CRT New Upcharge

Missing20K

Your first two examples are two of the most predatory, low customer satisfaction businesses going. Typical of you actually.
And the third is food. Food prices are not included in the CPI for a reason, and that is because you have to buy them regardless of the price.

How anyone can possibly compare purchasing groceries to purchasing anything else (particularly a DIS vacation) besides medicine, clothes and shelter, is way, way past my comprehension.

MinnieWaffles

Just sayin' - Disney used to view most guests as equal once they were inside the parks. Such a silly, antiquated notion in these days of labels, class warfare, and other such nonsense that so many fought so hard to get rid of, only to see it wiped out thanks to social media and "social justice"...

Yet another thread that I will now ignore... :banghead:

You've never been "equal", there's always been some sort of special thing you can do to set you apart from others. But as you're using hyperbole for something so silly as a theme park, it's not worth arguing.

fngoofy

I wasn't sure if it was meanness, sarcasm, or if that person really thought going to Kentucky 4 times was impressive(?) The last line about disposable income threw me off LOL.
Thanks. (to be fair, I mentioned St. Louis. But that's because I just had some Disneyesque experience there. Check out City Museum and the Cheshire if you are ever there.)

eliza61nyc

Just sayin' - Disney used to view most guests as equal once they were inside the parks. Such a silly, antiquated notion in these days of labels, class warfare, and other such nonsense that so many fought so hard to get rid of, only to see it wiped out thanks to social media and "social justice"...

Yet another thread that I will now ignore... :banghead:

Serious stupid question. I did not go until 2000 so our first time there definitely were "extras" experiences that could be purchased. So am I correct that there were no such things prior?

not sure if I would call it "class warfare". I mean all these offerings are open to anyone who wants to purchase them right?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
And the third is food. Food prices are not included in the CPI for a reason, and that is because you have to buy them regardless of the price.

How anyone can possibly compare purchasing groceries to purchasing anything else (particularly a DIS vacation) besides medicine, clothes and shelter, is way, way past my comprehension.
Same. I should know better to respond, but then here I am. :banghead:

ImperfectPixie

Serious stupid question. I did not go until 2000 so our first time there definitely were "extras" experiences that could be purchased. So am I correct that there were no such things prior?
If I recall, the only up-charge events in 2000 were the Christmas and Halloween parties. I could be mistaken, but the Halloween party was the only one that was offered to me for our honeymoon (I booked directly through Disney).

ETA: There were the usual ones - park-hopper, water parks & more, and that stuff. But no dessert parties or anything like we see today.

eliza61nyc

If I recall, the only up-charge events in 2000 were the Christmas and Halloween parties. I could be mistaken, but the Halloween party was the only one that was offered to me for our honeymoon (I booked directly through Disney).
We booked through a travel agent and we stayed at Ft. Wilderness. I remember them offering us a couple of "extras" one was a tour guide another was prepaid dinner package that had special "viewing" for the fireworks. I guess it could have been offered by the agency

ImperfectPixie

We booked through a travel agent and we stayed at Ft. Wilderness. I remember them offering us a couple of "extras" one was a tour guide another was prepaid dinner package that had special "viewing" for the fireworks. I guess it could have been offered by the agency
Possibly. There definitely weren't any roped-off areas in MK for VIP viewing...the whole hub was wide open.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So you're saying over time we'll all be forced to buy the CRT package??😘

Upsell pricing has drug “standard” pricing up with it..as you would understand
You've never been "equal", there's always been some sort of special thing you can do to set you apart from others. But as you're using hyperbole for something so silly as a theme park, it's not worth arguing.

But you can appreciate that the differences are greater

...you remember what it was like 30/20/10 years ago...

Probation

Well i have been reading the comments.and had to put my 2 cents in. I booked this yesterday as soon as i read about it. No im not rich. I have several jobs.i have saved for this trip forever.i am staying at AOA not a deluxe because i wanted my money to go to events,the parks not where i sleep. I have studied blogs, forums,newletters to understand where i want to spend my money.
We all have a choice on where and what to purchase. U can buy a pair of socks at a dollar store.walmart, sears,jcp or Neiman marcus. Ur choice ur price range. And what u think is worth the value of ur dollar.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Anyone else remember when package offerings actually gave you a break over the total, aggregate cost?
Look at the post right above yours.

There is literally no incentive for them to offer a break. At the moment they have enough suckers, I mean, guests who simply don’t care about something as abstract as value.

Brad Bishop

lol one would think that would be more reason to research. ok I guess it's just me. I agree it's gotten a lot more complicated, lol if anything I would simply want to know how to avoid the crowds and long lines. just asking that online would get you a lot of information.

Again it just boggles my head that people just roll up to the world not knowing how they are going to eat or get on rides.

That's true for people here or over on disboards.. They have been WDW fans for a long time and will likely have done their research.

Your average Joe? They'll buy tickets or a package from a travel agency. They'll buy dinner when they get here just like every other vacation they've had. (except it isn't)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom