News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Rteetz

It's entirely possible to have more combinations...

Like a component delay... AND on top of that.. another executive decision to open later to align with other things. Either alone, or together, can have what looks like the same outcome. This is why you can't leap to conclusions with only seeing part of the picture.

Know the limits of your data...
That is true however the delay doesn’t appear to be a cabin production delay like originally rumored. There could be another component like you said but the cabin itself doesn’t appear to be delayed.

shernernum

I really can't wait until this is open so that we have to find something new to argue about on this board for what will inevitably become over 1000 pages. Also, if anyone on here truly had all the plans in front of them, there would be no need to speculate or argue at all.
And, yes, I know that no one is forcing me to read this thread, however I truly do appreciate the actual updates and information that is sometimes provided in here.

mm121

I'm right there with her regarding the claustrophobia and helplessness. And add in a fear of heights for me. However, I'm looking forward to trying the Skyliner (that might change once I actually get in one of the cabins lol.). We usually stay at AoA and I think it's going to be a very efficient mode of transportation between there and EP and DHS. I will be a mess when I ride it the first time and I already have a plan for that. I'll take a good dose of my anti-anxiety meds and since we usually go to EP on our arrival day (but don't arrive at the park until late afternoon) I figured that will be a good time to try it. If I have a total panic attack, at least it will only ruin a short day (usually 4 hours) in the park and not a full day. And I'll have time to figure out how I'm going to get to EP & DHS on the other days we'll be there. We drive to Disney but only use Disney transportation once we arrive. If I have to, I'll drive to those parks. But I'm hoping I don't have to.

The fabulous magical bus system will still be available.

Maybe with slightly less frequency, but there's been no indication that bus service between areas connecting to the skyliner will be discounted.

On that note can you get a bus from:
GF/Poly/Contemporary to the TTC & Epcot despite them being connected via the monorail?

peter11435

The fabulous magical bus system will still be available.

Maybe with slightly less frequency, but there's been no indication that bus service between areas connecting to the skyliner will be discounted.

On that note can you get a bus from:
GF/Poly/Contemporary to the TTC & Epcot despite them being connected via the monorail?
Bus service on those routes is still planned to be eliminated.

They do not run buses on routes serviced by the monorails.

Phil12

Unless you have seen the project plan, then there is no visible evidence to the contrary. Just because something finished on time, doesn't mean there were delays. Nobody is defending the rumor, we are just saying that there is not enough evidence to say if it was true or not. We know Doplymyr was having production problems, we just don't know if these impacted Disney or not.
Yes we do. The Doppelmayr Garaventa Group hired Rockwell Automation as a subcontractor on the Disney Skyliner:

Disney Dad 3000

On a more serious note, has there been any more rumblings on a potential opening for this instead of fall? Seems there's been a number of changes to this year's schedule and curious if they'll get this open for summer (June 30 maybe). Know there's a difference between when its ready and when Disney is ready, but seems with the testing, evac testing and construction they are in a good spot. Would think they'd want it running smoothly well before SW but also to get some pub out of it before SW takes over in august.

Disclaimer: asking for purely selfish purposes since we'll be at CBR for 2 days of our trip in late july.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom