Trip Report Holy Smokes! Let's see how it goes?! *COMPLETED*

Hi Everyone! 🙋‍♀️

Welcome to my modest atempt in writing my very first Trip Report!

It all started when posting on a thread about the new smoking ban inside the parks, and someone (Hi @Lensman !) suggested that I could write about my experience during my next visit to WDW.

This Trip Report will NOT be just about smoking! Although I will be honest about my personal perspective about it during my visit.
(In no way am I endorsing or suggesting that it is advisable to smoke).

As I said before in this forum, I hope that in writing about our trip, not only will I share my little adventure with you, but also hopefuly, be distracted from smoking! 😁

So, if you would like to join me, thank you! I hope you find it at least a bit entertaining

Minnie1986

Oh that is such a pet peeve of mine - I’m never sure if people who linger in a crowded place taking up table space from those waiting to eat are just incredibly clueless or extremely rude! Recently at work following a meeting we all decided to eat together (meetings can get rather tense and the group meal is a good way to show « no hard feelings » towards each other). There must have been some conference going on in our building because the cafeteria was packed. Two guys are sitting a large round table for 8-10 people and they are clearly finished - my boss and I arrive first and ask if we can sit down and one of them shrugs an OK. A minute or two later another person in our group arrives , then another ... it wasn’t until about 5 or 6 of us were sitting that one of them says « oh, I guess you’re trying to push us out ». :banghead:

I’m really enjoying your TR - your joy of being there comes through so clearly :)
This really grinds my gears as well. I could completely understand if it's no crowded; sure, take your time. However, if it's prime time at one of the busiest theme parks in the world, maybe be a little more considerate?

Songbird76

I get those cramps in both my feet and my calves. I do the same thing as @Rista1313 and jump out of bed and put my toes on the floor and then push my heel down. When I get up in the morning, that leg is usually really stiff and I have to stretch it out before I can walk...it can be sore for a couple of days. Water and potassium.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
This really grinds my gears as well. I could completely understand if it's no crowded; sure, take your time. However, if it's prime time at one of the busiest theme parks in the world, maybe be a little more considerate?
Indeed!
Apparently for some, consideration and good manners are left at home during a vacation!

Rista1313

I get those cramps in both my feet and my calves. I do the same thing as @Rista1313 and jump out of bed and put my toes on the floor and then push my heel down. When I get up in the morning, that leg is usually really stiff and I have to stretch it out before I can walk...it can be sore for a couple of days. Water and potassium.

I'm glad someone else does this.... my husband thinks I'm weird. I cannot get out of bed fast enough!

Songbird76

I'm glad someone else does this.... my husband thinks I'm weird. I cannot get out of bed fast enough!
My husband jumps out of bed, too. I think I actually learned it from him, because I used to get them when I was a cheerleader, and I would just try to straighten it while I was still in bed. The first time DH jumped out of bed, I was like "What are you doing??" because he startled me awake. But when he explained, it made sense, so I've been doing that ever since.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
My husband jumps out of bed, too. I think I actually learned it from him, because I used to get them when I was a cheerleader, and I would just try to straighten it while I was still in bed. The first time DH jumped out of bed, I was like "What are you doing??" because he startled me awake. But when he explained, it made sense, so I've been doing that ever since.

youngdeb

I used to get the calf cramps really badly when I was pregnant as well. I would have to jump out of bed to stretch them out as well. DH was always super concerned lol.

maxntina

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with leg cramps. I used to have terrible calf cramps until I started using magnesium oil spray. Just one spritz on the sole of my foot before bed, and it cured my charlie horses! Most of us have mineral deficiencies - postassium, magnesium, etc., since our diets are lacking in essential nutrients.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
20190507_182452.jpg
20190507_182829.jpg
20190507_183247.jpg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
I used to get the calf cramps really badly when I was pregnant as well. I would have to jump out of bed to stretch them out as well. DH was always super concerned lol.
Oh no! Welcome to the Crampy Club! 😅

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with leg cramps. I used to have terrible calf cramps until I started using magnesium oil spray. Just one spritz on the sole of my foot before bed, and it cured my charlie horses! Most of us have mineral deficiencies - postassium, magnesium, etc., since our diets are lacking in essential nutrients.
Thanks! I'll get that oil!
I didn't know about it, it sounds effective.
And yes, also my diet could be better! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom