News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Kman101

I get the complaints, and sympathize with them - but at the same time:

3521bp4.jpg

Is it lackluster? Yeah, have to concede that point. But for myself, like so many other things in life it’s more about the memories from when I was a child riding with Mom or Dad. For that reason alone, I’d hate to see it go.

I get the nostalgic memories :) At least you agree they can do better with it :) and they should ...

TrainsOfDisney

You’d think google or somebody would want to sponsor this and create an electric / driverless car of the future type deal. Maybe they could do an “invisible” track that the vehicles would follow but it would look like a driverless type car. Maybe have some buttons so kids could “control” the speed?

I’m still not totally sure why this got built so basic in the first place.... and I’m even more baffled why it’s still so basic after almost 50 years.

Kman101

I think everyone can agree that this is the worst iteration of the ride across all the Disney theme parks...and sad that this being their flagship park doesn't get the most elaborate version...

Yep.

But silly Bocabear, we're probably just being negative ;) The kids love it! ;)

I do think they could do better here, by a lot ... I still like the idea of an Autopia (even if it was a Jr. version) behind Test Track ... they could have really done a lot more with the "transportation" aspect ... anyway ... I digress a bit. (EDIT: Or theme it to Wreck-it-Ralph, wouldn't Ralph be an OK transition between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland? Or Cars theme at HS ... it feels a bit wasted at MK with it being so inferior to the other versions)

MickeyMouse10

Nostalgia wins at least through the 50th.

Hopefully that means they'll go back to 1971's prices. I'll probably be able to actually afford it.

$3.50 for an adult and $1.00 for a child ($10.25 and $9.25 w/ ride tickets)

mm121

Haven't gone through all 30 pages.

But does anyone have photos showing the track layout changes to see just how much it was shortened?

raymusiccity

You’d think google or somebody would want to sponsor this and create an electric / driverless car of the future type deal. Maybe they could do an “invisible” track that the vehicles would follow but it would look like a driverless type car. Maybe have some buttons so kids could “control” the speed?

I’m still not totally sure why this got built so basic in the first place.... and I’m even more baffled why it’s still so basic after almost 50 years.
Maybe because all of the kids think it's a lot of fun to 'drive' a smelly, noisy car 😄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom