bench or somewhere to sit down with a snack and just take it all in!

Another vote here for the People Mover. I do have a soft spot for that ride.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I hope you don't mind me asking, we are staying at WL for the first time in July/August. Is this a club level room view?
It is not. It's a pool view room.
Actually that room (and its view)is now part of Copper Creek DVC. All the regular rooms (including club level) are in the north wing of the Lodge (on the other side of the pool in @KCheatle ’s picture.)

@aw14 WL club rooms are on the 7th floor and are dormer rooms without an open balcony. Standard club rooms overlook parking or service area but you can see MK through the trees. Rooms on the opposite side of the hall overlook the pool.

Views from room 7056
034E0436-864D-403C-B240-942DC9BB32F4.jpeg

2531F7B4-D9C6-4DDA-8DD5-0582657610D0.jpeg

DBB1FED6-89D9-4FF0-AB5F-FD3E5408DFCD.jpeg

MaximumEd

Innoventions West hallway right behind Club Cool. The A/C and strange persistent smell are just bonuses. There's also lots of cool spots around World Showcase that have benches and are shaded. At the other 3 parks, we are usually more on the go from place to place. Epcot is my "take it all in" park. On our last trip, since it would be the last time I would see ROE, my daughter and I parked it at a picnic table right up next to the lagoon railing near Germany a good 2 hours before the show started. Got to spend time with her while taking in all the preshow loop. My wife had gone back to the room to crash, so the two of us watched the show then walked out singing "Promise" at a pretty good volume like two lunatics. Good times.

Kingoglow

First of all, great thread.
Second, JusticeDisney already won the prize.

As for me, does the People Mover count? Nothing is more enjoyable to me than sitting there, feeling the breeze in my face, and watching many of the areas of the Magic Kingdom wiz by. Truly is one of my most happy places!

The PeopleMover is the best correct answer. It is the absolute best chill spot on property and my personal favorite.

If we are not counting rides though, there are lines of benches outside of Gasparilla Island Grill on the Grand Floridian property, under the trees right next to the marina. Give me a hot coffee on a sunny morning and I am at peace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom