Best Mexican at WDW

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I concur with others about Fontera Cocina. Rick Bayless is one of the hottest chefs right now in Mexican cuisine. We eat there every trip to WDW. Not had a bad meal yet.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

aliceismad

I've not been to Frontera Cocina, but it is a Rick Bayless restaurant and his places in Chicago are quite good. (You may have seen him on Top Chef, if you like the celebrity chef thing.)

Hockey89

I've not been to Frontera Cocina, but it is a Rick Bayless restaurant and his places in Chicago are quite good. (You may have seen him on Top Chef, if you like the celebrity chef thing.)
Or Iron Chef vs Bobby Flay. I like is Disney Springs places a lot, but if you have been to his places in Chicago they wont be as good.

aliceismad

Or Iron Chef vs Bobby Flay. I like is Disney Springs places a lot, but if you have been to his places in Chicago they wont be as good.
I assume the bar is set higher in Chicago, or any major metro, but good to know. I've found the same to be true of Vegas. The places are good but not as good as LA, Chicago, etc.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
For Mexican food, I've only been to the Mexico Pavilion restaurants, and I thought the food was great.

If you want a really good atmosphere with ok food: go to San Angel Inn (I cannot recommend this more -- the experience is amazing)
I've eaten at the San Angel Inn multiple times, and in my opinion, the food is consistent. I recommend asking for a seat with a view of the volcano.

If you want slightly better food (slightly) and views of the fireworks: go to La Hacienda de San Angel (my food was pretty good, and there are large windows in the main room for firework viewing)
Out of the two, which would you choose?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
we are from Texas where we have some of the best in the country and we do not like any of the Mexican food places at WDW at all.

Plus you have Texas BBQ. IMO Franklin's in Austin - Smoke, Pecan, and Hard Eight in Dallas ain't exactly shabby. As good as Polite Pig is - no comparison. You've got the Tex and the Mex covered.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
As others have said, for atmosphere pick the San Angel Inn. For the better food pick La Hacienda de San Angel. And the food at San Angel Inn is by no means bad, nor is the atmosphere at La Hacienda.

Makes it tough, doesn't it?
Certainly does. I'm thinking about Frontera since everyone says the food is great.

Minnie1986

Original Poster
No question Frontera has the best food....

The San Angel Inn does have a really cool Atmosphere. We eat there our first day after we check in to the Beach Club.... Tradition for us
I've always wanted to eat there, solely for the atmosphere. Maybe I'll check it separately; that Frontera menu looks so good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom