Votes: 7 10.0%
  • What's a Dinner Show?

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Original Poster
So now we're basically down to 2. Hoop De Doo and Spirit of Aloha. With all the new restaurants and lounges recently announced - Do you think Disney should add another dinner show (or 2).

Amos1784

I'm actually shocked they have not implemented another dinner show(s), similar to Marvel or Star Wars days at Sea on the cruises. I know you are not eating dinner during those shows but at WDW they could implement that somewhere and charge and arm and a leg. I personally would not attend but can't imagine how many would. We adore Hoop De Doo but I think that is because to us it feels like "old" Disney charm. Haven't done the Luau in many many years.

FigmentFan82

I think another dinner show, or two, would be very well received, but I wonder about management agreeing to operate a restaurant with the added costs of performers, etc.

As for what the theme could be? As someone mentioned above Pirates seems ripe for a dinner show. Maybe something in World Showcase? Or a murder mystery dinner associated with Tower of Terror?

Weather_Lady

A legitimate stage show at the Golden Horseshoe -- or even just a Western vaudeville-style variety show with acts like a Davy Crockett or Will Rogers-inspired storyteller, a jug band, a ragtime piano player or funny songstress (a la Madeline Kahn in "Blazing Saddles") would not go amiss. There are ways to do it that would keep the scale small, and wouldn't infringe on the content and theme of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue. A restaurant with an empty stage (or one occupied by a broken, lonely player piano) is just pathetic and sad.

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

A legitimate stage show at the Golden Horseshoe -- or even just a Western vaudeville-style variety show with acts like a Davy Crockett or Will Rogers-inspired storyteller, a jug band, a ragtime piano player or funny songstress (a la Madeline Kahn in "Blazing Saddles") would not go amiss. There are ways to do it that would keep the scale small, and wouldn't infringe on the content and theme of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue. A restaurant with an empty stage (or one occupied by a broken, lonely player piano) is just pathetic and sad.
I think I have an idea that would kill a few birds with one stone. What if they had a theater acting program for kids, ages 6 to to 16. It could be a drop off where you drop the kids off at say 5 pm. They eat there and work on a performance for 2 hours, then boom, at 7 pm mom and dad get a dinner show with kids mixed with staff to perform it. It would be a real simple thing and it is totally doable. I mean Belles Enchanted Story works and the kids get next to no prep.

JIMINYCR

YESSSS... With all the talent at hand and the popularity of dinner shows, I never understood why they havent incorporated more. Anything that entertains will pack families in. We always return to HDD but weve abandoned booking SoA because of the quality of food and its lost its appeal on us. The shows at Golden Horseshoe were so much fun and entertaining, they should make a return.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Something along the lines of Carousel of Progress, but on roller blades. Food should include dishes that harken back to the 1920's, 1940's, 1960's, 1980's and current day.

Or, of course, a re-creation of the library at the Adventurer's Club with a dinner-themed skit up on stage...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom