News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

Robinsad

I tend to buy the magic band for the Halloween party but guessing that won't be one of my options. Shame as I already have my mnsshp ticket so they could know I'm eligible for the band.

JohnD

I guess Disney saw most AP and resort guests don't buy extra magic bands since they already have enough to make giant Christmas wreaths out of them. What would be better for the environment is a $10 discount for no magic band.

I checked in Monday a week ago (now home). They commented on that I have one of every color. I said that’s right so declined needing another one.

aliceismad

Ban (free) straws, but keep generating plastic junk that turns a profit. What hypocrites. But, hey, TWDC gets praise for following the latest environmental fad while people keep shoveling cash in their direction, so it’s a win-win.
At least magic bands are reusable. You don't have to get new bands for every trip. Of course people who collect them might.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This is an interesting experiment. I’ll leave it at that.

This won’t affect my purchase or non-purchase decision one iota. I still see no reason to spend money on something that is offered for free just because it’s different visually. It’s not as if you’re staring at your MagicBand for hours and hours each day. Or maybe you do, then I guess it makes sense. 😆

DISR

I would be less likely to get a new one every time (especially for my 4yo) if there was a way to know if the battery still has enough juice to work on the long distance (i.e. photo ops) applications..
Good point...I always get a new one just to avoid the risk of an expensive vacation having an avoidable glitch. If I was more confident the the amount remaining on the battery, I would probably decline the extra hardware from time to time. On the other hand, the kids do like to play with the old bands....

cosmicgirl

This is an interesting experiment. I’ll leave it at that.

This won’t affect my purchase or non-purchase decision one iota. I still see no reason to spend money on something that is offered for free just because it’s different visually. It’s not as if you’re staring at your MagicBand for hours and hours each day. Or maybe you do, then I guess it makes sense. 😆
I catch myself looking at it for the time whenever I wear one. Does that count?

ImperfectPixie

I would be less likely to get a new one every time (especially for my 4yo) if there was a way to know if the battery still has enough juice to work on the long distance (i.e. photo ops) applications..
Good point...I always get a new one just to avoid the risk of an expensive vacation having an avoidable glitch. If I was more confident the the amount remaining on the battery, I would probably decline the extra hardware from time to time. On the other hand, the kids do like to play with the old bands....
I seem to recall reading that the battery life is ~2 years.

piglet21

You can go onto MDE and deactivate magic bands to preserve battery life and then reactivate them when you're heading to the parks. I've done this with my Yoda band I got when Star Wars Weekends were still a thing and it still works :)

mmssbrg2

You can go onto MDE and deactivate magic bands to preserve battery life and then reactivate them when you're heading to the parks. I've done this with my Yoda band I got when Star Wars Weekends were still a thing and it still works :)
I'm confused. Doesn't this just deactivate it on your MDE account? How would it have any impact on the magic band if the band only communicates via RFID while on property? MDE won't communicate with the magic band when you're at home.

piglet21

I'm confused. Doesn't this just deactivate it on your MDE account? How would it have any impact on the magic band if the band only communicates via RFID while on property? MDE won't communicate with the magic band when you're at home.
I don't know, I was told it did by a cast member and the magic band still works years (well over 2 years) later. 💁‍♀️ Highly probable I had a mis-informed cast member & somehow the battery just lasted forever

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom