What is the worst ride in Hollywood Studios? (Quality-wise)

What is the worst ride in Hollywood Studios? (quality)

• Alien Swirling Saucers

Votes: 136 68.7%
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • Slinky Dog Dash

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Star Tours - The Adventures Continue

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • Toy Story Mania

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Votes: 8 4.0%

• Total voters

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I find it fascinating that, 27 votes in as of this post, there is not a single vote for SDD. Based on a couple of threads here, it is the most disappointing ride in all of WDW.

Maybe TSL isn't the worst thing TDO ever did?

Paper straw fan

It’s disappointing maybe in the way (don’t worry, no spoilers) people I know/chat with expected Avengers Endgame to be the greatest movie ever, and when it was merely ‘good to very good’ they called it a disappointment.

If Hagrid’s motorbike adventure at US-F isn’t fantastic, I’ll probably be a bit disappointed. Doesn’t mean it sucks, just that it possibly falls below some’s expectations.

Heck, in the video game world, if a game with a lot of hype/ a sequel to a beloved franchise falls below expectations, people will spam review sites with 1/10 ratings (and usually harass any women who worked on the game on Twitter- great bunch!)

If anything, it means people on here are being reasonable.

QuasiNoFroyo

Can't wait till you create a poll like this for either Epcot or Animal Kingdom, seeing how both parks have the same amount of rides as each other!

Chef Mickey

But you haven't been on it. So how can you, again, in your words, "definitely" say that it is the worst ride in the park? You're repeating what others have said and espousing it as your own opinion. If you've never been on a ride, I think it is presumptuous to offer a "definite" opinion about such a ride.
Feels like a technicality. Alien Swirling Saucers is a ride you can look at and know it's pretty poor for Disney standards.

I've been on it and it rode like it looked...crap and inexcusable as 1 of the 2 new attractions in TSL.

Let's not get on a high horse on opinion and data needed to form an opinion. There are 2 votes for Tower of Terror in this thread. I mean, what more can you say?

winstongator

Star Tours since it's literally just a screen in a box that moves back and forth slightly. Though my actual least favourite ride at Hollywood Studios is Muppetvision 3D. It's old, looks dated and it's not funny. I find the Muppets in general only seem to appeal to Americans and nobody else really so as an international visitor it's really not for me. Though Frank Oz was born in my city so there's that.
I remember riding the Back to the Future version of that screen in a box back in 1990(ish). A roller coaster in a room! Wow! was another 7 years before I rode Star Tours. I need to find a ride video of the BTTF ride.

Checked the ride wikipedia entry and it opened May 1991. I remember being 14 when I rode it, so was either 1990 or 1991. Likely was the summer of 1991 which would have been soon after it opened. I wish I took more pictures or had better memories of the two trips we took to Universal.

Last edited:

awoogala

TSM - I don't get it. It's fine, but it's a carnival game. I've never enjoyed it.

Side rant - a lot of folks here like to complain about rides they don't like and call for their removal/replacement. To me, that is shortsighted and is wishing for something that is not in your best interest. I LOVE the popularity of TSM - it means there are a whole lot of people in line for it instead of anything I actually want to ride. Think about that the next time you want something you dislike torn down.

Plus, I'm a firm believer in the "don't yuck someone else's yum."
I liked it the first time- but we got the wii game.. and it's exactly the same thing without the wait...lol it would be nice if they varied it, switched up the screens, made it so that you didn't know which shooting range you'd get.. I'll go on it either way, but not if there is a wait. fp or emm, only

Last edited:

awoogala

Never been on it (yet) but definitely Alien Swirling Saucers.
believe it or not, I LOVE that ride. I went on it thinking it would be lame. My neck cannot take much anymore, and I can't do real "spinning" rides (teacups- barf). is just fun. It has a tiny spinner bit.. but it's also like the old whip rides. yet it's sooo smooth, it doesn't hurt my neck. I also think it's an amazing ride for very little ones, which is important for H.S. To each their own, of course. I just remember the coasters that kill my neck are no longer for me, and spinning rides never have been. Now, I can argue it should absolutely be a bit longer, and they could have made the claw go up and down for extra oomph, but it's a fun little ride!

JohnD

MK:
Best ride = Splash Mountain
Worst ride = Tomorrowland Speedway

Epcot:
Best ride = Test Track
Worst ride = Journey Into Imagination with Figment

HS:
Best ride = Tower of Terror
Worst ride = Alien Swirling Saucers

AK:
Best ride = Expedition Everest
Worst ride = Primeval Whirl

Can’t disagree with any of these. I will still ride Aliens from time to time just to see what music I get.

FettFan

But, unlike you, I have read all 6 rides in the park, and can thus opine on their relative quality based on empirical evidence.

GUEST_605f7537-08de-414c-a7d0-83d1f80f3365

*I have ridden

But more to the point: What does "empirical evidence" have to do with forming an opinion about the quality of a ride?

Think about it this way:
"What is your least favorite color?"
"Orange"
"WRONG. I HAVE SEEN ALL THE COLORS AND CAN THUS OPINE ON THEIR RELATIVE QUALITY BASED ON EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE!!!!!"

You see how bat-guano insane that is?

Last edited:

awoogala

The 6 votes for ToT are from those too scared to go on it.
other than the tortuously long pre-show (which is a bit I can argue on a lot of rides, that the single rider/fp line should go past the pre-show, 'cause NO ONE NEEDS TO SEE AEROSMITH BAD ACT THEIR Way THROUGH limo ordering, EVER). TOT is perfect. well styled, fun, exciting, and not neck wrenching. lol

awoogala

I find it fascinating that, 27 votes in as of this post, there is not a single vote for SDD. Based on a couple of threads here, it is the most disappointing ride in all of WDW.

Maybe TSL isn't the worst thing TDO ever did?
I think sdd is awesome! 1. first coaster I don't have neck pain from.
2. wonderful theming
3. my teen, who won't do "coasters", ever, loves it.. rode it 4 times at emm.
how could anyone think it was the worst? it's awesome?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom