Trip Report **COMPLETED** A (Love) Bug's Life

Hi everyone!
Happy Mother's Day!!!
We just got back from Disney yesterday and it is cold and raining here so seems like a good time to start our TR!

Who?
My Mom (Mary), my Dad (Jeff) and myself (Megan)
This photo is from our trip last year
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411283267906.jpg

Where?
Grand Floridian - aside from a very brief stay at the Poly during a race weekend my Dad has never stayed at a Deluxe. So, with a nice AP discount we let him pick any place he wanted and he decided on the Grand :)

When?
May 3 - 11, 2019

Why?
No big reason - we usually go around this time every year to help with the depression of the never ending winter here at home (and its still cold BTW...)

The title?
We have seen love bugs before but we have NEVER seen this many. I know they don't bite or anything but they were everywhere and at times the amount of them was just disgusting. We could not even sit on our balcony and if we were by the pool the only place they did not bother us was in the water. Ew :grumpy::hungover: This is the very reason I do not live in Florida...bugs.

Day 1 May 3, 2019
Our flight was pretty early so I got up at like 2:20 am 😴
My parents picked me up just before 3 and we were on our way! I ALWAYS email Southwest to ask what time their counters open and this time I forgot. So, we got there at 3:20 and it was not open...whoops 🤪
zp7Bq5CnSoS2DHy3yZzfAA.jpg

Everyone was lined up in the full service line but we waited by the self tag kiosks and we ended up being the first ones done with our luggage. Since it was so early the TSA pre-check line was not open yet so we had to go through regular security which is only annoying when you have have a computer and an iPad to drag out :hilarious:
DSC_0412.JPG

DSC_0413.JPG

Be prepared for my Dad not cooperating for photos :p
DSC_0414.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG

GuLhiYrjSMmcp8ZZKuwgkA.jpg

Around 4 am the food places open so we grabbed a bagel
fullsizeoutput_2fd4.jpeg

I spy our plane
DSC_0422.JPG

The time flew by at the airport and very quickly we were boarding the plane! Our flight was on time for once!
Gang is all here..
DSC_0423.JPG

Next up: more travel

LeighM

They were so gross! I should be better about posting my dates for this reason :banghead:

And since I'm only on Facebook and not Instagram, I probably miss info if it is given lol. We're considering trying for a long weekend later in the year for the holiday season but I'm not sure if it will come together with us getting ready to put our house on the market and move closer to town and the hubby's job. But I'm hoping it all comes together - and we can find a pet sitter again since the one I used this year is getting married this summer and her fiance is in the Navy so she's probably moving to FL.

Also, R says he loves the title of the trip report. He's a little jealous he didn't think of it LOL.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
And since I'm only on Facebook and not Instagram, I probably miss info if it is given lol. We're considering trying for a long weekend later in the year for the holiday season but I'm not sure if it will come together with us getting ready to put our house on the market and move closer to town and the hubby's job. But I'm hoping it all comes together - and we can find a pet sitter again since the one I used this year is getting married this summer and her fiance is in the Navy so she's probably moving to FL.

Also, R says he loves the title of the trip report. He's a little jealous he didn't think of it LOL.

😁 My Mom actually came up with it (well I added in the love part of it) so I can't take any credit! We are going in November for the Wine and Dine run and then the beginning of December for my sisters birthday. I hope you get to make it down again.

We had one rainy day, but we missed the monsoon left Epcot just in time- been pretty at the beach too, just stray thunderstorms.

Oh that's not too bad then!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
We were the third stop on the Magical Express. When we got off of the Magical Express we were greeted by a cast member to check us in since we were saying at Sugar Loaf which is one of the club levels. Believe it or not when I was booking this trip I found this club level room that was cheaper than regular rooms so why not. It definitely made my Dad a bit spoiled, though, as it was his first true Deluxe stay and his first club level. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: We had to keep reminding him this is not how it usually is 🤣
Anyway we got all checked in at the Sugar Loaf desk.
I took this picture to keep note of the food times :)
IMG_2808.JPG

We were still there during breakfast time so we got some food. My Dad actually ate while we were checking in so I don't know what he had but we were there on waffle day (they do not have them everyday) so that is what my Mom had!
IMG_2811.JPG

She was excited because they had the same real whipped cream and strawberries that 1900 Park Fare has.
I just got some random things - fruit, croissant, cheese, deviled egg. I never had a deviled egg before weirdly but it was really good!
IMG_2809.JPG

After eating we headed to the main lobby to get dressed into warm weather clothes and headed to the monorail towards MK!
IMG_2812.JPG

DSC_0437.JPG

Our first stop was Guest Relations to change my Dad's ticket to an Annual Pass. He is coming back in December with us because my whole family is going to Disney for my sister's birthday.
DSC_0438.JPG

DSC_0439.JPG

Then we headed in and stopped for a PP picture. I really have no idea why the PP CM did not think to say that my Dad was hiding 🧐 Also I was super annoyed at how wrinkly my jumper was - I wish I had my wrinkle release spray with me :banghead:
IMG_2907.JPG

I was on a mission after this and it was for a Hei Hei cone.
I really am not sure why I was obsessing over getting this cone for weeks and weeks since the one and only time I had a Dole Whip I did not like it (although the raspberry intrigued me). Well to be fair I gave up sweets for Lent and I follow a fairly strict diet at home so all I dreamed about was food at Disney :hilarious: Funny story - the week before this trip I was doing something called the 3 Day Fix which is a Beachbody diet (the program I use for exercise and eating) that is meant to help you lose water weight (essentially you just eat no salt/sugar at all). I was doing it because I am a Beachbody coach so felt like I should try everything offered so I could help out my team members. Anyway, long story short it was horrible and I felt like my whole body was in shock so I was especially excited for sugar :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Anywho, I went to the wrong stand first (it is at Aloha Isle not Sunshine Tree Terrace) but we finally found it!
IMG_2814.JPG

My Mom got one too!
IMG_2815.JPG

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
IMG_2820.JPG

All 3 of us thought it was really good - a bit sweet but the raspberry part was especially great! I think I may be over my hatred for Dole Whips!
However, it melted suppppperrr fast ----
IMG_2822.JPG

:hilarious::hilarious: Up here in Buffalo you have plenty of time to eat ice cream before it melts 😁
We then took photos with an actual Hei Hei and pretended like it was ice cream 🤪
IMG_2824.JPG

IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_2826.JPG

We are weird...
We still had some time before our first FP so we headed back over towards Tomorrowland
Tried to get into Club 33...
IMG_2827.JPG

Then we took some purple wall photos...
IMG_2828.JPG

IMG_2830.JPG

My Dad was fooling around but I feel like this picture ended up turning out super cute :happy:
IMG_2832.JPG

Next up: Tomorrowland

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
Our plan was to head to the Peoplemover but when we walked by Buzz we noticed that while the wait was listed at 35 minutes there was no way that was the case since the line was only inside.
IMG_2838.JPG

IMG_2839.JPG

We ended up waiting less than 15 minutes - hooray!
I mean....I know I got up early but why does it look like I was sleeping ?! :hilarious::hilarious: Also I see why my jaw hurts so often 🧐🤣
422181782.jpeg

422182318.jpeg

Then we actually did go on the Peoplemover
DSC_0446.JPG

DSC_0448.JPG

We got stopped around the Tron construction. On our first ride through it did not look like they did much but the more we looked on subsequent rides the more you could see that a lot of the foundation is there.
DSC_0455.JPG

DSC_0457.JPG

On our way out of Tomorrowland we stopped for a PP picture.
IMG_2905.JPG

IMG_2906.JPG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
DSC_0472.JPG

DSC_0473.JPG

It was finally time for our first FP so we headed to the HM!
DSC_0475.JPG

DSC_0476.JPG

IMG_2843.JPG

DSC_0481.JPG

My photo did not show up..
422232328.jpeg

After HM we sat down for a few minutes. I ended up changing our dinner plans to 3:30 at this point because we were fading a bit fast since we got up so early :)
I like this little skull :)
DSC_0487.JPG

IMG_2848.JPG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
We'll be arriving that weekend!

Oh yay!! I am not sure of our dates yet but I will have to let you know

Following along! l am looking forward to reading about your trip. I love early morning flights to Disney World!

They are so nice because you get there so early but it does make the first day a bit hard when you are sleepy 😁

ELeigh

I’m following along-We just got back as well and the love bugs were something else but I will take it over the nonstop rain we had on our trip last May.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I’m following along-We just got back as well and the love bugs were something else but I will take it over the nonstop rain we had on our trip last May.

I agree at least it wasn't raining!

Your pictures on Pirates turned out really good. For some reason mine are always lousy on that ride.

Thanks those were from my one lens on my camera that does decently well in the dark :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom