Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

SWGalaxysEdge

Thanks looking forward to what insiders say on this. 40 feet (going off your prediction) is definitely more significant especially for a ride that will invite more families on board.

...guess? What's that? ;-) - I compared the elevator the ride car gets into, to the one in NYC - where you "ride" up an elevator to the top of a building when actually, everything is projected on the elevator walls/screens. See this video for an example...

Surferboy567

...guess? What's that? ;-) - I compared the elevator the ride car gets into, to the one in NYC - where you "ride" up an elevator to the top of a building when actually, everything is projected on the elevator walls/screens. See this video for an example...

I get that their are projections...but are you actually taking a significant fall? My question is does the ride really have a "true" drop while the projections are happening? "True" Drop is for example like Splash Mountain (obviously it would not be that high but you get my point).

britain

I get that their are projections...but are you actually taking a significant fall? My question is does the ride really have a "true" drop while the projections are happening? "True" Drop is for example like Splash Mountain (obviously it would not be that high but you get my point).

Well Splash Mountain does have a 40 foot drop. So it could be that big.

Old Mouseketeer

Honestly, I can envision a scenario where you "drop" at the rate of a standard elevator with screens like 1WTC with a "jerk" at the bottom. The riders' inner ears will perceive the descent and the video will convey the drop back to the planet. This could be effective in an attraction context.

180º

FWIW, the Disneyland app mistakenly listed Rise of the Resistance for a few days and it noted “Small drops.”

740319AE-CB91-400C-92F2-C9B4E5F9D82C.jpeg

wdizneew

FWIW, the Disneyland app mistakenly listed Rise of the Resistance for a few days and it noted “Small drops.”

View attachment 367453

It could be that there is an initial slight drop (15 ft?) to make it feel like the riders are launched out of the ship followed by a slowed descent (10 ft?) with a screen simulated approach to Galaxy's Edge and then another slight drop (final 15 ft?) to simulate touching down? Essentially a double drop a la Tower of Terror but on a smaller scale.

Marc Davis Fan

We can't discern much from the "small drops" categorization, because if you look at what is currently categorized as having "small drops," that includes attractions such as Soarin' Around the World, Star Tours, Dinosaur, and even... Peter Pan's Flight.

But it also includes Kali River Rapids, Frozen Ever After, Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Slinky Dog Dash, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, which do feature substantial, although indeed small, drops.

So, Rise of the Resistance could either have no true drops, or it could indeed have, say, something like a fairly controlled 30-foot drop.

What we can discern is that it will not have drops at the level of Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, or the like, since that would categorize it as having "big drops." But we already knew that.

Also, like Flight of Passage, the "escape pod" could quite easily go up and down, allowing for multiple small drops throughout the journey back to Batuu, similar to Flight of Passage.

My main hope (and optimistic suspicion) is that they will take advantage of the fact that the vehicle is descending from the second floor, i.e., include a "true" drop like those on Big Thunder, Pirates, Kali, Frozen, etc.

britain

Think how Transformers moves you between floors with a larger than usual projection area to take your attention away from the level change. Add a few purposeful small drops / lifts to simulate the initial launch, re entry and landing.

I suspect they are hoping for rise of the resistance to be a modern-day equivalent to what Pirates of the Caribbean was back in the 60s: A ground breaking, epic, dark but family-friendly attraction with a mild thrill element. Now, I know this will have a height requirement, while Pirates has no requirement, but I don’t think they’ll be trying to put a mini tower of terror experience in here.

dennis-in-ct

Think how Transformers moves you between floors with a larger than usual projection area to take your attention away from the level change. Add a few purposeful small drops / lifts to simulate the initial launch, re entry and landing.

I have ridden transformers and had no ideas there was a floor change. Does Spider-Man at IOA have multi floors?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I have ridden transformers and had no ideas there was a floor change. Does Spider-Man at IOA have multi floors?
It worked then!

Spider-Man is all single floor. The majority of Transformers show scenes are upstairs. I’ve a plan somewhere

Here you go. Only one I’ve got on me at the mo but you get the idea:

5F0D08C9-17B6-46A4-A8DB-2C8FD0773EEA.jpeg

Spider-Man on the left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom