Muppet*Vision Rare Behind The Scene Photo's

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Found a tumblr page that showed a bit of Behind the scene photo's during the filiming of Muppet*Vision...https://jimhenson-themuppetmaster.tumblr.com/tagged/muppet-vision-3d

Some are quite interesting as they feature many scenes of the Minute and a half salute to all nations but, mostly America...
tumblr_p4k7o8Ozln1v230yto1_640.jpg

Steve Whitmire and other Performers on the set of Muppet Vision 3D.

Steve Whitmire, Jim Henson and other Performers on the set of Muppet Vision 3D.

The Interior of Muppet Labs and the force perspective size
Behind the Scenes Photo from Muppet Vision 3D.
Miss Piggy on the set of Muppet Vision 3D

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Jim Henson on Set...
Jim Henson and other Muppet Performers on the set of Muppet Vision 3D.

Jim Controlling Kermit on the Fire truck during the filming

This one I find to be even more interesting as many recall Sweetum's being in the finale scene shown here..

Apparently Bean was to be as well...I'm sure he was to pop out and say his line from the end of the film "Hah! What a Cute Ending!" as he does in the Balcony instead but, they had done a version while he was on screen....

Last edited:

muddyrivers

These are incredible photos. Great find! I hope they get posted on other image sharing websites so that these don't disappear several years from now.

By the way, notice the watermark on some of the images is mirrored? Wonder why some of the pictures are flipped.

DisneyJill

These are incredible photos. Great find! I hope they get posted on other image sharing websites so that these don't disappear several years from now.

By the way, notice the watermark on some of the images is mirrored? Wonder why some of the pictures are flipped.

if you look at the hole in the wall in the pic with sweetums, it doesn't look like the actual pic is flipped though, just the watermark?

these are so cool. thanks for sharing!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Apparently Bean was to be as well...I'm sure he was to pop out and say his line from the end of the film "Hah! What a Cute Ending!" as he does in the Balcony instead but, they had done a version while he was on screen....

Bean... got me thinking... what's the Muppet version of "the dip"?

Chef Mickey

Anyone else think Bean is a terrible character? He screws up everything and just says he wants to help. How was he helping anything during the show?

Then they let him set off the fireworks and the entire show is a disaster.

They should have let him run away.

Terrible.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Anyone else think Bean is a terrible character? He screws up everything and just says he wants to help. How was he helping anything during the show?

Then they let him set off the fireworks and the entire show is a disaster.

They should have let him run away.

Terrible.
I'm still confused why they added him as a regular since he was in the Henson Special "The Tale of the Bunny Picnic" he was out of place even when they started using him in the Muppets at WDW...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
People who don't understand comedy think annoying is funny. It's not. It's annoying.

Where annoying works is when the annoying character gets their comeuppance. Miss Piggy's ego is deflated. Fozzie gets heckled. That works.

Bean and/or Scooter being clueless and incompetent has no pay-off.

Chef Mickey

People who don't understand comedy think annoying is funny. It's not. It's annoying.

Where annoying works is when the annoying character gets their comeuppance. Miss Piggy's ego is deflated. Fozzie gets heckled. That works.

Bean and/or Scooter being clueless and incompetent has no pay-off.
And Gonzo is all concerned when Bean says he’s going away FOREVER. Honestly, who cares?

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
This guy's hair tho...

Seriously, am I the only one who heard Van Halen's Jump playing in their head every time this guy showed up in a photo?
Yeeahh..That's former Muppetteer Steve Whitmire the former successor to Kermit, and also voiced Rizzo and Bean Bunny...
bb0aa.jpg

muddyrivers

A lot of these muppetteers can be seen performing their characters in this video from Jim Henson's funeral when they performed a medley of his favorite songs:

Warning, it will likely bring tears to your eyes but it is beautiful and a moving tribute to the man who brought us much happiness not only in MuppetVision 3D but also with the entire Muppet franchise.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Great find! Thanks for sharing!

It always confused me as to why sweetums is in the film AND up front saying “what an explosion!” at the end. Seems like they overlooked that.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Had to bring this back as this is about as interesting as these photo's..Cow Missing's You Tube channel has some really neat videos and these 2 are pretty impressive as it shows the entire Pre-show Composite of the 3 screens

And the Entire show as an Animatic showing the AA's when they interact during the film..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom