PotC mist screen removed/turned off for good

celluloid

Can anyone confirm it is just the loud Paul Frees Audio back uninterrupted and not the same audio without the screen as in it is just broken and left as is?

ItlngrlBella

Fog screens look great when they work but unfortunatly without allot of maintenance they don't work long.

And they are pricey - I saw them years ago at a haunted attraction trade show - they were rubbing 100k for a small one about 10-15 years ago. PoC had to be twice the size... but that is a drop in the bucket for WDW. I loved that effect - sad to see it go.

Tick Tock

When will the transition from pirates of the Caribbean to pirates of penzance be complete?
"Dead men tell no tales. And...

I am the very model of a modern cursed General
I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral
I know the scalawags of Tortuga, and I quote the fights historical
From Port Royal to Isla de Muerta, in order categorical."

Not sure if it would be as catchy as the ride lyrics we currently have now, but could still work.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
That was a Universal picture. Disney will have to remake it.

Or....

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

The mist is for sure off and also I noticed this wee that the two ghosts "dueling" in the ballroom on Haunted Mansion wasn't working and some Splash Mountain effects were missing as well. Anyone else notice this?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Really? I mean they have the bayou scene and extended caverns but after that they are exactly the same. Oh I forgot the shoot out and the long chug up the waterfall at the end. Which in my opinion breaks the illusion. I've been on both versions and honestly MK evokes a better atmosphere than DL with the Caribbean fort queue and dungeon. I still can't for the life of me understand how we go from a Louisiana bayou to a Caribbean town at DL. At least at the MK you start off in the Caribbean. IJS
wrong. going up the waterfall is awesome. plus we have 2 drops in Disneyland

N2dru

wrong. going up the waterfall is awesome. plus we have 2 drops in Disneyland
Um well everyone is entitled to their opinion. Can you at least answer how you go from a Louisiana bayou to a Caribbean town at DL? I guess it takes your 2 drops to get there. At least in Florida you start off in a Caribbean fort. IJS😄

Sharon&Susan

Um well everyone is entitled to their opinion. Can you at least answer how you go from a Louisiana bayou to a Caribbean town at DL? I guess it takes your 2 drops to get there. At least in Florida you start off in a Caribbean fort. IJS😄
And in Florida you start in the fort that the pirates are attacking and after you board the boats, you go into the future after the pirates have stolen the gold from the town and killed each other over it. And once you leave the caves, you’re back in the past, when the pirates invaded the town.

Only the DLP version (not counting the Shanghai Pirates) really makes any sense from a story perspective.

Last edited:

N2dru

And in Florida you start in the fort that the pirates are attacking and after you board the boats, you go into the future after the pirates have stolen the gold from the town and killed each other over it. And once you leave the caves, you’re back in the past, when the pirates invaded the town.

Only the DLP version (not counting the Shanghai Pirates as it’s own separate thing) really makes any sense from a story perspective.
True however the location doesn't change in Florida or Paris as it does in California and Tokyo.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Well there are many ways to answer your smart alec question. My snappy response is, why don't you ask Walt Disney himself since he was very involved with the design of the ride before he died? You are questioning his judgement at this point. But there are many ways to look at it. For me, personally I don't consider the Blue Bayou to be part of the ride. To me I view the bayou scene just restuarant theming as your boat passes by to get you to the show building. New Orleans Square has its main bayou themed restuarant and they designed it so it shares the same space as the entrance to Pirates so dinners can see boats go by. Disneyland is small on space and they had to be creative. Hence the 2 waterfalls(drops) to take you past the berm and under thr Disneyland Railroad into the show building and the wonderfull waterfall at the end you take to exit the show building. To me the ride starts when you get to the Jolly Roger(talking skeleton cross bones). One way to look at it is the bayou is home to pirate Jean Lefeatte and we are seeing how he spent the final days in his bayou home then we go back in time to the pirate days. Either way the design and execution is sooo flawless and seamless it all flows together beautifull while keeping in tune with the theme of the land. Unlike florida where you start at a fort then go in the future where the pirates are dead then go back in time to when they are alive. Disneyland's Pirates was perfectly designed by Walt and his original team and you still feel his presence in it today even with all the movie tie in's and pc changes. Florida's ride was a after thought and badly designed and executed.

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Yup. Florida's mansion is vastly inferior to Disneyland. Another notch against florida is the stupid on ride photo. Disneyland's Mansion is superior to Florida's in every way even keeping with Walt's decree to keep the mansion prestine on the outside and haunted on the inside. Florida's mansion with its overgrown front yard and vines all over the facade fails this too. Plus having the hat box ghost is a cherry on top.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom