Will Endgame reach 1 billion on its first Sunday? Yes

jt04

Theaters having to add show times around the clock and shows selling out consistently. Good thing Disney Springs got their new garage opened. Hoping bioreconstruct gets some overheads tomorrow.

BrianLo

Deadline has bumped Friday up to 157 million and the weekend 349... which is obscene.

Same way Force Awakens played out, excitement leading up to a possibility of breaking 200 only for it to almost leap over that and break another 50 milestone.

I won't completely lose my head, but Titanic's lifetime gross is definitely falling, Avatar's sort of depends. No, it's not on a 3 billion trajectory... yet.

seascape

Original Poster
There are only 46 movies that have an all time North American box office of 350 million or more in their lifetime. With a 349 million projected opening weekend it is possible that Endgame will get there in 3 days.

Bob Iger and the entire company are geniuses. They have all the expenses this year to start Disney Plus and with the slate of movies they are issuing this year, SW:GE opening in both Disneyland and Disney World and all the merchandise coming out, Disney may not see a drop in profits. Plus with all that momentum and with all the excitement and Entertainment news Disney Plus will exceed their lowly estimates.

erasure fan1

I won't completely lose my head, but Titanic's lifetime gross is definitely falling, Avatar's sort of depends. No, it's not on a 3 billion trajectory... yet.
I really hope this does beat out Avatar for the top spot and I think it has a chance. It seems this movie is one of those you almost have to see it multiple times just to process everything.So as good as the movie is along with its rewatchability, could mean #1 all time.

jt04

There are only 46 movies that have an all time North American box office of 350 million or more in their lifetime. With a 349 million projected opening weekend it is possible that Endgame will get there in 3 days.

Bob Iger and the entire company are geniuses. They have all the expenses this year to start Disney Plus and with the slate of movies they are issuing this year, SW:GE opening in both Disneyland and Disney World and all the merchandise coming out, Disney may not see a drop in profits. Plus with all that momentum and with all the excitement and Entertainment news Disney Plus will exceed their lowly estimates.

Iger will be leaving the company in a profoundly better place than when he arrived. Still hoping all this cash flow means more of TDOs infrastructure wish list gets accomplished as a good start on the next 50.

seascape

Original Poster
Worldwide gross through Friday night is 643.7 million. Due to timelines and the international dateline by the end of tonight, US time Endgame should be at 1 billion dollars worldwide. It is very likely to pass Captain America Sunday.

seascape

Original Poster
I was at the movies on Saturday evening watching Breakthrough with my wife. The AMC had almost sold out all their Endgame screenings. In fact I was just on the AMC site and they will do a out the same today. Therefore I expect the North American box office record for opening weekend to be more that 350 million and more likely over 360 million. 1.2 billion worldwide is also very likely.

BTW, the Breakout screening was sold out. Captain Marvel was also going well so I would not be shocked if Disney's total box office this weekend passes 370 million with a very small possibility of 380 million.

Last edited:

seascape

Original Poster
Boxofficemojo.com has released the international weekend gross and its is a mindboggling 859 million. Adding in the Deadline estimated 358 million puts Endgame at number 17 on the all time worldwide gross list and number 1 for the year. 1.217 billion dollars on its first Sunday. And likely a little more.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Was seeing the $358m domestic and $1.2b worldwide totals earlier this evening. Just staggering, but well deserved.

Iger likely had very little to do with the MCU outside of leaving Feige in charge of it. I’m not here to read about or discuss him in this thread, though. 😀

jt04

Was seeing the $358m domestic and $1.2b worldwide totals earlier this evening. Just staggering, but well deserved.

Iger likely had very little to do with the MCU outside of leaving Feige in charge of it. I’m not here to read about or discuss him in this thread, though. 😀

His m.o. all along is to give the creatives the space and resources they need. Course corrections happening for Lucasfilm because that franchise can also produce similar box office in a similar way.

IMO.

Jimmy Thick

If Endgame can hit two billion by next Sunday I think there is a strong chance it can topple Avatar. Unfortunately my local theatre was not as busy today as Friday and Saturday, I use that as a completely inaccurate gauge of the public’s interest but when the force awakens came out the local theatre was packed everyday for about a month. I’m not seeing the same numbers turn up right away.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If Endgame can hit two billion by next Sunday I think there is a strong chance it can topple Avatar. Unfortunately my local theatre was not as busy today as Friday and Saturday, I use that as a completely inaccurate gauge of the public’s interest but when the force awakens came out the local theatre was packed everyday for about a month. I’m not seeing the same numbers turn up right away.

There was very strong motivation for people to see this movie early.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom