If you could sit in one spot...

pvtim

For me, the perfect spot is the Tiki Terrace at the Polynesian late in the afternoon. There are nice seats, views of the torch lighting ceremony, access to drinks & Dole Whips - If I stay there long enough I will sometimes grab the Thai coconut meatballs from Capt. Cook's.

KCheatle

This is tough!! I don't do a lot of sitting in the parks unless it's to eat meals...

Outside the park, I love love love sitting on my balcony at WL and listening to the waterfall. I drink my morning coffee out there, & have my nightly glass of wine. And, when the kids were little and would nap in the room in the afternoons, I would sit out there listening to the waterfall, the laughter of the kids in the pool, the geyser going off, and the boat horns on Bay Lake. If someone could make a "sounds of happiness" track, this would be it. ;-)

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
This is a great thread.

I found a new place the last time we went. We stayed in the last rooms at the end of the Garden Wing at Contemporary. Just outside the patios is the ledge I circled below. From there, you can watch the fireworks over MK by looking to the left, followed by the Electrical Water Pageant by looking to the right.

Sitting out there with your mom, dad, wife, daughter and a glass of wine is an excellent way to end a day!

Photo credit: Travel with the Magic via google images.

mf1972

my top 3 would be sitting at a table in front of the rose & crown pub of i can get 1. the tomorrow land terrace where i can sit, enjoy the view, & hear the tomorrowland music loop. 3rd would be the overhead section of colombia harbor house. u can people watch either fantasy land or liberty square.

Skibum1970

This is tough!! I don't do a lot of sitting in the parks unless it's to eat meals...

Outside the park, I love love love sitting on my balcony at WL and listening to the waterfall. I drink my morning coffee out there, & have my nightly glass of wine. And, when the kids were little and would nap in the room in the afternoons, I would sit out there listening to the waterfall, the laughter of the kids in the pool, the geyser going off, and the boat horns on Bay Lake. If someone could make a "sounds of happiness" track, this would be it. ;-)

This. Only change for us is that we sit down by the waterside in the chairs by the new outdoor restaurant. The sounds of the lake and the sound of the boats are truly a "happiness" track or "most relaxing track". I also do this over at the Contemporary, out by the marina. Sunshine and by the water is as good as it gets. Sitting on a bench by the Sassagoula River is a close second (Contemporary and WL tie for first since it is the same view, in essence).

DisAl

There are two places I would love to get access to and spend a little time just looking:
1 - Up in the castle spire where Tinkerbell starts her flight every night.
2 - The very top of Spaceship Earth. (On a cool spring day for that though.....)

JustAFan

Tough one! If I'm sitting, I probably need rest and food/water. La Hacienda during the firework show at Epcot is great. I would love to visit Walt's apartment overlooking town square in Disneyland. I bet that's a fun place to watch people.

JusticeDisney

First off, this might be the best thread I have ever read on this board! Thanks to OP for starting it and to everyone else for sharing their special places. I’ve literally been smiling ear to ear as I’ve read this.

As for me, does the People Mover count? Nothing is more enjoyable to me than sitting there, feeling the breeze in my face, and watching many of the areas of the Magic Kingdom wiz by. Truly is one of my most happy places!

If the People Mover doesn’t count, then I would go with just about anywhere in World Showcase. Each country, IMO, is so beautifully done, and I just love to find a bench or somewhere to sit down with a snack and just take it all in!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom