Trip Report Holy Smokes! Let's see how it goes?! *COMPLETED*

Hi Everyone! 🙋‍♀️

Welcome to my modest atempt in writing my very first Trip Report!

It all started when posting on a thread about the new smoking ban inside the parks, and someone (Hi @Lensman !) suggested that I could write about my experience during my next visit to WDW.

This Trip Report will NOT be just about smoking! Although I will be honest about my personal perspective about it during my visit.
(In no way am I endorsing or suggesting that it is advisable to smoke).

As I said before in this forum, I hope that in writing about our trip, not only will I share my little adventure with you, but also hopefuly, be distracted from smoking! 😁

So, if you would like to join me, thank you! I hope you find it at least a bit entertaining

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Members of the U.S. Armed Forces were present for the fly-over!
20190502_094010.jpg
20190502_094030.jpg

I'm going in June for 8 nights. My eldest daughter smokes. She plans on taking her vape pin and vaping it in the bathroom stalls. Nicotine vape juice comes in different levels. I smoked for 25 years and tried every thing to quit. The gum, the patch etc... nothing worked. Till the E-cig and vape came along. I started with the high level nicotine then reduced to lower levels when I felt ready then eventually went to flavors only with no nicotine. Then after about 2 years I even quit that too because I just got tired of having to keep it charged and putting it down then misplacing it and having to look for it.

Thank God for vaping. I believe it saved my life as nothing else worked. I've been completely smoke free for 8 years now. I was a pack a day smoker.
Thanks, but no. I may not like the rules, but I will comply. It’s those that don’t comply that ruin it for the rest of us.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, the plan for me is, first walk to Custom House and get some coffee. Then do a face mask, a foot scrub and a soak in the tub.

'Cause let me tell you, after 4 days of having too much fun in the sun, I reaaally need to get at least some of my dignity back! Hahaha! 😁

Tanna Eros

Hi Everyone! 🙋‍♀️

Welcome to my modest atempt in writing my very first Trip Report!

It all started when posting on a thread about the new smoking ban inside the parks, and someone (Hi @Lensman !) suggested that I could write about my experience during my next visit to WDW.

This Trip Report will NOT be just about smoking! Although I will be honest about my personal perspective about it during my visit.
(In no way am I endorsing or suggesting that it is advisable to smoke).

As I said before in this forum, I hope that in writing about our trip, not only will I share my little adventure with you, but also hopefuly, be distracted from smoking! 😁

So, if you would like to join me, thank you! I hope you find it at least a bit entertaining
Grateful for you reporting this. This will help a lot of people to get an idea about how things are now.

Tanna Eros

I've always wondered what that gum tastes like...is it "cigarette" flavored, or is it mint like most gum, or does it HAVE a flavor? I will never have a need to find out, so I'm very curious about that. Most medicines and such taste awful, but people deal with it because it's necessary....I'm wondering if this falls into the "use it because you need it, even though it tastes awful" category.
To me, it tastes like paperboard, and yes, I know, because I ate my box of math numbers in first grade.
But it does work if you bite it when you need it, and park it like snus between your cheek and gum until you need it again.
This sounds goofy, but sometimes the habit of raising your hand to your mouth is missing, so we got some gourmet lolly's when I flew across country. Maybe they have some fancy lollies in the park?

Tanna Eros

Took a couple of pictures on the way in to Epcot.

First, there are a couple of small standing ashtrays right on the path everyone uses from the parking lot into the park, not ideal...

As you can see in the pictures bellow, there's a new area, partially shaded by trees, only one bench, but people can sit on the planter's edge.

It is located at the East side of the entrance, near restrooms.
Map bellow.

View attachment 368701View attachment 368703View attachment 368705
It's good to be able to see them, to see how far from the walk they are.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm going in June for 8 nights. My eldest daughter smokes. She plans on taking her vape pin and vaping it in the bathroom stalls. Nicotine vape juice comes in different levels. I smoked for 25 years and tried every thing to quit. The gum, the patch etc... nothing worked. Till the E-cig and vape came along. I started with the high level nicotine then reduced to lower levels when I felt ready then eventually went to flavors only with no nicotine. Then after about 2 years I even quit that too because I just got tired of having to keep it charged and putting it down then misplacing it and having to look for it.

Thank God for vaping. I believe it saved my life as nothing else worked. I've been completely smoke free for 8 years now. I was a pack a day smoker.
Congratulations for quitting smoking. I really mean that.
I also would like to take the opportunity to tell you that this Trip Report is not about finding ways to bend the rules on smoking inside the Disney parks.

If that is your position, you might find this thread rather boring.

Maybe the title gave you the wrong impression?

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
I would like to know your opinion on this:

Last April we stayed at Coronado Springs and a cast member gifted us 2 extra sets of pins. These were left in the rooms because of the renovations that are going on.
I was thinking of giving them away to kids with pin lanyards, but I woudn't want to come across as creepy! 😬

How would you do this? Any ideas?
20190503_112212.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom