Does anyone remember the evening parade?

ml123_9

Original Poster
I haven't seen or heard any mention of a new nighttime parade coming to MK. It's been a few years since MK has had a parade. Any news or rumors of a parade returning to MK?

Walt Disney1955

It was awesome. I loved Spectromagic. They had it for so long. The song was classic Disney, it fit so well with the parade. In a way it was bittersweet because it was the end of the night and you knew you had to leave Magic Kingdom pretty soon. But if there was any parade that was Disney from top to bottom it was this one. Why on earth did they take it away? I am guessing that money was the issue, but why have it so long then?

Heppenheimer

Does anyone remember the evening parade?

I don't think it's possible to forget them, especially if you saw them as a kid. I have to surpress tears of joy when I hear Baroque Hoedown.

Can't remember where I read it, but I heard the reason they got rid of them was that the increased night time crowds made the logistics too difficult. I have no idea how credible that information is.

pax_65

for what it’s worth, i miss the epcot parade too. it would be nice if MK brought back a nighttime parade though.

Me too! I mean, they had some very good reasons to get rid of it but it was really cool.

All the evening parades were really special for my kids when they were little. It was just so magical. I think that's why I get so nostalgic thinking about them.

Seeing the evening parade and fireworks at MK was a MUST DO on every trip. At least once... then on other nights you could use the crowd draw to do many attractions with little wait if desired.

NickMaio

My best emotional memories are night parade memories - - -something about the darkness, the lights, the music. Emotionally charged - - We were quite bummed when we could not take our Little One to his first night parade.
I would go as far to say that the night parade was more Disney than the fireworks. We could go and see fireworks almost anywhere - - - but no one had a night parade like WDW.
Much more interactive watching a night parade - waving and making eye contact with all the characters.
Don't get me wrong - the fireworks are amazing - - - but the Parade really hit me - - every time.

thomas998

It was awesome. I loved Spectromagic. They had it for so long. The song was classic Disney, it fit so well with the parade. In a way it was bittersweet because it was the end of the night and you knew you had to leave Magic Kingdom pretty soon. But if there was any parade that was Disney from top to bottom it was this one. Why on earth did they take it away? I am guessing that money was the issue, but why have it so long then?
I think they originally intended to bring it back after the MSEP that visited from DL finished its run, but when the hurricane destroyed the Spectromagic floats they simply decided it wasn't worth the money to fix... probably initially thought they would bring the godawful paint the night to WDW, though fortunately that hasn't happened as it is a horrible parade.

Club Cooloholic

There is something magical, especially when you are a kid, about walking around the Magic Kingdom at night. Spectromagic captured that just utter "neatness" vibe for kids. The music, the lights, the characters it was perfect for a child.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom