News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

wdizneew

I agree 1000% The ride building and queue are beautifully designed but it seems like way too much of the overall track is spent going from the break run back to the loading area, and going from the Loading area to the launch area... The launch is great, the outdoor section is interesting but the ride feels like it really gets to the point when you hit the indoor section... Which is very short with WAY too many trim break stops. I would prefer they skip the outside section completely to get to the real point of the ride... the game...
But we know this will be a direct lift, so it will be identical.
Expect another 7 Dwarfs Mine Ride type coaster that is over way too quickly.
Except it’s actually a blast compared to SDMT.

It's short but thrilling. The amount of Gs exerted on your body in the motorcycle position adds an additional element of thrill compared to say RnR. Launching head first is a pretty exhilarating feeling! Even when I had already seen the video and criticized its shortness, the ride experience itself felt way longer in person.

Buried20KLeague

It's short but thrilling. The amount of Gs exerted on your body in the motorcycle position adds an additional element of thrill compared to say RnR. Launching head first is a pretty exhilarating feeling! Even when I had already seen the video and criticized its shortness, the ride experience itself felt way longer in person.

We disagree. Greatly. I didn’t at all think it felt like a longer ride than it actually was.

I would also add that the launch and sweeping run under the canopy was awesome, and the indoor section of the ride was far less fun. Almost like two separate rides. IMO.

Buried20KLeague

I am not sure why they would not just put it in DCA where it could have it's own sort of Miniland... Remove the Monsters Inc ride and build it there rather than shoehorn it into the smaller scale Disneyland Tomorrowland. The canopy structure and show building are really huge.

I don’t disagree. Though there’s a ton of land in the sub lagoon and show building and autopia all added together.

azox

It will be interesting to compare and contrast it to the potter bike coaster coming this year once it opens. To me the Tron coaster looks amazing as does the new Potter coaster. It will be interesting to see what people end up saying when both are open.

BrianLo

I don’t see why not. And would expect nothing else.

It actually doesn't fit correctly and we've pretty much been told as much (that there will be changes) in the DL sub-forum. Whether or not anything is significantly noticeable, improved or actually better integrated remains to be seen.

It would be cost prohibitive not to redesign the layout somewhat. Disneyland isn't exactly overflowing with free space.

Lensman

I don’t disagree. Though there’s a ton of land in the sub lagoon and show building and autopia all added together.
Wait, would this mean that the entire Autopia would go away? What about the monorail track that goes through there? I guess I'll go over to the Disneyland forum and take a look at what folks there have said.

Marc Davis Fan

If it comes to Disneyland it will not a be a 1:1 clone.

Do you know if they’d take sightlines into account when altering the design to fit DL? That is, views from riders to the buildings on Harbor, and views of riders from outside the park? DL Park sightlines are one tradition they’ve maintained pretty well, and it would be a shame to break that in “Walt’s park”...

Bocabear

I don’t disagree. Though there’s a ton of land in the sub lagoon and show building and Autopia all added together.
But to put that in you would have to lose the subs, lose the idea of the people mover ever coming back, and lose their superior version of Autopia... So for that one ride you would kill 2 working rides plus the chance of ever bringing the third attraction back online...

tirian

As with every FP debate, one needs to consider the dramatic increase in attendance in the parks and parks hitting their 'tipping point' in which they have more guests than all the rides together can accommodate. In that case, whether there is no FP, paper FP, or FP+, there will be huge lines. That's what happens when you go past capacity regardless of how you try to move people around.
Exactly. It’s a combination of factors. Too many FP, FP on high-capacity attractions, decreased staffing, and too few attractions have created the problems people are now experiencing. Remember how in the old days of paper FP, Disney turned off the machines if attendance didn’t require it? Now FP+ is always on, and frequently paired with low staffing to create long queues. Guests have to be somewhere if there aren’t enough attractions, right?

On my recent trip, Epcot used only the middle eight entrance gates at rope drop on a F&G Sunday morning. That’s sixteen touch points at opening. The queue to enter the park stretched to the opposite side of the monorail station. Guest Relations was full of angry customers*, and I emailed a complaint that was never answered.

But as for Tron, the company DID recognize the need for increased capacity, and current projects should help absorb existing crowds. The question is, what happens as attendance continues to rise?

*at that point, why call them “Guests”? You’re not treating them as valued guests.

tirian

Finally, for those who’ve been questioning Tron’s placement:

If you walk around that area, there’s much more visual space than Google Maps suggests. The Tron entrance should look great from inside TL, and the show building should be well hidden behind the curvy, wide façade.

lazyboy97o

Finally, for those who’ve been questioning Tron’s placement:

If you walk around that area, there’s much more visual space than Google Maps suggests. The Tron entrance should look great from inside TL, and the show building should be well hidden behind the curvy, wide façade.
The building is not even hidden by the canopy when viewed directly.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Looks shorter than SDMT and RnRC. :-/

When comparing the time from the moment the train starts moving on the initial launch until the time the train begins decelerating on the final brake run, Tron is exactly 7 seconds shorter than RnRC. How critical those extra 7 seconds are to you is up to personal opinion.

jaxonp

It’s sorta an uncomfortable ride position so I’ve always been ready to get off lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom